View Poll Results: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 60.00%
  • no

    16 40.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

  1. #51
    Professor
    gavinfielder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Sorry, but you are incorrect.
    My point was a counter to yours. As in, there is no problem.
    They shouldn't even be near the polls.

    A person's lack of interest is not a problem, but a choice.
    Which should never be looked upon as a problem.
    Voter apathy most certainly is a problem. I am underrepresented because my demographic doesn't vote and therefore the policies that end up applying to me are determined by those entirely outside my demographic. The rights of my demographic are not protected unless my demographic gets out and votes for them, which means MY rights are not protected unless people get off the ****ing couch and vote.

    Democracy doesn't work without civic engagement.
    "Advocates of capitalism are apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: the fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate." - Bertrand Russell

  2. #52
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    I don't see the connection between voting and applying your brakes. Can you enlighten me here?
    It's a joke dude. I sat here trying to think of some deep connection.....I got nothing.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #53
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by gavinfielder View Post
    Voter apathy most certainly is a problem. I am underrepresented because my demographic doesn't vote and therefore the policies that end up applying to me are determined by those entirely outside my demographic. The rights of my demographic are not protected unless my demographic gets out and votes for them, which means MY rights are not protected unless people get off the ****ing couch and vote.
    It isn't about demographics, so it doesn't matter if you think you are under represented as you say.
    The truth is, as a person, that you are represented just fine.
    You just don't like it and think that you would have more representation if it was the way you wanted it to be. And while that may be true, it does not mean we have a problem. Only that you do not like how it works.


    Quote Originally Posted by gavinfielder View Post
    Democracy doesn't work without civic engagement.
    It works just fine.
    The only issue is that you do not like how it works.
    And secondly, we are a Republic, and it still works just fine.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by gavinfielder View Post
    The lack of stickers does it even less.

    It's absolutely a peer pressure thing. Voter apathy is a huge problem in America, and I think the stickers still have some effect in shaming people on their lack of civic engagement. And you won't get people to be informed without first making them realize they actually should.
    I don't think it's a problem at all. I'd like to see even less people voting, considering the number of idiots who do vote without having a clue what it is they're voting for. I want the people who are informed on the issues, the people who understand the candidates' platforms, who have researched the propositions, who are conversant in the politics. In short, I only want people with a clue to pull that lever.

    The people who are too damn stupid to know what they're doing need to stay home.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #55
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    No. Thank you, Cephus. America would be in a veritable s*** hole if wasn't for your genius.
    America is a s***hole because the people who are voting are doing so for selfish or stupid reasons, not for intelligent and rational ones.

    So who are you voting for, and why?
    Voted a while back, always do so absentee. Who and what I voted for is irrelevant.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #56
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I don't think it's a problem at all. I'd like to see even less people voting, considering the number of idiots who do vote without having a clue what it is they're voting for. I want the people who are informed on the issues, the people who understand the candidates' platforms, who have researched the propositions, who are conversant in the politics. In short, I only want people with a clue to pull that lever.

    The people who are too damn stupid to know what they're doing need to stay home.
    I couldn't agree more. Democracy in the form of allowing people to vote without a thorough understanding of what they're voting for is absolutely illogical.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  7. #57
    Professor
    gavinfielder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    I think it's so full of **** that someone can claim that that any representative democratic government can cause problems for people and not realize that the fundamental problem behind it is an uneducated and unengaged society.
    "Advocates of capitalism are apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: the fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate." - Bertrand Russell

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    America is a s***hole because the people who are voting are doing so for selfish or stupid reasons, not for intelligent and rational ones.
    I've got to tell you, Cephus. I am really, REALLY, curious to know who you think would be an appropriate candidate for President. Can you at least tell me that much?



    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Voted a while back, always do so absentee. Who and what I voted for is irrelevant.
    So it doesn't matter who you vote for, just so long as you vote? Doesn't that contradict what you're trying to say up above?

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Just curious. I don't because i don't know what purpose it serves to let people know you voted.
    I'm not in the habit of wearing stickers, so no. (In the title, it asks if you "wear" stickers?)

    I also wouldn't tacky up my car with stickers.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Do you wear the "I voted" stickers they give you after you voted?

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    It's a joke dude. I sat here trying to think of some deep connection.....I got nothing.
    lol. Good one.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •