View Poll Results: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 23.33%
  • No

    37 61.67%
  • Other

    9 15.00%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 144

Thread: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

  1. #131
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Thing two - I voted for Gary Johnson.
    Then you must be very pleased with the election results.

  2. #132
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I voted yes because the Country really is starting to change. For example: Two states have just legalized marijuana for recreational use. In his heart of hearts, I believe the president applauds this, but it may be a little too soon to extend his support.
    Yeah, that was a good idea.

    I mean, cigerettes are bad for you but pot is ok.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Yeah, that was a good idea.

    I mean, cigerettes are bad for you but pot is ok.
    All cigarette factories should be destroyed. There's no reason why we should have to put up with these tobacco corporatists any longer!

  4. #134
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Then you must be very pleased with the election results.
    As I stated elsewhere, I am pleased that women get to own their vaginas for at least 4 more years. I am pleased that the initiation of war on Iran and Syria doesn't look likely at present. Under Romney it would likely have been different and bloody. I am pleased that America is officially turning away from religion in government. I am pleased that America has voted an African American man as president twice. I am pleased that more women than ever before will sit in Congress. I am pleased that the Tea Party has lost ground. I am pleased that Arizona is now more purple than red.

    Romney had the support of the old, rich, white, religionist males. I doubted seriously that he would win. That demographic is no longer the mainstream America. I knew full well that my vote for Johnson was a vote against Romney.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #135
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    that might be true or it might not, thats not my argument at all.
    Im not saying its a fact he will have success, but "in general" Im rooting for him just like i root for all presidents because rooting against him is moronic and illogical. If he fails it hurts america
    IMO, your argument falls apart when you say that if Obama fails America fails. If Obama succeeds America fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #136
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    IMO, your argument falls apart when you say that if Obama fails America fails. If Obama succeeds America fails.
    well your opinion is simply wrong because of one reason, it was a very specific discussion based on an actual list of desires.

    But again just like the other poster that couldnt come up with anything logical I invite you to prove that since i have already proved mine.

    Where your argument actually fails is the discussion i was having was based of his speech and goals and this list of desires. Since his speech was mainly about "improving, getting out of debt, improving education, healthcare, having a strong military, better wall street, cutting dependency on foreign fuels and working together to once again be leading world in more areas. Stronger dollar, innovation, technology, manufacturing and economy." and those are his desires explain to me based on that how him succeeding is america failing? If he achieves those things thats GOOD.

    Thats what the other poster agreed those were the desires and still said he wants obama to fail in his desires which would mean america fails or at the least doesnt get any better. Doesnt work any other way.

    It was a very specific conversation, of course one could make up hyperbole and say Obama wants communism so i want him to fail but nonsense like that wasnt being discussed. It was based of a list from his speech.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #137
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    As I stated elsewhere, I am pleased that women get to own their vaginas for at least 4 more years.
    How do you think that would have changed under Obama?

    I am pleased that the initiation of war on Iran and Syria doesn't look likely at present. Under Romney it would likely have been different and bloody.
    Fear mongering. The current middle eastern troubles are as much due to our feckless foreign policy as anything else.

    I am pleased that America is officially turning away from religion in government.
    So, Obama isn't religious now?

    I am pleased that America has voted an African American man as president twice.
    How does skin color qualify anyone for anything?

    I am pleased that more women than ever before will sit in Congress.
    What does that have to do with Obama being president?

    I am pleased that the Tea Party has lost ground.
    Well, with this I'll have to agree with you.

    I am pleased that Arizona is now more purple than red.
    I don't see what this has to do with anythiing, most every state is actually purple. Only a few are solid blue or red.

    Romney had the support of the old, rich, white, religionist males.
    That's 49% of the American voting public?

    I doubted seriously that he would win. That demographic is no longer the mainstream America. I knew full well that my vote for Johnson was a vote against Romney.
    With less then a 2% margin, this sounds a little more like wishful thinking than anything else. Specially considering that Obama lost 9 million votes since the last election.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    If Obama did not live up to the promises in his first victory speech, it's likely he won't live up to the promises in his last victory speech.

  9. #139
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    How do you think that would have changed under Obama?



    Fear mongering. The current middle eastern troubles are as much due to our feckless foreign policy as anything else.



    So, Obama isn't religious now?



    How does skin color qualify anyone for anything?



    What does that have to do with Obama being president?



    Well, with this I'll have to agree with you.



    I don't see what this has to do with anythiing, most every state is actually purple. Only a few are solid blue or red.



    That's 49% of the American voting public?



    With less then a 2% margin, this sounds a little more like wishful thinking than anything else. Specially considering that Obama lost 9 million votes since the last election.
    Mac, it was obvious when you posted the question to me that you had an agenda. You baited, I knew that and I didn't/don't mind in this instance. I didn't destroy your world. I can't make you happy. If I had agree with your opinions I would have voted for Romeny, right? Suck it up, son. Here's the cold, hard truth. I voted for Gary Johnson. I told you that. I voted my conscience. I would never have voted for Romney. Why is no longer important.

    You and more than a few others seem want to blame people (Caution: Family Value words are not used in the link) who didn't vote for Romney. Post until you get all that vitriol out. Your opinions are in the minority. It's better that all y'all get it out online than take that crap to the streets.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #140
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Mac, it was obvious when you posted the question to me that you had an agenda. You baited, I knew that and I didn't/don't mind in this instance. I didn't destroy your world. I can't make you happy. If I had agree with your opinions I would have voted for Romeny, right? Suck it up, son. Here's the cold, hard truth. I voted for Gary Johnson. I told you that. I voted my conscience. I would never have voted for Romney. Why is no longer important.

    You and more than a few others seem want to blame people (Caution: Family Value words are not used in the link) who didn't vote for Romney. Post until you get all that vitriol out. Your opinions are in the minority. It's better that all y'all get it out online than take that crap to the streets.
    Well, son, if your reasons made any sense and were anything other than lunacy and fear mongering....I guess you'd have a point.

    But, you don't.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •