View Poll Results: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 9.52%
  • No

    55 87.30%
  • I do not know

    2 3.17%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 134

Thread: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Perceived civility is irrelevant to the fact we are violating the sovereignty of another country and harming their civilians without even declaring war on that country.
    So are you trying to argue that your argument would be irrelevant if we had a declaration of war? That you would no longer care? Of course not, thats why the point isn't germane to the argument at hand.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    01-16-14 @ 05:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,431

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Sure. If they don't like it then shoot them down.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    So are you trying to argue that your argument would be irrelevant if we had a declaration of war? That you would no longer care? Of course not, thats why the point isn't germane to the argument at hand.
    Casualties are expected in war.Bombings is what happens in war.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #64
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Casualties are expected in war.Bombings is what happens in war.
    And we are involved an authorized military conflict. Moreover whether we are or not, again it isn't the point.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    11-23-12 @ 03:08 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    477

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    I voted no, as I am adamantly opposed to their usage outright to begin with.

  6. #66
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Casualties are expected in war.Bombings is what happens in war.
    And when someone takes actions to kill American citizens and military personnel, they have engaged in war, whether declared or not. A hellfire missile coming straight back at them can hardly come as a surprise.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    It's not perceived civility... they are not a civilized country. They are a tribal, lawless, and violent third world country. Their own police do not have control in vast tribal sections of that country.

    If we were talking about France or Japan, I would say there is no way we should be sending drones into their country. We are not. So this is distinct.

    The fact is, there are terrorists in Pakistan which threaten the safety of American citizens. While you might object, Pakistan's perceived sovereignty is of secondary importance to the safety of Americans.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Perceived civility is irrelevant to the fact we are violating the sovereignty of another country and harming their civilians without even declaring war on that country.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Did they terrorize other countries? That's what this thread is about.
    No, that isn't what the thread is about.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #69
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Evolvepeace View Post
    I see what you're saying, but that isn't an equal comparison. We were attacked once, according to our government, by a terrorist cell from another country on our own soil. It wasn't the direct slaughter of thousands. Also, just because a terrorist cell makes an attack it doesn't justify occupying the entire country they are based in, at that country's great expense and our own. We don't need knee-jerk occupations and bombings. And yes, civilian casualties have been a part of almost every major war or conflict, but that doesn't mean we should brush them aside as a given stat. These are real people with real lives and we should always be striving to minimize and negate all unnecessary damage to lives and land.

    Also, in your scenario, the Saudis would be working with us to find this terrorist group. But, from what I can tell, we've just put Iraq and Afganistan to work for us. That is a big problem that I have with how America views its military use. It is just "might makes right" all over the place.
    I think what your position fails to recognize is the magnitude of 9/11 and the nature of the enemy. This isn't a play nice scenario with an enemy like A.Q. and we certainly do want to be over the top to discourage new enemies. It won't take much to bring our economy to its knees and world economy with a well coordinated attack: dirty bomb, chemical weapons. We are a lot more fragile than we may think we are, which requires an all out effort on our part to win.
    Caitlyn Strong...

  10. #70
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    And when someone takes actions to kill American citizens and military personnel, they have engaged in war, whether declared or not. A hellfire missile coming straight back at them can hardly come as a surprise.
    How many of these terrorist and innocent bystanders killed by those drones have actually killed Americans? I am pretty sure that gang members and other criminals have taken more American lives that terrorists have, but no one is suggesting that we should send in predator drones to the neighborhoods they live in to bomb them and the surrounding homes.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •