View Poll Results: What age?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11 - 12

    6 12.77%
  • 13 - 14

    10 21.28%
  • 15 - 16

    6 12.77%
  • 17 - 18

    1 2.13%
  • Other

    3 6.38%
  • Oh, hell no!

    21 44.68%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 204

Thread: Kids n' Kondoms

  1. #41
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Link?


    ............
    Condoms Are Not 'One Size Fits All

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0914191108.htm

  2. #42
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Condoms Are Not 'One Size Fits All'
    That is already understood. Also, that's not a link. I'd like to know where your getting your complaints against condoms.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    11-23-12 @ 03:08 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    477

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Let's teach them about oral sex and anal sex as alternative to avoid an unwanted pregnancy as well.


    Just trying to reduce future costs folks.
    Boys have no problems knowing where to find a free hole to stick what they got. Girls, OTOH, seem to be lacking a proper knowledge of biology, with many claiming all sorts of old wives tales as proper methods of preventing a pregnancy.

  4. #44
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    I started a thread on the sexuality forum below on how horrifically false the premise is that one-size-condom-fits all. The failure rate of wrong sized condoms is VERY high and a generic condom will NOT fit correctly over 50% of the time.

    Most condom failure is due to it being the wrong size condom, not misuse.
    Using the wrong size *is* misuse.

    So unless the school nurse is going to measure the erect penis of every boy and recording it,
    Or...
    The school nurse could just give them whichever size they wanted, just like they do at CVS.

    handing out condoms is CERTAIN to cause both unwanted pregnancies and being infected with STDs - using the WRONG condom given out by the school for false safe-sex.
    Is there one dude anywhere on earth who is going to decide to wait longer for sex because he can't figure out which size condom he needs?

    There are three possibilities: 1) They'll try them on and figure out which size works best for them, 2) They'll make their best guess, and possibly be slightly less protected than with perfect use, or 3) They'll not use a condom at all and be completely unprotected. Options #1 and #2 are a hell of a lot better than #3.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #45
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    From the CDC.

    Consistent and correct use of male latex condoms can reduce (though not eliminate) the risk of STD transmission. To achieve the maximum protective effect, condoms must be used both consistently and correctly. Inconsistent use can lead to STD acquisition because transmission can occur with a single act of intercourse with an infected partner.
    CDC - Condom Effectiveness - Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases

    Solution? Good education on the proper use of condoms.

  6. #46
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Using the wrong size *is* misuse.



    Or...
    The school nurse could just give them whichever size they wanted, just like they do at CVS.
    That is not what the schools are doing or teaching.

  7. #47
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    flu shots public schools - Google Search

    Perhaps because such efforts could work towards keeping children in school, rather than being relegated to the role of a parental figure in their prime learning and developmental years. Also less pregnancies reduce the burden and costs imposed on the health care system, much like the rationale for distributing the aforementioned flu shots free of charge.

    Scientifically correct, sure, but pragmatism should enter the picture as well. Most of us recognize that kids who have willing sexual partners will have sex if possible and often so. Expecting otherwise and teaching accordingly is a recipe for disaster, evidenced by the abysmal failure abstinence only education has rendered thus far.
    While you may find some schools that will distribute flu shots, that is not the status quo in the education system. More times than not, it is not offered.
    I never said they shouldn't teach about condoms. I said they shouldn't distribute them. However, I also don't believe that condoms and the like should be the focus of the curriculum. I believe that abstinence should be the focus of the curriculum. The reason so many conservatives are against this is because it always leads into teachers overstepping bounds. Teachers should teach facts, stats, etc. When demonstrations start occurring, young minds race. When young minds race, you get idiotic teachers saying idiotic things.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  8. #48
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That is not what the schools are doing or teaching.
    Then you should take it up with your school board and/or elect some new people to it. If that doesn't work, perhaps your local media can light a fire under their ass.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #49
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Condoms Are Not 'One Size Fits All

    Condoms Are Not 'One Size Fits All'
    Nothing in this article counters the argument that the correct use and education of condoms use is necessary in order for them to be effective. Neither is there anything in your link to substantiate your argument that claims of condom effectiveness are "completely safe."

    Are you advocating that condoms of different sizes are handed out in schools as well? Because I could get behind that if that's your concern.

  10. #50
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    From the CDC.



    CDC - Condom Effectiveness - Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases

    Solution? Good education on the proper use of condoms.
    That article makes NO mention of condom size. The horrifically wrong myth is that put on any condom and you're safe (or if the guy has one on the girl thinks she's safe.)

    That is false.

    Condoms offer excellent protection against STDs / pregnancy. I was highly promiscuous prior to my married life with highly promiscuous and therefore high risk women. I had an absolute condom use rule. Never an exception (but then when married). Never a failure. BUT I absolutely used ONLY my condoms I selected and I kept total storage control of, and then followed the use them correctly rules too.

    Acting up and presenting generic condoms as safe is a LIE. A huge lie. For schools to act towards parent's child with a "something is better than nothing" model is literally playing Russian roulette with the children as known, statistical HIGH risks to do something generically correct and factually wrong and stupid.

    The schools do NOT do it correctly, so as done it is are horribly bad practice - even setting aside whether this is a job for schools.

    Underaged sex is illegal. Lots of kids do. So is using drugs. Lots of kids do that too. Adulterated and badly made drugs kills kids. Under the "safety" theory, schools should give kids illegal drugs so kids that use illegal drugs are not using tainted or unpredictable quality and strength drugs. Same theory of protecting the kids - OTHER than with condoms they don't even bother to find out if they will do the particular kid any good at all.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •