View Poll Results: What social class do you fall under?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Capitalist class/wealthy

    10 10.99%
  • Upper middle

    30 32.97%
  • Lower middle

    26 28.57%
  • Working class

    16 17.58%
  • Lower class

    9 9.89%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 181

Thread: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I can't wait to see them take away your military pension.
    I'm gona rat out my buddies here because I think this is bull****. A perfect example of government waste.

    Ok, so, over-seas we get separation pay. No problem. I think that's good. Also, most FOBs and COPs have a USO or an MWR with free internet and phones. I'm good with that. I think tax-payers helping to pay for those things is good and justified as it greatly helps servicemen stay connected and thus focus on our job. In addition to these services, many private companies have sprout up to offer servicemen better internet access than the USO offers; and we can have it in our own room, no need to take a number and wait in line at the USO for a 30-minute call. This service costs a premium, topping at about $60-$90 per-week, depending on the package the servicemen selects. Sounds great, right? The servicemen pays for it.

    Here's the bull****: When the servicemen de-mobs, that servicemen will fill out a travel voucher. The voucher reimburses the servicemen for various valid travel costs such as living in base without a PX. But the servicemen can also claim the entire amount he paid for the optional premium internet service he didn't need because there was a USO or MWR nearby. At $90 per-week X 47 weeks in-country = $4,230 per-service-member X 1,414,000 service members over seas link = $5,981,220,000...JUST FOR INTERNET!!! THAT WE DIDN'T NEED!!

    Let us spend his money on it if we want, but do not reimburse it if we were on a base that had a USO or MWR. I spent my money on a lot of High Speed Internet For Soldiers In US Bases In Afghanistan & Iraq , and no I did nt ask for any of it to be reimbursed because I'm not a hypocrite.

    We can cut $6Billion off the defense budget right now just by not reimbursing this purely optional service.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-19-12 at 09:13 PM.

  2. #92
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racer View Post
    I wish I had your love of old homes. It seems as if every time I start a project it turns into a bigger one. Anyway good for you! My house was built in 1910 and has been a nightmare.
    My sister used to own a home made around the turn of the 20th century that never got completely renovated. Every time I walked out of it I was glad it wan't mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  3. #93
    Advisor Jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southwest Tennessee
    Last Seen
    04-17-14 @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    343

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    For just my own income, Lower Middle Class
    For my Wife's and mine jointly, Upper Middle Class

    Neither have more than a High School Diploma

    Both voted AGAINST Obama
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

    Abraham Lincoln

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    11-23-12 @ 03:08 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    477

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Education ALWAYS does equate to increased income. What a lot of people don't realize is that education may be a trade, and not some degree.
    The College-Graduate Glut: Evidence From Labor Markets - Innovations - The Chronicle of Higher Education
    The large differential between the earnings of high-school and college graduates is often cited as proof that college has a high payoff. Elsewhere I have argued that this is not an entirely useful comparison, since the behavioral traits of high-school graduates are markedly different than those who complete college. Moreover, those differentials have actually narrowed some in recent years. Compare 2008 and 2010, looking at the average earnings of those working full-time, year-round. For males with a high-school education, earnings rose 1.87 percent, while for those with bachelor’s degrees, they fell 4.17 percent (for those with master’s degrees, earnings were essentially unchanged). Those with a less than 9th-grade education fared better in terms of earnings change than those with degrees, whether associate, bachelor’s, or master’s. In inflation-adjusted terms, the earnings of those with bachelor’s degrees on average fell well over five percent (and over $3,500 in absolute dollars) at a time when college costs were rising at least as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Mass production or education can be cheaper. If the three local colleges are geared to teach 500 each, then the 500 average will be cheaper to educate than the 5. When demand gets too low, then it also become expensive to keep producing.
    500 was an arbitrary number. When you are telling an entire generation that college is a requirement for gainful employment (in some cases, it is, such as fields like legal and medical), than you have an overwhelming issue of greater demand than supply. While it is true that a greater amount of students, per college, should decrease the OPEX\CAPEX costs of the given university, this is not what is actually occurring.

    Tuition and Fee and Room and Board Charges over Time, 1972-73 through 2012-13, Selected Years | Trends in Higher Education | Trends in Higher Education
    Average published tuition and fees at public four-year colleges and universities increased by 31% beyond the rate of inflation over the five years from 2002-03 to 2007-08, and by another 27% between 2007-08 and 2012-13.
    Long story short, our leadership in this country seriously needs to embrace tariffs on the export of jobs. A society of college graduates does not make a healthy economy. A society that can provide jobs in all workforce tiers (blue collar, white collar, executive) though, can have a lasting and sustainable economy.

  5. #95
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    What an absolute lying set of poll questions.

    The "wealthy" are NOT the "capitalist" class.

    The president, members of Congress, union presidents, officers of the Red Cross and other charities, many church leaders, political consultants, all media talking heads, and even some union pensioners are "wealthy/rich."

    The wording of the poll is just more Democrat "I HATE FREE ENTERPRISE" crap.

    Or take our household... we reach into the top 1%, which is upper middle class actually - and none of us own a business. In fact, 100% of our income comes from the government. And compared to most people its a lot.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    On my salary alone, lower middle class. Joint the salaries would put us at he top end of upper middle class.

    Either way, we Both voted democrat.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #97
    Professor
    Dirt Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    02-19-16 @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,747

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    My sister used to own a home made around the turn of the 20th century that never got completely renovated. Every time I walked out of it I was glad it wan't mine.
    Amen. Many a day I walked out of that house hoping it would burn to the ground. It really is nice now but it took for freakin ever.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm gona rat out my buddies here because I think this is bull****. A perfect example of government waste.

    Ok, so, over-seas we get separation pay. No problem. I think that's good. Also, most FOBs and COPs have a USO or an MWR with free internet and phones. I'm good with that. I think tax-payers helping to pay for those things is good and justified as it greatly helps servicemen stay connected and thus focus on our job. In addition to these services, many private companies have sprout up to offer servicemen better internet access than the USO offers; and we can have it in our own room, no need to take a number and wait in line at the USO for a 30-minute call. This service costs a premium, topping at about $60-$90 per-week, depending on the package the servicemen selects. Sounds great, right? The servicemen pays for it.

    Here's the bull****: When the servicemen de-mobs, that servicemen will fill out a travel voucher. The voucher reimburses the servicemen for various valid travel costs such as living in base without a PX. But the servicemen can also claim the entire amount he paid for the optional premium internet service he didn't need because there was a USO or MWR nearby. At $90 per-week X 47 weeks in-country = $4,230 per-service-member X 1,414,000 service members over seas link = $5,981,220,000...JUST FOR INTERNET!!! THAT WE DIDN'T NEED!!

    Let us spend his money on it if we want, but do not reimburse it if we were on a base that had a USO or MWR. I spent my money on a lot of High Speed Internet For Soldiers In US Bases In Afghanistan & Iraq , and no I did nt ask for any of it to be reimbursed because I'm not a hypocrite.

    We can cut $6Billion off the defense budget right now just by not reimbursing this purely optional service.
    I think the black helicopters will be flying over your house shortly.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    For just my own income, Lower Middle Class
    For my Wife's and mine jointly, Upper Middle Class

    Neither have more than a High School Diploma

    Both voted AGAINST Obama
    Romney was good at convincing people without a pot to piss in that it is a good idea to give tax breaks to the rich, now that's leadership. [borrowed from lewis black]

  10. #100
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: What class do you fall under and what is your political affiliation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Romney was good at convincing people without a pot to piss in that it is a good idea to give tax breaks to the rich, now that's leadership. [borrowed from lewis black]
    did you ever consider that some people who are poor actually might want to escape that condition rather than buying into the dem lie that they cannot escape their fate and must live off the government the rest of their lives

    the GOP has no interest in keeping people poor and dependent and voting DEM. the DEMS do

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •