Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 295

Thread: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    Well you better let the government know that, because that sure is not the case now.
    True enough, Bush increased AIDS spending in Africa by billions, just one of the many things I did not like about him

  2. #112
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    AIDS is a disease that for the most part is due to promiscuous sex or drug abuse and IMO taking money from things like childhood leukemia, MS, Parkinson's etc and giving it to a group of people who pretty much deserve what they got is a huge waste of resources. The only reason we spend so much money on it is that so many people that have it or fear they may contract it are so vocal and being gay is
    so trendy as a current human right. So heres the question, should we be funding research to cure these people or worse yet find a vaccine to let them engage in their risky lifestyle with no consequences?

    EDIT: sorry I blew the poll part but I would be interested in your opinions.
    I think it depends on which problem is more prevelant. Part of AIDs prevention comes with access to condoms. Rich or poor you can always have sec with a whore. There are also kids born with it to think about.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #113
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Contageous diseases, transmittable diseases, are of vastly greater health concern than fatal illness.

    A person with cancer cannot deliberately or inadvertantly kill 1, 10, 1000, 10000000 other people. A person with a transmittable disease can. Can kill a billion people. And 10,000,000s of millions dying from such diseases historically dwarf death counts by war and genocidal civil conflicts.

    It is likely that of the enourmous numbers of deaths and loses by HIV/AIDS started with 1 person. Who has now killed millions. Certainly unknowingly.

    THAT is why HIV/AIDS is so critical to fine a vaccination or cure for.

    The OP's opinion is that those people all deserve to die = literally wants them to die to stop some of those people's "lifestyle." In his view, any person who does not only have sex with a virgin - tested by physical examination (female) or double blind polygraph tests (if male) - is more evil than a serial child rapist-murderer who if caught is only put to death summarily or imprisoned for life - while a 15 year old who has sex with another 15 year old then both should be put to death by slow, torturous death by disease. Why does he say so? "Because they deserve it!"

    So his solution to HIV/AIDS is that everyone in the world must stop having sex. And stop using illegal drugs. And stop involving in any sporting event involving possible blood. And all persons including nurses and doctors must stop using needles. ANYONE who doesn't, deserves to executed by slow, terrible deaths. And then, he believes, HIV/AIDS wouldn't be a problem.

    And, of course, then I suppose anyone that goes outside in the risky conduct of not wearing a HEPA rated breathing filter also deserves to die of influenza.

    I want to keep this on point of the OP's reasoning.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I asked a question in my previous post. Can any of you justify spending over four times as much on AIDS than on breast cancer which one in eight women will get in their lifetime. This does not even count the 15.6 billion we spend keeping drug addicts, crack whores and gays that refused to wear rubbers alive. Look at the pie chart I posted, there is only 1% of people with AIDS that do not fall into these categories.Apparently you have no answer for that so you choose to make me the subject of your post instead.
    That you continue to keep framing the disease around crack whores and gays is the telling part for me.

    That you dodge all the other diseases more or less caused by risky behavior.

    That you see a disease, breast cancer which has a history of massive spending for the cure... we are both old enough to remember a woman being told she has breast cancer was told to go home and make preparations for her family, or undergo horrific 'treatments' that more than likely added 6 months of poor quality life and massive medical bills.

    NOW a woman can expect a bit of discomfort but to continue her life. It doesn't break the family bank.

    The two diseases are in vastly different phases of treatment. I know this because I know two breast cancer survivors, one of which I never saw sick and didn't know until her 6 months cancer free check-up.

    THAT progress didn't come cheap and didn't happen this week... it started decades ago and now we reap the benefits.

    You need better examples...

  5. #115
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    is
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    If you want to debate my motive take it to the basement. This thread is about should we be spending limited resources on a disease that is extremely preventable instead of diseases that are not in any way shape or form your fault. I concentrate on childhood Leukemia because children are such innocents. You imply that I hate gays because I think AIDS gets a disproportionate amount of limited resources thus I hate gays. I could turn this around and say why do you deny limited funds from reaching innocent sick children? Why do you hate children? See how stupid that is? You want to make this thread about me instead of the subject, like I said go down to your basement world and give me hell but up here discuss the issue at hand. Now have a good evening, I am off to cozy up on the couch with my wife and watch a movie. Get on with your life assuming you have one.

    NO, that is NOT the reasoning you gave. You never MENTION proportion of spending in your OP. Not one word of it, no hint of it. You wrote, specifically, that people with HIV/AIDS deserve to have the disease because they 1.) are promiscuous, 2.) gay or 3.) drug abusers - and that a vaccine should not be found to punish their "lifestyle" by getting the HIV/AIDS you say they deserve.

    YOU declared in your OP your motives were your reasons. Thus, this thread's primarly topic

    There is NOT ONE WORD of proportions of spending whatsoever in your OP. Zero, none, Nada. Discussing what you wrote in your OP of this thread you started is 100% relevant here. Those are the words YOU wrote as THE topic of this thread. Words you now try to pretend don't exist and claim QUOTING your OP MESSAGE is a personal attack. If so, it is your own words doing the attacking.

    In your OP you declared your motives were your reasons. Therefore, your motives ARE THE primary topic of this thread and THE most directly relevant topic.

  6. #116
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Instead of insulting me tell me exactly where I am wrong. The fact that you have to resort to personal insults means you can't tell me where I am wrong.
    You want others to suffer and die because it costs the state money. It's the height of selfish bastardry, and the fact that you can't see that speaks volumes.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  7. #117
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    True enough, Bush increased AIDS spending in Africa by billions, just one of the many things I did not like about him
    Those damn promiscuous and homosexual Africans?'

    You are aware it is generally considered fact that most contagious and communicable diseases originate from outside the 48 continental United States, aren't you? Most influenzas - one of the world's great killers historically - comes mostly from Chinese pig farmers because pigs can transmit such diseases to humans. And that AIDS came from elsewhere too.

    Maybe you should propose banning all International travel and machine gun nests at the borders.

  8. #118
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You want others to suffer and die because it costs the state money. It's the height of selfish bastardry, and the fact that you can't see that speaks volumes.
    Well put, but also he wants it as punishment for sinful lifestyles.

  9. #119
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-24-13 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,001

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Well put, but also he wants it as punishment for sinful lifestyles.

    So to be consistent he also supports "sin" taxes such as a higher tax on alcohol, right???

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    re: Should we spend taxpayer dollars on AIDS [W: 139]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Contageous diseases, transmittable diseases, are of vastly greater health concern than fatal illness.

    A person with cancer cannot deliberately or inadvertantly kill 1, 10, 1000, 10000000 other people. A person with a transmittable disease can. Can kill a billion people. And 10,000,000s of millions dying from such diseases historically dwarf death counts by war and genocidal civil conflicts.

    It is likely that of the enourmous numbers of deaths and loses by HIV/AIDS started with 1 person. Who has now killed millions. Certainly unknowingly.

    THAT is why HIV/AIDS is so critical to fine a vaccination or cure for.

    The OP's opinion is that those people all deserve to die = literally wants them to die to stop some of those people's "lifestyle." In his view, any person who does not only have sex with a virgin - tested by physical examination (female) or double blind polygraph tests (if male) - is more evil than a serial child rapist-murderer who if caught is only put to death summarily or imprisoned for life - while a 15 year old who has sex with another 15 year old then both should be put to death by slow, torturous death by disease. Why does he say so? "Because they deserve it!"

    So his solution to HIV/AIDS is that everyone in the world must stop having sex.
    And stop using illegal drugs. And stop involving in any sporting event involving possible blood. And all persons including nurses and doctors must stop using needles. ANYONE who doesn't, deserves to executed by slow, terrible deaths. And then, he believes, HIV/AIDS wouldn't be a problem.


    And, of course, then I suppose anyone that goes outside in the risky conduct of not wearing a HEPA rated breathing filter also deserves to die of influenza.

    I want to keep this on point of the OP's reasoning.
    You never heard of rubbers I guess.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •