Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 295

Thread: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Sawyer-
    SOOOOOO many others have attempted to explain why when it comes to AIDS research and the treatment costs.
    You ignore them, I don't see the point of trying after all those folks.

    Now IF you had said all diseases you bring on yourself should not receive taxpayer dollars, you MIGHT be a bit more believable. IF you had not kept up the drumbeat of gays and crackheads you MIGHT be a bit more believable. IF you had not made the completely unsubstantiated claim that 99% of the women who got AIDS through hetero sex are whores, you MIGHT be believable. But of course you didn't

    You 'examples' are flinging dirty drawers at the wall hoping one sticks.

    Now here is one for you-

    If a dozen people look at you and say, "Man, you don't look so good. You feel ok?" You just might want to lay down for a bit...
    There has been only one attempt to explain why and I acknowledged it, the rest has been personal attacks on me like your post.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Through out our history veneral diseases have been the scourge of mankind, yet all were as "preventable" as HIV. I'de say that is good reason to spend money for an aids vaccine. Your personal habits have little to do with it.
    Spending more on AIDS than any other disease and possibly even all diseases put together is not acceptable.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Don't even try to worm your way out of this. We spend billions on various other diseases as well. Cutting HIV/AIDS from the roster does nothing, except fulfill some pathetic imaginary sense of self-righteousness and moral superiority over others.
    Scroll back and look at examples I gave on the amount of money breast cancer etc gets compared to AIDS.

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Sawyer-
    I don't recall any Mod giving me a warning... just you, so you seem not so clear on what a personal attack is.

    You have just as warped a definition of what an explanation is, there have been many.

    I can understand your frustration, you thought dozens of like minded folks would jump on your bandwagon and instead you seem to be quite the minority.

    Facts are facts and if a few sting a mite, well they are still facts. You didn't post this as a waste of taxpayer money but rather being butt hurt over crack heads, whores, and gays getting so much money earmarked for their disease.

    You bring up breast cancer yet again but I have already addressed that. You refuse to read and comprehend anything outside your very biased opinion.

    As you yourself admit, you were wrong about Willard Winning, you should consider you are wrong now.

  5. #145
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    A substantial number of people with HIV... don't know they have it. Nor do they know their partners have it. It's an epidemic, regardless of any backwards notions of sexual morality. Here's a scenario. One partner gets HIV from a cheating spouse. Tell me exactly why that person should be disregarded? No one's plight should be abandoned because sex makes some people uncomfortable.
    HIV is an epidemic? Why haven't I read about this in paper and websites? Why haven't I heard this on the news?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #146
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    I don't care what your self righteous bull**** brain tells you.

    No one deserves to die that way and it must stop and we will continue to fight to cure this horrible disease.

    Do we stop fighting lung cancer because there are smokers... no.

    Do we stop fighting diabetes because some people get it from a bad lifestyle... no.

    AIDS is not just about today, it's about future generations. It affects unborn millions to come and I want my grand children or my great grandchildren to inherit an AIDS free world.

    Self righteous pricks be damned.

  7. #147
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    HIV is an epidemic? Why haven't I read about this in paper and websites? Why haven't I heard this on the news?
    I don't really know. It's been described as such for at least twenty years by now. You must have been trying really hard to ignore it. Maybe because it was a "gay" problem for a while?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #148
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Scroll back and look at examples I gave on the amount of money breast cancer etc gets compared to AIDS.
    Which is still irrelevant.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #149
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Misquoting proves you are not paying attention or you are a liar, which is it?
    You EXACTLY used the word "deserve." Claim he misquoted you makes you the liar - since you injected that word in your message falsely.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Sawyer-
    I don't recall any Mod giving me a warning... just you, so you seem not so clear on what a personal attack is.

    You have just as warped a definition of what an explanation is, there have been many.

    I can understand your frustration, you thought dozens of like minded folks would jump on your bandwagon and instead you seem to be quite the minority.

    Facts are facts and if a few sting a mite, well they are still facts. You didn't post this as a waste of taxpayer money but rather being butt hurt over crack heads, whores, and gays getting so much money earmarked for their disease.

    You bring up breast cancer yet again but I have already addressed that. You refuse to read and comprehend anything outside your very biased opinion.

    As you yourself admit, you were wrong about Willard Winning, you should consider you are wrong now.
    I don't think we are supposed to discuss mod decisions up here but I would assume there have been quite a few infractions handed out in this thread . I would sure hope so anyway and no there have been no explanations of why we are spending so much on AIDS except for the one I mentioned. My position on the other hand is crystal clear and I have repeated it over and over.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •