View Poll Results: How did the Government Handle Superstorm Sandy?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Well

    4 26.67%
  • Good, but certainly could have been better

    4 26.67%
  • Bad, but certainly could have done worse

    3 20.00%
  • Awful

    3 20.00%
  • Other

    1 6.67%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Government Response to Sandy

  1. #1
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Government Response to Sandy

    I believe the question is fairly self explanatory, how do you think the government has handled Superstorm Sandy in the sense of rebuilding, getting essential shelter, food, medicine, and power back to people, and the total handling of the storm in general? Obviously President Obama's visit to the area helped him "play President" before the election and many people (including myself) believe that that played a role in his reelection, but that does not mean that the government response has been good. You can tour damage to an area easily, but actually taking steps to improve it is a totally different story. How do you think the Government has handled it?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    100,000x better than katrina.
    i dont remember seeing reports of people raping/eating eachother in a football stadium after sandy.

  3. #3
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Quote Originally Posted by roflpublican View Post
    100,000x better than katrina.
    i dont remember seeing reports of people raping/eating eachother in a football stadium after sandy.
    I would tend to attribute that more to the individual people, and not to the government response.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I would tend to attribute that more to the individual people, and not to the government response.
    ~i attribute it to relief arriving within hours, instead of weeks.

  5. #5
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    It was all in all pretty good. Could of been better a lot of people in the pooer communities still without electricity, running water, food, and basic resources.


  6. #6
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I believe the question is fairly self explanatory, how do you think the government has handled Superstorm Sandy in the sense of rebuilding, getting essential shelter, food, medicine, and power back to people, and the total handling of the storm in general? Obviously President Obama's visit to the area helped him "play President" before the election and many people (including myself) believe that that played a role in his reelection, but that does not mean that the government response has been good. You can tour damage to an area easily, but actually taking steps to improve it is a totally different story. How do you think the Government has handled it?
    If Obama did not attend the stricken state your argument would have been 'how he failed as a leader and president'. These type of threads are so transparent.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  7. #7
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    If Obama did not attend the stricken state your argument would have been 'how he failed as a leader and president'. These type of threads are so transparent.

    Paul
    I never said anything except it played into his re-election.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  8. #8
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Was pretty good but didn't give out any Obama phones
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  9. #9
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Isn't great how all the people without power, heat, housing all agree with the President to sacrifice to protect the unions from non-union volunteers and National Guardsmen/women? NOTHING is more important than protecting the unions. That people are eagerly willing to freeze or even die for the union cause is impressive.

  10. #10
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Government Response to Sandy

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Isn't great how all the people without power, heat, housing all agree with the President to sacrifice to protect the unions from non-union volunteers and National Guardsmen/women? NOTHING is more important than protecting the unions. That people are eagerly willing to freeze or even die for the union cause is impressive.
    I don't know about where you live but in general electricity is ran by private businesses regardless of state. Are you suggesting that the government take control of power companies?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •