View Poll Results: What age?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11 - 12

    6 12.77%
  • 13 - 14

    10 21.28%
  • 15 - 16

    6 12.77%
  • 17 - 18

    1 2.13%
  • Other

    3 6.38%
  • Oh, hell no!

    21 44.68%
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 204

Thread: Kids n' Kondoms

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    And I believe actually are required by law in most states to do so, though schools like to exempt themselves if they can get away with it. A 14 year old having sex is a crime. It is criminal deliquency - minimally - by that teen and felony sexual assault by the other, depending on age. If not, then it is criminal deliquency by the other.
    If the children are close in age, I don't think any criminal charges should be brought. They could be just experimenting and one thing led to another, and if they are both children, I don't see the point in ruining their reputations or their lives by bringing them up on charges. But you never know who these young children are having sex with. They could easily be victims of molestation. As a matter of fact, the children who are sexually active at that young of an age probably have been sexually assaulted.

    Sexual promiscuity at a young age is a symptom of sexual assault.

  2. #172
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If the children are close in age, I don't think any criminal charges should be brought. They could be just experimenting and one thing led to another, and if they are both children, I don't see the point in ruining their reputations or their lives by bringing them up on charges. But you never know who these young children are having sex with. They could easily be victims of molestation. As a matter of fact, the children who are sexually active at that young of an age probably have been sexually assaulted.

    Sexual promiscuity at a young age is a symptom of sexual assault.
    This is a VERY interesting observation. This is possible. In every class there are a few girls who push for it in elementary schools, and they must have gotten the idea somewhere.

  3. #173
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    And I believe actually are required by law in most states to do so, though schools like to exempt themselves if they can get away with it. A 14 year old having sex is a crime. It is criminal deliquency - minimally - by that teen and felony sexual assault by the other, depending on age. If not, then it is criminal deliquency by the other.
    This is evil. Why don't we then just close down every school and replace them with prisons, as soon as a girl in class wants to play with us? HAHAHA

  4. #174
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Perhaps, but if a school was EVER to become aware of such activities by such young children, the parents should be informed immediately. THAT is the responsible thing to do IMO. Not to simply hand out a condom and send them along their way.
    Great, so there is one more extra authority that itches for a reason to come down on us. I would vote "no" on this one. Surprising this may be to adults, but let me inform everyone, that it is not exclusively about how to hurt each other, that kids think about.

  5. #175
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    15-16 in my opinion. Only makes sense to me.


  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    B) We want our schools to teach curriculum that is scientifically sound, correct? Abstinence is proven to be the most effective way to prevent STD's and unwanted pregnancy. We don't teach kids in drivers ed how to drive and text in order to avoid a wreck do we? No. We teach them not to drive and text to begin with.
    Poor analogy.

    Not driving a car is proven to be the most effective way to prevent getting into a car accident. However, we teach our kids how to drive cars and teach them how to go about it as safely as possible.

    Frankly, the entire "abstinence only" vs "safe sex" education debate infuriates me as it's another wonderful example of where two sides latch onto their points and won't budge off the extreme because of ideological reasons.

    Sex Ed first and foremost absolutely should be encouraging kids not to engage in sex and to try and practice abstinence, especially at younger ages. The emotional and physical impacts as potential consequences for sex, safe or not, are sizable and it's something we should not be giving kids a tacit, if not outright, approval to engage in. That said, we also need to be somewhat realistic to the reality that faces us and the notion that yes, kids will begin to experiment with sexual activity and that yes, there will be kids that will do it because you're telling them NOT to. We also need to understand that while this likely isn't the proper role for the schools, until such point that we can fix some of the laws there is a public interest in not having kids everywhere boning with no knowledge of how to do it safe because we have hordes of ****ty parents out there.

    We need to stress abstinence as the best choice, stress the potential dangers and responsibilities of sexual intercourse at a young age in a REALISTIC and honest manner, while at the same time educating our children on the proper way to mitigate...but not REMOVE...some of those dangers if/when they decide to begin to act in such a manner. Not "Safe" sex but "protected" sex.

    It's not about going "ABSTINENCE ABSTINENCE ABSTINENCE" and it's not about going "You're going to **** anyways, so i'll just tell you how to do it 'safe'."

    As far as condoms in school. I don't have a strong issue allowing the school nurse to have some in their supply that a kid can go request. I don't think they should be "handed out" as if they're candy, or just placed for kids to come and get them...YES, we need to impart that having sex some tacitly approved/encouraged activity...but at the same time I see more help than harm in having them available for kids who come asking for them. In part because those are the kids I think who are more likely to use them IF such a time comes.

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    See - I'm looking at all this as a parent: If my kids come home with condoms they're grounded . . . and the school's going to get their ass reamed for encouraging my children to have sex. Sex is a serious and irresponsible activity that should not be engaged in while they're teens. It is my job as a parent to try to get them to understand WHY.

    Everyone can put a lid on the 'but they'll do it anyway' crap - I'm attempting to raise my children to be BETTER than their impulses and desires and put their Futures before everything else. You know - saying no to peer pressure and no to drugs. I mean sure - some kids will do drugs anyway but I'd prefer my kids not be given a doobie with the belief that they were going to be one of those few anyway. Same thing. I will not just ASSUME my kids will be the ones to do the stupid **** that they shouldn't do. That's just beign a failure as a parent if you have that thought in your head about your kids all the time.

    I'm not raising them to just think it's ok to run around and **** just because they want to . . . the whole 'they'll do it anyway' is true for SOME but when people start making serious decisions BASED on that as if it's a fact applied to all then that's SERIOUSLY ****ed up.

    I think it's a sad fact that people just expect the lowest behavior and are willing to just excuse it or brush it off like it's not important or an issue at all. . . just 'whatever' . . . ridiculous.
    I disagree, I don't think it's a bad thing to lose your virginity in high school, it's when most of us do, and kids should be educated, and given the proper resources to protect themselves, instead of left in the dark, and with nothing to protect themselves from the potential consequences of sex. It's not a "low behavior" to have sex.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #178
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Poor analogy.

    Not driving a car is proven to be the most effective way to prevent getting into a car accident. However, we teach our kids how to drive cars and teach them how to go about it as safely as possible.

    Frankly, the entire "abstinence only" vs "safe sex" education debate infuriates me as it's another wonderful example of where two sides latch onto their points and won't budge off the extreme because of ideological reasons.

    Sex Ed first and foremost absolutely should be encouraging kids not to engage in sex and to try and practice abstinence, especially at younger ages. The emotional and physical impacts as potential consequences for sex, safe or not, are sizable and it's something we should not be giving kids a tacit, if not outright, approval to engage in. That said, we also need to be somewhat realistic to the reality that faces us and the notion that yes, kids will begin to experiment with sexual activity and that yes, there will be kids that will do it because you're telling them NOT to. We also need to understand that while this likely isn't the proper role for the schools, until such point that we can fix some of the laws there is a public interest in not having kids everywhere boning with no knowledge of how to do it safe because we have hordes of ****ty parents out there.

    We need to stress abstinence as the best choice, stress the potential dangers and responsibilities of sexual intercourse at a young age in a REALISTIC and honest manner, while at the same time educating our children on the proper way to mitigate...but not REMOVE...some of those dangers if/when they decide to begin to act in such a manner. Not "Safe" sex but "protected" sex.

    It's not about going "ABSTINENCE ABSTINENCE ABSTINENCE" and it's not about going "You're going to **** anyways, so i'll just tell you how to do it 'safe'."

    As far as condoms in school. I don't have a strong issue allowing the school nurse to have some in their supply that a kid can go request. I don't think they should be "handed out" as if they're candy, or just placed for kids to come and get them...YES, we need to impart that having sex some tacitly approved/encouraged activity...but at the same time I see more help than harm in having them available for kids who come asking for them. In part because those are the kids I think who are more likely to use them IF such a time comes.
    Agree with most of that.

    Do you think the nurse's station should keep a school record of who gets them? Of is this a school black market thing?

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree, I don't think it's a bad thing to lose your virginity in high school, it's when most of us do, and kids should be educated, and given the proper resources to protect themselves, instead of left in the dark, and with nothing to protect themselves from the potential consequences of sex. It's not a "low behavior" to have sex.
    It's clear that you advocate teen sex, and it sounds like lots of it, but do you think it's right to force tax payers to subsidize their sexual behavior? Why can't you as a parent keep your kids supplied with Trojans, instead? Also, what's your stance on pornography for teens? Do/would you green light that as well?

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    It's clear that you advocate teen sex, and it sounds like lots of it, but do you think it's right to force tax payers to subsidize their sexual behavior? Why can't you as a parent keep your kids supplied with Trojans, instead? Also, what's your stance on pornography for teens? Do/would you green light that as well?
    that's code for 'let em flup like bunnies, darn the children, i don't want to pay 25 cents to prevent paying a lifetime of a teen mother's welfare with my taxes anyway'.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •