View Poll Results: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 23.33%
  • No

    37 61.67%
  • Other

    9 15.00%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 144

Thread: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

  1. #91
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    The only thing you've said to me that might be considered facts is this: "since his speech was mainly about improving, getting out of debt, improving education, healthcare, having a strong military, better wall street, cutting dependency on foreign fuels and working together to once again be leading world in more areas. Stronger dollar, innovation, technology, manufacturing and economy."

    I didn't listen to his whole speech so I'll concede that these facts might be true. In fact, I've only expressed my opinion that I hope he fails in his desires.

    Everything else you've said to me has been false or opinion.

    Is there anything else you want to discuss?
    .exactly which factually means you want america to fail since his desires are to have it succeed at all those things. SO you just helped my point, everything i said was true.

    Theres no way to separate the two thats the fact you are not getting, unless of course america can achieve all that despite him and he can fail while that happens but again then that would mean he succeeded. LOL
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #92
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,855

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    .exactly which factually means you want america to fail since his desires are to have it succeed at all those things. SO you just helped my point, everything i said was true.

    Theres no way to separate the two thats the fact you are not getting, unless of course america can achieve all that despite him and he can fail while that happens but again then that would mean he succeeded. LOL
    sigh...

    Your liberal thinking is defective. Wanting Obama to fail does not correlate to wanting America to fail.

    As I've said before...my opinion is that Obama's methods won't achieve his goals and will, in fact do more harm than good. Therefore I want him to fail.

    So...are you going to keep on spouting your illogic? Or are you going to present a reasoned post? You are becoming quite tedious.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #93
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    I believe he truly believes in what he says, but if it actually happens is another story. I'm confident more will get done, thanks partially to Republicans distancing away from the tea party fad and Fox News transforming into a more moderate but of course still seansationalist channel. First thing Republicans will do is let off the tax expirations for the rich. Guarantee it. Since the economy will be getting better they will want some of the credit so playing ball is in their interest now.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    I don't know about that. The country is too big for me. I don't feel like I'm represented by our government. Heck it might as well be a monarchy, that's how little say I feel I have as a citizen in this democracy of 300 million diverse souls.

    Add to that, we have a pretty gruesome history. First, we sailed over here and killed a bunch of Indians. Then, we persecuted witches and initiated slavery.

    After that, we rebelled against the British, and called ourselves heroes for doing it. 100 years later, when the south rebelled against the US, they're called traitors and a bloodbath ensued.

    Sometime in there, we headed west, and killed more pesky Indians. You could call it genocide. We stole a bunch of land from Mexico, and away we go.

    Now, we just go around starting wars in faraway asian and middle eastern lands, and we wonder why nobody likes us.

    So I'm not really convinced that this is such a great country.

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    It is decades ahead of whoever is in second place, or was......

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    No, but people won't care because he has a nice smile and is charismatic.

  6. #96
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    I voted no....ive never known one that did and I dont think hes going to change that record

  7. #97
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Obama is a very clever corporatised puppet fraudster

    This is why the corporate fascist Oilgarchs live him so much - he does their bidding whilst pretending to be a fighter for freedom and the American dream - lol

    Why is anyone surprised that he got another term?

    And now Obama says he wants to finish what he started - lol

    What did he start? What has he done? What is he about to do?

    Does anyone know?

    We know that he signed in acts which enables the President to classify any US citizen as an enemy of the state (whatever that means) and then execute or deport them without charge or trial

    This is freedom

    This is Democracy

    And under Obama's watch the US supreme court decided to give Corporate entities the title of PERSON - lolo

    the American Dream (what's left of it) is now a forrid nightmare and we all know who pays the cost in the USA dont we ladies and gentlemen

    I would now classify the Obama administration as second worst since the end of WW2

  8. #98
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    sigh...

    Your liberal thinking is defective. Wanting Obama to fail does not correlate to wanting America to fail.

    As I've said before...my opinion is that Obama's methods won't achieve his goals and will, in fact do more harm than good. Therefore I want him to fail.

    So...are you going to keep on spouting your illogic? Or are you going to present a reasoned post? You are becoming quite tedious.
    SIgh is right, you broken logic ignores facts and reality. I ask you for proof or to explain your postion at least 4 times and what do you do? You deflect every signle time LOL

    Well common sense and facts are still on my side while you offer "nu-huh"

    Fact remains you want america to fail. You say you dont but you havent present one logical, reality based, objective, honest or factual way to separate the two. NOT ONE LOL

    Ill keep waiting to see if you man up, show integrity and change your statements or if your biased just keeps you blind to the fact you want us to fail.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #99
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Time for Obama to kick back, break out some good booze, curl up in front of the TV and watch the world go by for the next 4 yrs. Why shouldn't he...that's what all lame duck politicians do.
    If he did all that, we'd be better off.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #100
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Will Obama live up to his victory speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I'm not divided at all. As a conservative, I'm 100 percent against Obama and everything he stands for. Obama is a socialist. I want my congressman to dig in and fight Obama every step of the way, because this was a great country, and we don't need "hope and change."
    It is attitudes like this that will bring down any nation. Such arrogance.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •