View Poll Results: What do you consider your duties as an American (mandatory and moral)?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • To vote

    22 68.75%
  • To care for our fellow citizens

    23 71.88%
  • To defend our homeland militarily

    23 71.88%
  • To defend our interests overseas militarily

    1 3.13%
  • To pay taxes

    22 68.75%
  • To work

    21 65.63%
  • To own guns

    6 18.75%
  • To have Faith

    2 6.25%
  • To promote freedom here and abroad

    15 46.88%
  • To challenge injustice

    21 65.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Your Duties As An American

  1. #21
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Barack Hussein Obama can kiss my ass. I will pay my taxes, and obey the law, but he will never have any love from me, that's for sure. He's not my president.
    He isn't your country, but i'm concerned you're being a bit irrational here. I'm just concerned. You're not alone are you?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    LOL. If I met him, I would not address him as Mr President. He's Barack Obama. He rode a wave of idiocy into the white house. He's not my leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by roflpublican View Post
    he is your president, regardless, until you give up your citizenship. that's how a republican democracy works.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Your Duties As An American



    Yuck it up while you can. You'll have your day when the Republicans take the white house back, and you'll deserve every bit of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He isn't your country, but i'm concerned you're being a bit irrational here. I'm just concerned. You're not alone are you?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post


    Yuck it up while you can. You'll have your day when the Republicans take the white house back, and you'll deserve every bit of it.
    Actually I wasn't yucking. You seem more upset than is rational.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tampa
    Last Seen
    09-24-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    LOL. If I met him, I would not address him as Mr President. He's Barack Obama. He rode a wave of idiocy into the white house. He's not my leader.
    Your Duties As An American-28077058-jpg but i bet he'd still beat you at baskbetball

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Oh well then. It's weird that you think people who want the right to self-determination aren't rational. That we all don't agree with the government you've picked out for us, just because there are a couple more of you than there are of us.

    I see the will of an entire region and culture of the United States being tossed under the rug, and I'm going to get upset and speak up about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually I wasn't yucking. You seem more upset than is rational.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Oh well then. It's weird that you think people who want the right to self-determination aren't rational. That we all don't agree with the government you've picked out for us, just because there are a couple more of you than there are of us.

    I see the will of an entire region and culture of the United States being tossed under the rug, and I'm going to get upset and speak up about it.
    You've lost no rights. That thought in and of itself is irrational. This has been part of the problem. Obama is no different than any of the presidents before him. This wild hyperbolic insanity is disconcerning. You believe things that have not happened, and fear things that won't happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #28
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I see the will of an entire region and culture of the United States being tossed under the rug, and I'm going to get upset and speak up about it.
    Don't let that **** get to you Peter. This country is heading toward the cliff regardless of who is in power, because we have an overabundance of people riding in the cart. Just do your best to live life as well as you can, and say screw it to the rest. You, nor I, can change the direction this populace has taken.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    That's where you're wrong.

    When the entire Northeast votes for one guy, and the entire South votes for another guy, there's a division. It's been this way since the Civil War.

    This is a struggle. A struggle of the Southern minority vs the Northern majority. You see irrationality, but all I want, and all people like me want, is freedom from your tyranny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You've lost no rights. That thought in and of itself is irrational. This has been part of the problem. Obama is no different than any of the presidents before him. This wild hyperbolic insanity is disconcerning. You believe things that have not happened, and fear things that won't happen.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Your Duties As An American

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Don't let that **** get to you Peter. This country is heading toward the cliff regardless of who is in power, because we have an overabundance of people riding in the cart. Just do your best to live life as well as you can, and say screw it to the rest. You, nor I, can change the direction this populace has taken.
    Though not as hyperbolic, I don't think that is true either. Talking heads have created a false crisis. Yes, we need to be concerned about the debt. And we do need to be concerned by things like off shoring and McDonaldization. But if we keep our heads and work together, it doesn't have to go off any cliff.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •