View Poll Results: What social class do you fall under?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capitalist class/wealthy

    10 10.99%
  • Upper middle

    30 32.97%
  • Lower middle

    26 28.57%
  • Working class

    16 17.58%
  • Lower class

    9 9.89%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 181

Thread: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

  1. #61
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    My wife and I have three advanced degrees between the two of us and make enough money to fall in the upper middle class category. We both have car payments, just under 15 years to pay off our home mortgage, and student loans we are still paying. The issue of education cost was never an issue to me, as my two advanced degrees were more important. We both have jobs skills that allow us to change positions if we ever need or want to. We both work long hours and some weekends. We also live paycheck to paycheck because it takes everything we make to get by and we are not frivolous, but rather niggardly with our money, at least I am.

    I would like to retire in the next 10 years and that's one reason I voted for Romney. Have you noticed the NYSE since Obama was reelected? That's my retirement I've worked for 30 years to acquire dropping like a rock. Now I'm not so sure I'll be able to retire at all.

    Oh yes, my wife and I grew up lower middle class. My dad retired from the US Navy as a Chief Petty Officer and my mom was a stay at home mom. So I know what it's like to work for everything you get. I guess that's another reason I'm conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Upper middle class. I voted for Jill Stein.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    I would like to retire in the next 10 years and that's one reason I voted for Romney. Have you noticed the NYSE since Obama was reelected? That's my retirement I've worked for 30 years to acquire dropping like a rock. Now I'm not so sure I'll be able to retire at all.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #64
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,955

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    My job and collage would have me working class, but my pay would be mid range upper middle class. Libertarian

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    take it for what it's worth - but I would recommend buying against a new car unless you are otherwise debt free and can pay for it in cash. Even then, buying brand new is like taking 25K and investing it in a stock that you know is going to lose 2/3rds of it's value over the next three years. Unless you can afford that kind of loss.....
    I disagree, but there are a lot of variable to look at for the final determination. Cars and houses, unlike stock have a value outside of their monetary value. If you take good care of the vehicle, you can get a good 20 years out of it, whereas by buying used, depending on how old and how well maintained, you could spend more over the 20 years on cars and maintenance then the cost and maintenance of the new car. Likewise for the house, especially if you are planning on remaining in it. That's why I don't see why some people are worried about being upside down unless they were planning on moving in the near future. The question is what will the house be worth at the end of your use, not during the mortgage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Most Americans don't realize, that on the global scale, they're part of the top 5%.
    As I understand it our poor do better then EU's lower and middle class

    Quote Originally Posted by Kr1ll1n View Post
    People seriously need to stop with this idiotic notion that Education ALWAYS equates to increased Income.
    It's one of the main reasons education is so damned expensive.
    Education ALWAYS does equate to increased income. What a lot of people don't realize is that education may be a trade, and not some degree.

    Guess which education scenario would be cheaper?
    Average of 5 people in a given area pursuing higher education, 3 local colleges.
    Average of 500 people in a given area pursuing higher education, 3 local colleges.

    When demand outpaces supply, costs go up. This is econ 101, from the high school I dropped out of.
    Mass production or education can be cheaper. If the three local colleges are geared to teach 500 each, then the 500 average will be cheaper to educate than the 5. When demand gets too low, then it also become expensive to keep producing.

  5. #65
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I do because I enjoy it. Same reason I reglazed all of the windows on the front of my house and am now prepping to repaint. I don't have to do it but I want it done right so I do it myself.
    I also am in the Upper bracket and not only re did all of the plumbing on my home but also the Electrical, ceilings, walls, floors, etc. I did it to save a ton of money, and I like doing my own work. I feel like I will be in better shape if I ever need work done and can't afford it.

  6. #66
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    I consider myself in the lower middle class bracket.........as an educator my income is at the upper limit of it. I do have a graduate degree, however, so I'm not certain where I fit exactly.

    On the political end of it.........I am a fiscal conservative who is probably more in line with the Blue Dog Democrats on most social/environmental/foreign policy issues. As far as the election.....being quite disgusted with the choices.......I chose to write in a candidate......Chuck Norris to be exact.

    No, I didn't waste a vote.......no one's popular vote actually counted in my state anyway.
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 11-19-12 at 12:19 AM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  7. #67
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    I am in lower middle class, however, I do not have a college degree (I don't think my sound engineer license is equivalent to a degree).
    I voted for Obama. Now I am with the green party.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    First, refer to this image:

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...5/Class_US.svg

    I am democrat, voted for Obama, I fall under lower middle class smack dab in the middle of it making my situation better than roughly 54% of Americans.
    The existence of a "Working Class" implies the other classes don't work, which is false.
    Also, a "Capitalist Class" implies only the most rich are Capitalists, which is also false. Capitalism is a way of commerce, not a net-worth. You can be in lower class and a Capitalist at the same time.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-19-12 at 12:38 AM.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Most Americans don't realize, that on the global scale, they're part of the top 5%.
    Not to sound conspiratorial, but it is my firm belief that one day we will have a global government. IMO this will look less like an overbearing empier and more like a solid trade organisation.

    I hope I live to see that day, because when America is placed in context to the rest of the world and global taxes are decided, I want to watch the liberals squirm as the world hates the lowest American for being in the upper-elite of the world. I can't wait for their own standard to be applied to them and their assets taxed into ruin.

  10. #70
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    We are upper middle class. We have associates degrees. Both of us voted for Obammer/Joe in '08 and '12.

    We're Democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •