View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Die

    8 36.36%
  • Go to Jail

    14 63.64%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    how they went about it is quite pertinent
    the nuge was eligible to be drafted and serve but for his filthy ruse
    but show us where clinton and biden used deceit to receive their lawful exemptions and i will find your position credible
    until then, it appears you are defending terrible ted's actions
    Bill Clinton did it sneakily and would, of course, NEVER admit to it, but what do you expect from a smarmy politician. He used EVERY connection he had to avoid going to Vietnam. At least Ted had the testicular fortitude to admit to what he did.

    snopes.com: Bill Clinton Draft Dodger?

    Special attention to the third from last paragraph.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    I'll bet I could find a whole MESS of politicians who draft dodged. Just because they used "connections" and other methods to avoid the war is IRRELEVANT.

    Besides, I think it's WAY more sickening that these rich politicians who are heavily connected were able to avoid the draft by using those connections. It just tells me how effed up our political system really is. I am MUCH more angry at a politician draft dodger who is a hypocritical, lying pompous ass than I am at Ted Nugent for dodging draft.

  3. #33
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,309

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'll bet I could find a whole MESS of politicians who draft dodged. Just because they used "connections" and other methods to avoid the war is IRRELEVANT.

    Besides, I think it's WAY more sickening that these rich politicians who are heavily connected were able to avoid the draft by using those connections. It just tells me how effed up our political system really is. I am MUCH more angry at a politician draft dodger who is a hypocritical, lying pompous ass than I am at Ted Nugent for dodging draft.

    You've got to stop talkin' 'bout GWShiiteForBrains like that. Hypocritical, lying ass is almost a requirement for politics. I really enjoyed reading Nugent's draft dodging tale and admire his ingenuity to avoid admitting he is a cowardly piece of unpatriotic sewer scum.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well he made the proclamation.

    Which one do you think will come to pass?
    Likely nothing. The same thing that happened to all those liberals stating that they'd move to Canada if Bush was re-elected. Didn't happen either.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #35
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'll bet I could find a whole MESS of politicians who draft dodged. Just because they used "connections" and other methods to avoid the war is IRRELEVANT.

    Besides, I think it's WAY more sickening that these rich politicians who are heavily connected were able to avoid the draft by using those connections. It just tells me how effed up our political system really is. I am MUCH more angry at a politician draft dodger who is a hypocritical, lying pompous ass than I am at Ted Nugent for dodging draft.
    Then you probably are digusted at Romney who conveinently went on a Mormon mission. Same thing.

    The only thing that separates them from Nugent is that Nugent is running around with all bravado acting like Rambo when he is the farthest thing from being a Rambo.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'll bet I could find a whole MESS of politicians who draft dodged. Just because they used "connections" and other methods to avoid the war is IRRELEVANT.

    Besides, I think it's WAY more sickening that these rich politicians who are heavily connected were able to avoid the draft by using those connections. It just tells me how effed up our political system really is. I am MUCH more angry at a politician draft dodger who is a hypocritical, lying pompous ass than I am at Ted Nugent for dodging draft.
    i'll give you some heads up, there are more than few people on this forum( all liberal democrats, oddly enough) who absolutely hate Ted.... not dislike, not peeved... hate.

    the draft dodging angle is an odd one... folks will tear into a person who dodged the draft... but only if that person doesn't hold the same political lean as they do.
    when asked, the vast majority of people will voice opposition to the draft... and still tear into folks of different politics for dodging it.

    I did my time in Nam.. (enlisted, not drafted).. i'm not offended or disgusted at any man who dodged the draft.
    there was a time when i had a problem with it.. but i was young and didn't really think about what the draft really was (it's a form of slavery), and it was me basically being selfish.

    when i'm faced with someone who starts yammering on about draft dodging, I always feel like asking " why do you support slavery?" to the moron doing the yammering.


    Ted dodged, Slick willie dodged, lots of dudes dodged ( every single woman "dodged").. and ya know what?.... good for them.. there is no moral imperative or patriotic duty to allow yourself to be forced to fight.

    a country that will force you to fight is not a country worth fighting for.

  7. #37
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    How about just let him be a private citizen and exercise his rights of free speech?

    Too much?
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    i'll give you some heads up, there are more than few people on this forum( all liberal democrats, oddly enough) who absolutely hate Ted.... not dislike, not peeved... hate.

    the draft dodging angle is an odd one... folks will tear into a person who dodged the draft... but only if that person doesn't hold the same political lean as they do.
    when asked, the vast majority of people will voice opposition to the draft... and still tear into folks of different politics for dodging it.

    I did my time in Nam.. (enlisted, not drafted).. i'm not offended or disgusted at any man who dodged the draft.
    there was a time when i had a problem with it.. but i was young and didn't really think about what the draft really was (it's a form of slavery), and it was me basically being selfish.

    when i'm faced with someone who starts yammering on about draft dodging, I always feel like asking " why do you support slavery?" to the moron doing the yammering.


    Ted dodged, Slick willie dodged, lots of dudes dodged ( every single woman "dodged").. and ya know what?.... good for them.. there is no moral imperative or patriotic duty to allow yourself to be forced to fight.

    a country that will force you to fight is not a country worth fighting for.
    Well, it's certainly strange that people are all up in arms about private citizen, Ted Nugent, draft dodging, but not about politicians who are MUCH more sneaky and underhanded about it and could have perhaps even broken some other laws in the process? Good Lord, that's messed up.

  9. #39
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    How about just let him be a private citizen and exercise his rights of free speech?

    Too much?
    damn, i did not hear that news

    who took his right of free speech away and how did they do it?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #40
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: Will Ted Nugent Die or Go to Jail?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, it's certainly strange that people are all up in arms about private citizen, Ted Nugent, draft dodging, but not about politicians who are MUCH more sneaky and underhanded about it and could have perhaps even broken some other laws in the process? Good Lord, that's messed up.

    this thread is discussing nugent's comment
    when we are discussing the comments of others, especially when they are presented in chickenhawk fashion like ted's, it would absolutely be open season to examine their own service - or their efforts to avoid it
    i doubt we will find a more extreme example than that concocted by 'patriot' nugent
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •