View Poll Results: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 23.33%
  • No

    37 61.67%
  • Other

    9 15.00%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 144

Thread: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    as someone who voted for him i voted no lol. if his 1st term was any example i expect more mediocre recovery.

  2. #82
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,779

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    You are projecting...and that is typical of liberal thinkers (or should I say, feelers)

    I have never said I hope America fails. I said I hope Obama fails. You DO discern the difference, don't you?
    you just exposed yourself further by calling me a liberal LMAO

    it shows your dishonesty and how desperate you are to deflect my points and write them off. You have no logical avenue to take so you try to be dismissive instead of have a rational retort. Well you failed and its quite comical.. If Obama fails america fails, taking into consideration the list i gave you, which is my whole point, there is no difference between the two. He wants to accomplish all those goals you dont want him to so you want america to fail, thats just a fact. now if you said I want bill32 to fail, well that would be fine, wanting him to fail is wanting america to fail, but its obvious that you wont see that and are too biased too.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #83
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,835

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    you just exposed yourself further by calling me a liberal LMAO

    it shows your dishonesty and how desperate you are to deflect my points and write them off. You have no logical avenue to take so you try to be dismissive instead of have a rational retort. Well you failed and its quite comical.. If Obama fails america fails, taking into consideration the list i gave you, which is my whole point, there is no difference between the two. He wants to accomplish all those goals you dont want him to so you want america to fail, thats just a fact. now if you said I want bill32 to fail, well that would be fine, wanting him to fail is wanting america to fail, but its obvious that you wont see that and are too biased too.
    Why do you have such a hard time understanding words?

    I didn't say you were a liberal. I likened you to a liberal thinker (or feeler).

    Come on...you can do better, can't you?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #84
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,779

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Why do you have such a hard time understanding words?

    I didn't say you were a liberal. I likened you to a liberal thinker (or feeler).

    Come on...you can do better, can't you?
    another deflection, so very telling.
    Its not liberal thinking, its common sense thinking and factual thinking LOL

    and currently your biased eyes arent allowing you to see it. Sorry these facts bother you but they wont change
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #85
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,835

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    another deflection, so very telling.
    Its not liberal thinking, its common sense thinking and factual thinking LOL

    and currently your biased eyes arent allowing you to see it. Sorry these facts bother you but they wont change
    Ummm...yeah..."factual thinking"...

    Kind of like your factual statement that I said I want America to fail.

    Right.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #86
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,779

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Ummm...yeah..."factual thinking"...

    Kind of like your factual statement that I said I want America to fail.

    Right.
    yes i now the facts are right, its why they are facts.

    Like I said if you disagree by all means tell me using the discussion we already had how its not true. Im ready to listen.

    Of course theres another option you could always backpedal some and add qualifiers to your silly statement or just man up and show some integrity and admit you misspoke, you didnt mean exactly what you said.

    Until then my statement stands has you have dont nothing to disprove it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    I liked his victory address yet there was just affirmations of belief systems and encouragement to all americans he had listned regardless of who they voted for ....

    Read the transcript ... it has a message and strong convictions of beliefs yet it is not a to do list with a promise check marked. POTUS cannot control all things and President Obama knows this and simply writes of his values and convictions.

    President Obama speaks of the greatness of the United States of America and it was simply as it should be and to bring citizens together and acknowledge Governor Romney.

    Acceptance speeches are not promised agendas.

    Something did catch my attention in the address and that was when he said he would be meeting with Governor Romney within the next few months ...?

    I keep thinking of a book I read and I could see Obama including Romney in his camp.

    Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by Turin; 11-08-12 at 12:36 AM.

  8. #88
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Dude, you got the second term. Campaigning is over. Stop lying...
    From speech:
    Tonight you voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours. And in the coming weeks and months, I am looking forward to reaching out and working with leaders of both parties to meet the challenges we can only solve together. Reducing our deficit. Reforming our tax code. Fixing our immigration system. Freeing ourselves from foreign oil. We’ve got more work to do.
    Pretty much, nothing in the tax code, regarding immigration, or freedom from foreign oil will happen.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,835

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    yes i now the facts are right, its why they are facts.

    Like I said if you disagree by all means tell me using the discussion we already had how its not true. Im ready to listen.

    Of course theres another option you could always backpedal some and add qualifiers to your silly statement or just man up and show some integrity and admit you misspoke, you didnt mean exactly what you said.

    Until then my statement stands has you have dont nothing to disprove it.
    The only thing you've said to me that might be considered facts is this: "since his speech was mainly about improving, getting out of debt, improving education, healthcare, having a strong military, better wall street, cutting dependency on foreign fuels and working together to once again be leading world in more areas. Stronger dollar, innovation, technology, manufacturing and economy."

    I didn't listen to his whole speech so I'll concede that these facts might be true. In fact, I've only expressed my opinion that I hope he fails in his desires.

    Everything else you've said to me has been false or opinion.

    Is there anything else you want to discuss?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #90
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    I think he'll try to live up to it. I'm willing to wait and see.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •