View Poll Results: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 23.33%
  • No

    37 61.67%
  • Other

    9 15.00%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 144

Thread: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

  1. #71
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    ummm...

    You DO know that Obama only got 50% of the popular vote...right? The "old, rich, religious, white guy GOP platform" got the other 50%.

    Liberal hyperbole is alive and well...even after it won.
    a win is a win is a win... right? and i'm guessing a good amount of those on the right only voted for Romney because that was the only shot to get Obama out, not because they support the "old, rich, religious, white guy GOP platform"
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  2. #72
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    a win is a win is a win... right? and i'm guessing a good amount of those on the right only voted for Romney because that was the only shot to get Obama out, not because they support the "old, rich, religious, white guy GOP platform"
    shrug...

    Of course, a win is a win...there's no disputing that.

    As to the other, it works both ways. Obama getting the win doesn't mean that "We now know that most Americans don't agree with the old, rich, religious, white guy GOP platform." Especially with such a narrow win as Obama achieved...your speculation notwithstanding.

    In other words, you can't justify Risky Thicket's statement by citing a guess.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #73
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    this is the problem with america and politics today
    It's not a problem to me if he fails.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #74
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You must be pissed that the strong showing you were expecting Colorado to give - never showed up.
    Not pissed...disappointed.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #75
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Not pissed...disappointed.
    Hahaha, there's always 2016. Don't be such a sour grapes. You're better than that.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #76
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    It's not a problem to me if he fails.
    uhm, it is if you live in the country LMAO thats the reality you dont get. To want him to fail (overall) is simply anti-american.

    since his speech was mainly about improving, getting out of debt, improving education, healthcare, having a strong military, better wall street, cutting dependency on foreign fuels and working together to once again be leading world in more areas. Stronger dollar, innovation, technology, manufacturing and economy.

    If you want him to fail you want all those things to fail, whats it like to hate the country?

    Ill put it in terms maybe you can understand.

    Im a huge laker(america) fan, but i dont like Kobe(obama) but I never want kobe (obama) to fail because his(obamas) failure more than likely leads to a lakers (americas) failure, so if I rooted for kobe to fail by default id be rooting for the lakers to fail which is counter productive and as a laker fan would make me a complete moron.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #77
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    uhm, it is if you live in the country LMAO thats the reality you dont get. To want him to fail (overall) is simply anti-american.

    since his speech was mainly about improving, getting out of debt, improving education, healthcare, having a strong military, better wall street, cutting dependency on foreign fuels and working together to once again be leading world in more areas. Stronger dollar, innovation, technology, manufacturing and economy.

    If you want him to fail you want all those things to fail, whats it like to hate the country?

    Ill put it in terms maybe you can understand.

    Im a huge laker(america) fan, but i dont like Kobe(obama) but I never want kobe (obama) to fail because his(obamas) failure more than likely leads to a lakers (americas) failure, so if I rooted for kobe to fail by default id be rooting for the lakers to fail which is counter productive and as a laker fan would make me a complete moron.
    Your analogy is moronic. You see, I don't dislike Obama. I dislike the methods he would use to achieve all the things you say he wants to do. He is going about it the wrong way and will do more harm than good.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #78
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Hahaha, there's always 2016. Don't be such a sour grapes. You're better than that.
    Please don't try to assign attitudes to me that I have not expressed. You will only fail and demean yourself when you do such a thing.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #79
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Your analogy is moronic. You see, I don't dislike Obama. I dislike the methods he would use to achieve all the things you say he wants to do. He is going about it the wrong way and will do more harm than good.

    sorry my analogy is SPOT on, if you disagree feel free to counter it, you just dont like it cause it exposes you.

    I didnt like Kobe because HE DID IT THE WRONG WAY imo, to much of a selfish player BUT I ALWAYS wanted his success because it meant lakers success, plain and simple.

    this is what you miss

    Obama success = american success.
    Obama failure = america fails

    I might not like it or agree with his ways but if he is successful with the previously mentioned list we all win. Thats basics common sense.

    WHat if it doesnt do harm and he achieves all those goals, of course he probably wont, he is only one man with 4 years left but what happens if he at least improves all those areas? then what? LOL

    sorry, like I said, you are part of the problem with politics/America today because you are hoping america fails just to prove a point, its inane and really sad.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #80
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    sorry my analogy is SPOT on, if you disagree feel free to counter it, you just dont like it cause it exposes you.

    I didnt like Kobe because HE DID IT THE WRONG WAY imo, to much of a selfish player BUT I ALWAYS wanted his success because it meant lakers success, plain and simple.

    this is what you miss

    Obama success = american success.
    Obama failure = america fails

    I might not like it or agree with his ways but if he is successful with the previously mentioned list we all win. Thats basics common sense.

    WHat if it doesnt do harm and he achieves all those goals, of course he probably wont, he is only one man with 4 years left but what happens if he at least improves all those areas? then what? LOL

    sorry, like I said, you are part of the problem with politics/America today because you are hoping america fails just to prove a point, its inane and really sad.
    You are projecting...and that is typical of liberal thinkers (or should I say, feelers)

    I have never said I hope America fails. I said I hope Obama fails. You DO discern the difference, don't you?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •