View Poll Results: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 9.52%
  • No

    55 87.30%
  • I do not know

    2 3.17%
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 134

Thread: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    No it doesn't, because you can't compare the USA to Pakistan. There are no parts of the USA where the government doesn't have control. There are no parts of the USA where rebels run around with heavy arms, refusing to pay taxes, and instituting their own form of religious law on the local population.

    It's like if David Koresh (David Koresh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) had been able to take over the entire city of Waco Texas. Say the gov of the United States were too weak to do anything about it, so he ran the city with his own rules. Now, say he allowed people to train there, to take off from there, to go in to Mexico and murder people.

    Would Mexico have the right to drop bombs on David Koresh if the USA couldn't? You bet.

    That's what this is. The reason I say the USA is not Pakistan is because the USA is strong. David Koresh was taken the **** out by the FBI.

    And don't forget, Pakistan harbored Osama Bin Laden. As far as I am concerned, that is an act of war. They have no place to whine about a few drone strikes on areas of the country they can't control.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If I used your definition of defending yourself then it would be alright for me to shoot some guy in some other state as well as innocent bystanders because he may or may drive down to my state and rob my house.



    This amounts to letting France drop a bomb on an alleged gang member's house here in the US.

  2. #82
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    The reason I say the USA is not Pakistan is because the USA is strong.
    YEAH AMURRICAH YEAH

    WE STRONG WE STRONG





    That's what I heard when I read that. Incredible justification.


  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    You might want to read the rest of what I wrote, then, and if I can answer any questions for you in order to clarify my position, I'd be happy to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    YEAH AMURRICAH YEAH

    WE STRONG WE STRONG





    That's what I heard when I read that. Incredible justification.

  4. #84
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post

    And don't forget, Pakistan harbored Osama Bin Laden. As far as I am concerned, that is an act of war. .
    Right on, brother.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  5. #85
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    You might want to read the rest of what I wrote, then, and if I can answer any questions for you in order to clarify my position, I'd be happy to do that.
    I read it, I still don't think it justifies killing of innocents.


  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Nobody wants innocent people to die. 9/11 was a terrible tragedy where many innocent Americans died.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I read it, I still don't think it justifies killing of innocents.

  7. #87
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Nobody wants innocent people to die. 9/11 was a terrible tragedy where many innocent Americans died.
    Wait, what does this have to do with 9/11? I was talking about the innocent people, many times children, who are killed by drones.


  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    I believe the drones are targeting terrorists, not children. Terrorists like the ones who were behind 9/11.

    I think it's sad that innocent people die alongside the terrorists, but our leaders have the unenviable position of having to weigh that against the very real possibility that another 9/11 could occur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Wait, what does this have to do with 9/11? I was talking about the innocent people, many times children, who are killed by drones.

  9. #89
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I think it's sad that innocent people die alongside the terrorists, but our leaders have the unenviable position of having to weigh that against the very real possibility that another 9/11 could occur.
    That's just too dangerously absolute for me.

    This was a decision by the government, mind you, no one voted for this, and regardless of whether Romney or Obama take office next year, it will continue. Who knows what will be "justifiable" next.


  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    I think it's far from absolute, unfortunately. It's a sad and undeniable fact that innocent people die whenever the US takes military action. It's a very gray area of morality whether it's justified in order to keep Americans safe.

    I think it needs to be looked at on a case-by-case basis. One thing I can say for certain is that you and I are not privy to all the facts that would lead us to make informed decisions. We just have to hope that the men and women we have elected will make the right calls on the ground.

    There isn't much else we can do about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    That's just too dangerously absolute for me.

    This was a decision by the government, mind you, no one voted for this, and regardless of whether Romney or Obama take office next year, it will continue. Who knows what will be "justifiable" next.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •