View Poll Results: Will there ever be a global government on Earth?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is ultimately inevitable

    20 23.26%
  • Likely so

    19 22.09%
  • About a 50-50 chance

    3 3.49%
  • Probably not

    27 31.40%
  • Never, it is impossible

    17 19.77%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 97

Thread: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

  1. #61
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Why would you ever desire such a thing?

    It's insane.
    Who said I desire it? A global confederation seems like the most likely of outcomes.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Who said I desire it? A global confederation seems like the most likely of outcomes.
    It is not the most likely of outcomes... it is just a nightmare.

    We do not need a single government to have cooperation. We do however need a single government if we want slavery.

  3. #63
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    It is not the most likely of outcomes... it is just a nightmare.
    We've been building towards it since at least 1919. A global confederation will happen one day.

    We do not need a single government to have cooperation. We do however need a single government if we want slavery.
    I'm going to assume that you don't know what a confederation is.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    We do however need a single government if we want slavery.
    Well, that is demonstrably false.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    Well, that is demonstrably false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    We've been building towards it since at least 1919. A global confederation will happen one day.


    I'm going to assume that you don't know what a confederation is.

    You mean the League of Nations? And then the UN and all that? That isn't a global government.

    And the EU is something like a confederation... only a top-down form of confederation.

    Switzerland is, as far as I am aware, the only federation that can be called a confederation in its purest form. I like it, but it works for Switzerland, not the world.

    However, a global government is one of genocidal notions, up there with one culture, one people, one everything. It brings over the stench of monopolism and communism.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You mean the League of Nations? And then the UN and all that? That isn't a global government.

    And the EU is something like a confederation... only a top-down form of confederation.

    Switzerland is, as far as I am aware, the only federation that can be called a confederation in its purest form. I like it, but it works for Switzerland, not the world.

    However, a global government is one of genocidal notions, up there with one culture, one people, one everything. It brings over the stench of monopolism and communism.
    You said we need a single government if we want slavery. Throughout recorded history the world has NEVER had a single government and has ALWAYS had slavery. Thus, your claim is false.

  7. #67
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    One sixth of the worlds population live under one government, so why not one day?
    99% of the population is one race, where there are thousands of races on Earth. And even with 99% of the population being Han Chinese, the Chinese government is still racked with protests and clashes from the other 1% constantly
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    I find anybody who believes in a one world goverernment to be naive. Not only is it morally, politically, economically, socially objectable, given the tendencies of humanity during the past millenias, I find it very hardly. Perhaps after a millenia or two, but now? Not so.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    12-11-12 @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    99% of the population is one race, where there are thousands of races on Earth. And even with 99% of the population being Han Chinese, the Chinese government is still racked with protests and clashes from the other 1% constantly
    Actually they are far more ethnically diverse than that, but regardless its still one government controlling about 1/6th of the worlds population.

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Will There Ever Be a Global Government on Earth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Austin View Post
    Actually they are far more ethnically diverse than that, but regardless its still one government controlling about 1/6th of the worlds population.
    So you want such a repressive and dictatorial government?
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •