Its two days after the election and not without precedence, Presidential election results are still not in from the Sunshine State.
Just a few points of interests before you vote in this poll:
- Obama is presently ahead in Florida by around 47,000 votes counted so far
- Like many states with Republican administrations, the State of Florida engaged in aggressive anti-voter fraud measures in the lead up to November.
- Like many states with Republican administrations, the State of Florida engaged in tax-payer cost saving measures and reduced the days allowed for early voting.
- Some described those measures as minority voter suppression and likely contributed greatly to a massive voter turnout among minorities, some of who where still in line at 1am to cast their ballots, overwhelming voter office turnout expectations.
- Inadvertently, some US Military personnel registered to vote in Florida discovered their registrations had been purged from voter roles. Not sure if some of these where currently deployed military voting absentee or if their votes are part of the hold up.
- Some former felons from years and possibly decades ago were granted clemency, had their voting rights restored and some even voted in past elections learned on Tuesday that their registrations had been purged due to being "fraudulently registered to vote as convicted felons".
- I THINK roughly 200,000 absentee and provisional ballots primarily in South Florida are still being counted/are under review.