View Poll Results: What age?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • 11 - 12

    6 12.77%
  • 13 - 14

    10 21.28%
  • 15 - 16

    6 12.77%
  • 17 - 18

    1 2.13%
  • Other

    3 6.38%
  • Oh, hell no!

    21 44.68%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 204

Thread: Kids n' Kondoms

  1. #151
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    At what age should our children be before the school system may issue government subsidized condoms to them?
    i dont think schools should be issuing condoms at all,just like i dont believe schools should teach sex ed/

    if condoms are issued it should be from a pharmacy(ive gotten boxes of condoms free from planned parenthood,and each one had a smiley face stapled dead center into the condom,how effective is a condom with 2 holes through it????)since pharmacies holdmuch higher standards than schools and other facilities.

    on sex ed,schools shouldnt teach it,or never should have the need to,this is a result of lazy parenting.ever heard those talk to your kid before someoneelse does commercials???it involves a dad talking about sex ed and the kid says he alsready knows,and the dad asks what he learned in sex ed,and the kid saysno i learned from doing.


    since sex ed teaches how it works but taches nothing from experience,whereas parents have seen from experience what happens and can fully explain the consequences,many through trial and error.this is why i think parents should be more involved.infact nearly every female ive seen with involved parents has been more involved in protection,wheras females whohad nearly no parental involvement tend to go for attention,and even believing getting pregnant means a way to hold attention and commitment to them.in short its a failure on parents to be involved and teach their kids right from wrong,and demanding the stae do the most basic aspects of parenting and demand the schools do what trained pharmasits should do.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #152
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Wake up people. Kids have sex. Stop pretending that guys and girls still think the other gender have koodies until they are married. It is the way the world is. Would you rather have them having a bunch of kids running around or the school wake up and acknowledge the fact that kids need real life advice. We are not helping anybody by pretending that kids don't do it.
    Kids use illegal drugs too. Dirty needles spread deadly diseases such as HIV and hepatitus. Why aren't you advocating schools hand out needles to school children? Because you are IN DENIAL OF REALITY and are pretending kids don't use drugs?!

    Handing out condoms isn't "advice." It is openly endorsing children having sex, even if doing so is a felony criminal offense.

    Not every child has your promiscuity moralities reflected in your message nor do all parents. Not every parent is OK with the school teaching their 13 year old daughter to have sex with anyone she thinks she'd like to.

    Impose your promotion and facilitation of promiscuity on your own little children, not mine.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    I'm all for sex ed, but I don't agree with the schools handing out condoms to other people's children. Most of the kids would probably just use them for balloons anyway.

  4. #154
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Since free birthcontrol is a step forward, what else should we be paying for? This is curiousity, as I dont really care as I am not going to be paying for it anyhow.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  5. #155
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Rather than hand out condoms since sexual practices and morals are the school's decision, it would be far better then to hand out sex toys to young teens to play with to avoid diseases. Take that to the school board. All girls age 12 and older get an electric dildo and can get free battery replacements at the office. Similar toys for boys too. Also, hand out lots of child porn to the kids so they can use them age-appropriately.

    That is far less likely to cause unwanted pregnancy or spread diseases.

    If the schools would teach that homosexuality is vastly superior and encourage children to at least try it, that too might reduce the horrors of teen pregnancy that most our evil, rotten hell bound stupid mothers did for her first child. And, of course, the school absolutely should drill in how stupid most their parents were while at it.

    That is less sexual intrusion into the children's lives and parents involvement than handing out condoms.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    I'm actually kind of surprised by how many people chose 11-12 years old. Really? Don't you think there might be a problem if 11 and 12 year old children are having intercourse? WHO are they having intercourse with? Each other? Why are they feeling that they must have intercourse at such a young age? And lastly, does anyone really think it is a good idea to just give that child a condom? That's kind of like giving an aspirin for amputation (like that? I just made that up - lol!).

  7. #157
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Kids use illegal drugs too. Dirty needles spread deadly diseases such as HIV and hepatitus. Why aren't you advocating schools hand out needles to school children? Because you are IN DENIAL OF REALITY and are pretending kids don't use drugs?!

    Handing out condoms isn't "advice." It is openly endorsing children having sex, even if doing so is a felony criminal offense.

    Not every child has your promiscuity moralities reflected in your message nor do all parents. Not every parent is OK with the school teaching their 13 year old daughter to have sex with anyone she thinks she'd like to.

    Impose your promotion and facilitation of promiscuity on your own little children, not mine.
    Having sex is not illegal. And providing condoms does not mean they have to pass them out. They can have them readily available in the office or elsewhere. I am not asking them to go child to child and hand them out and encourage the use of them, simply have them readily available. Sex is not illegal, but it is a fact of life, so why should the schools shield students. Drugs are illegal, therefore the schools should not endorse safe use of them, they should discourage the use of them. In the case that drugs are made legal, I would support the schools endorsing the safe use of them as well. As long as there is no illegal activity I see no reason why the schools should shield anybody from the real world.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  8. #158
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Having sex is not illegal. And providing condoms does not mean they have to pass them out. They can have them readily available in the office or elsewhere. I am not asking them to go child to child and hand them out and encourage the use of them, simply have them readily available. Sex is not illegal, but it is a fact of life, so why should the schools shield students. Drugs are illegal, therefore the schools should not endorse safe use of them, they should discourage the use of them. In the case that drugs are made legal, I would support the schools endorsing the safe use of them as well. As long as there is no illegal activity I see no reason why the schools should shield anybody from the real world.
    YOU ARE WRONG.

    State laws

    Each U.S. state (and the District of Columbia) has its own age of consent. Currently state laws set the age of consent at 16, 17 or 18. The most common age is 16.[46]
    age of consent 16 (30): Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia
    age of consent 17 (9): Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Texas, Wyoming
    age of consent 18 (12): Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania [47]

    These state laws are discussed in detail below.
    Ages of consent in North America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Anyone who gives a 14 year old child a condom anticipating it is to be used for sex - as opposed to an educational demonstration in class - should be criminally prosecuted. It is criminally illegal, and also therefore criminal juvenile deliquency, for a 14 year old to have sex. Any knowledge a 14 year old might be having or going to have sex - which asking for a condom would indicate - should immediately contact the police and juvenile authorities. Anyone facilitating in any way that child having sex is engaging in criminally contributing to the deliquency of a child - minimally - and should accordingly be prosecuted and held strictly civilly and criminally liable.
    Last edited by joko104; 11-11-12 at 10:18 PM.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Having sex is not illegal. And providing condoms does not mean they have to pass them out. They can have them readily available in the office or elsewhere. I am not asking them to go child to child and hand them out and encourage the use of them, simply have them readily available. Sex is not illegal, but it is a fact of life, so why should the schools shield students. Drugs are illegal, therefore the schools should not endorse safe use of them, they should discourage the use of them. In the case that drugs are made legal, I would support the schools endorsing the safe use of them as well. As long as there is no illegal activity I see no reason why the schools should shield anybody from the real world.
    I don't think that NOT giving out condoms is shielding the students. The only thing the school should be doing is sex education, teaching the children about responsible sex. There is no reason for the SCHOOL to be giving out condoms. Not giving them out also would not qualify as discouraging their use.

    Perhaps for high school aged kids it might be a more appropriate gesture, but still questionable to give out condoms to children without parental knowledge IMO.

  10. #160
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Kids n' Kondoms

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Kids use illegal drugs too. Dirty needles spread deadly diseases such as HIV and hepatitus. Why aren't you advocating schools hand out needles to school children? Because you are IN DENIAL OF REALITY and are pretending kids don't use drugs?!
    In high schools where intravenous drug use is a problem, they absolutely SHOULD hand out clean needles in the school. Ironically, your analogy that is supposed to be an outrageous extension of this idea, is actually a perfectly reasonable policy itself.

    Handing out condoms isn't "advice." It is openly endorsing children having sex, even if doing so is a felony criminal offense.
    There is no correlation between access to contraception and the age at which people start having sex (or the frequency with which they have sex).

    Not every child has your promiscuity moralities reflected in your message nor do all parents. Not every parent is OK with the school teaching their 13 year old daughter to have sex with anyone she thinks she'd like to.
    Then they can still tell their daughter not to. Hell, they could even forbid their daughter from taking the free condoms if they wanted to (although that would be extremely bad parenting). It's not like the school is telling their kids that they SHOULD go out and get laid.

    Impose your promotion and facilitation of promiscuity on your own little children, not mine.
    Please cite the studies that indicate that access to contraception "promotes promiscuity." Actual academic studies with actual data, not right-wing Bible-thumping blogs, please.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •