View Poll Results: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 9.52%
  • No

    55 87.30%
  • I do not know

    2 3.17%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 134

Thread: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy?

  1. #31
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Robot army=Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy?-t-800-t-salvation-jpg
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #32
    User Evolvepeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    For the most part, yes, we should allow other countries if we cannot control terrorists in our own country that plot and carry out attacks on another countries citizens. Whatever means necessary, and name a war or conflict that didn't have innocent victims. For example, imagine if we had cells of environmentalist wackos that attacked mecca during the hajj period murdering thousands of innocents similar to 9/11 because they were trying to force the Sausis to stop selling us oil. Do you think, the Saudis would have a vested interest with us to eliminate these hippie freaks?
    I see what you're saying, but that isn't an equal comparison. We were attacked once, according to our government, by a terrorist cell from another country on our own soil. It wasn't the direct slaughter of thousands. Also, just because a terrorist cell makes an attack it doesn't justify occupying the entire country they are based in, at that country's great expense and our own. We don't need knee-jerk occupations and bombings. And yes, civilian casualties have been a part of almost every major war or conflict, but that doesn't mean we should brush them aside as a given stat. These are real people with real lives and we should always be striving to minimize and negate all unnecessary damage to lives and land.

    Also, in your scenario, the Saudis would be working with us to find this terrorist group. But, from what I can tell, we've just put Iraq and Afganistan to work for us. That is a big problem that I have with how America views its military use. It is just "might makes right" all over the place.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    If Pakistan, or any other country, wants to, they can shoot them down.
    Just like we would if someone flew drones over the US and refused to stop.

  4. #34
    User Evolvepeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    robot army = Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or spy?-roomba-jpg

    Obviously, some pretty great oversight is needed in that kind of R&D. Lockheed Martin not allowed.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Would you be okay with other nations sending drones into your country to kill or spy on people? I decided to come up with this poll question because I have been thinking for awhile about how our government sends drones into Pakistan to kill people that if I was the citizens of that country the Pakistani politicians who gave the okay for such a thing would be getting lynched and publicly executed for allowing such a breach of sovereignty for the civilian causalities those drone strike sometimes cause.


    Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill and or spy on people?

    Yes
    No
    I do not know
    No because my country is the United States of America, I do however support this activity in Pakistan. It isn't about fairness, it's about utility and who I believe is right. The world is not run on the strut of moral equivalency and equity. Thank god for that.

  6. #36
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Here's a clue:

    LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

  7. #37
    Professor
    gavinfielder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,748

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    However, a big factor is America can and they can't. I also thnk America enjoys a unique position in the world that makes it okay for us. Sorry if that sounds arrogant, just being honest.

    Ps. I think it's okay for China and Japan to send drones into North Korea if they had them. I think it's okay for Nigeria, Kenya or South Africa to send drones into other African countries experiencing instability or conflict.
    Instability and conflict is not justification for murder. It's the cause of it.
    "Advocates of capitalism are apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: the fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate." - Bertrand Russell

  8. #38
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    I have never seen how Americans can rationalize the idea of shooting a drone and killing civilians in another country, because they were aiming for an enemy of the state. If the United States was the victim of this from another country, there would be severe repercussions. Why the double standard. We need to play by the rules that all countries play under.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I have never seen how Americans can rationalize the idea of shooting a drone and killing civilians in another country, because they were aiming for an enemy of the state. If the United States was the victim of this from another country, there would be severe repercussions. Why the double standard. We need to play by the rules that all countries play under.
    If Pakistan, or any other country, wants to, they can shoot the drones down.
    Just like we would if someone flew drones over the US and refused to stop.

  10. #40
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Should it be okay for other nations to send drones into your country to kill or s

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    If Pakistan, or any other country, wants to, they can shoot the drones down.
    Just like we would if someone flew drones over the US and refused to stop.
    Ok, even so, how can you say it is ok to kill innocent people? Since 2001 the United States has killed over 3,000 Pakistani civilians alone with drones. On top of that there are also civilian casualties in other countries such as Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, and other nations in the middle east and africa. These attacks might be killing combatants, but it is also severing any chance at a peaceful future with these nations. We all know this began with a war about Oil, and has evolved since then because we played world police, and made enemies. It is due time we stop making more by killing civilians.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •