View Poll Results: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 26.14%
  • No

    65 73.86%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 227

Thread: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You may rightly criticizing him for being slow to correct. I do that. But it simply is not the scandal some are trying to make it. A coverup requires much, much more. it is like with nearly ever criticism of Obama, some feel the need to try and hype it. For the life of me I don't understand why your side has to destroy any real criticism by jumping off hyperbole mountain. It destroys your credibility when you do that, giving him a pass because few reasonable people will go with you.
    Witnesses and the authorities have called Ahmed Abu Khattala one of the ringleaders of the Sept. 11 attack on the American diplomatic mission here. But just days after President Obama reasserted his vow to bring those responsible to justice, Mr. Abu Khattala spent two leisurely hours on Thursday evening at a crowded luxury hotel, sipping a strawberry frappe on a patio and scoffing at the threats coming from the American and Libyan governments.

    Libya’s fledgling national army is a “national chicken,” Mr. Abu Khattala said, using an Arabic rhyme. Asked who should take responsibility for apprehending the mission’s attackers, he smirked at the idea that the weak Libyan government could possibly do it. And he accused the leaders of the United States of “playing with the emotions of the American people” and “using the consulate attack just to gather votes for their elections.” Mr. Abu Khattala’s defiance — no authority has even questioned him about the attack, he said, and he has no plans to go into hiding — offered insight into the shadowy landscape of the self-formed militias that have come to constitute the only source of social order in Libya since the fall of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi.

    A few, like the militia group Ansar al-Shariah that is linked to Mr. Abu Khattala and that officials in Washington and Tripoli agree was behind the attack, have embraced an extremist ideology hostile to the West and nursed ambitions to extend it over Libya. But also troubling to the United States is the evident tolerance shown by other militias allied with the government, which have so far declined to take any action against suspects in the Benghazi attack.

    Although Mr. Abu Khattala said he was not a member of Al Qaeda, he declared he would be proud to be associated with Al Qaeda’s puritanical zeal for Islamic law. And he said that the United States had its own foreign policy to blame for the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. “Why is the United States always trying to impose its ideology on everyone else?” he asked. “Why is it always trying to use force to implement its agendas?”

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/wo...bal-home&_r=1&

    From the NY Times.....Problem is, Libya is who will be destroys his credibility and then himself and his own people.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Edumatcation is great!

    Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    And it is not actually clear that the President denied anything. You are simply jumping at what you want to be true and dismissing everything you don't like as false.
    Back to my questions. What major laws did the President break? The answer is none.
    What did the President do that caused him trouble? The answer is that he tried to cover up the burglary because it involved his re-election committee.
    Why was the President threatened with impeachment? Because he lied to the American people.

    When the Consulate was attacked had president Obama done anything wrong? There is insufficient information to answer.
    What did the President do that caused him trouble? He refused to provide effective, armed support to the Benghazi defenders. Four of them were murdered. Then he and his minions lied to the American people.

  3. #173
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You may rightly criticizing him for being slow to correct. I do that. But it simply is not the scandal some are trying to make it. A coverup requires much, much more. it is like with nearly ever criticism of Obama, some feel the need to try and hype it. For the life of me I don't understand why your side has to destroy any real criticism by jumping off hyperbole mountain. It destroys your credibility when you do that, giving him a pass because few reasonable people will go with you.
    There is no rhetoric in the facts presented at the hearing. The facts are that the Obama administration knew within 24 hours, but continued to deceive us for another two weeks. This is no statement of opinion, nor an attempt to persuade people to hate Obama. Those are the facts.

    What is my opinion, is that people should take being lied to more seriously, especially when coming from the President himself. I think people should be very serious about this event no only because of the lie, but because of the foreign policy failures that lead up to it and that could potentially lead to more attacks.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?



    President Barack Obama on Friday forcefully denied deliberately misleading Americans about the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi, telling radio host Michael Smerconish, "I've always been straight with the American people."

    Asked whether the administration's shifting explanation for the September 11 strike reflected the intelligence he was receiving, Obama replied: "What's true is that the intelligence was coming in and evolving as more information came up.

    "And what is true," he continued, "...This is something that the American people can take to the bank—is that my administration plays this stuff straight. We don't play politics when it comes to American national security," the president said. "As information came in we gave it to the American people. And as we got new information, we gave that to the American people."

    Asked whether he knew Americans in Libya had asked for more security, Obama replied: "I was not personally aware of any request. Obviously we have an infrastructure that's set up to manage requests like that," in reference to the State Department.....snip~

    Obama rebuts claims he


    He has always been straight with the American People.....does anyone actually believe this point Obama make? Is that why there are leaks coming out of the WH all because he always plays it straight with the American people? Or is that so he can influence the MSM with whatever story he wants to project. Head them off at the pass so to speak. Get in those diversions and deflections so focus doesn't force them to come up with answers.

  5. #175
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    President Barack Obama on Friday forcefully denied deliberately misleading Americans about the deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi, telling radio host Michael Smerconish, "I've always been straight with the American people."

    Asked whether the administration's shifting explanation for the September 11 strike reflected the intelligence he was receiving, Obama replied: "What's true is that the intelligence was coming in and evolving as more information came up.

    "And what is true," he continued, "...This is something that the American people can take to the bank—is that my administration plays this stuff straight. We don't play politics when it comes to American national security," the president said. "As information came in we gave it to the American people. And as we got new information, we gave that to the American people."

    Asked whether he knew Americans in Libya had asked for more security, Obama replied: "I was not personally aware of any request. Obviously we have an infrastructure that's set up to manage requests like that," in reference to the State Department.....snip~

    Obama rebuts claims he


    He has always been straight with the American People.....does anyone actually believe this point Obama make? Is that why there are leaks coming out of the WH all because he always plays it straight with the American people? Or is that so he can influence the MSM with whatever story he wants to project. Head them off at the pass so to speak. Get in those diversions and deflections so focus doesn't force them to come up with answers.
    I don't believe a word of it. As I said before, the facts are that they knew within 24 hours yet continued to tell us otherwise for the next two weeks. If they weren't misleading us, then what was it if they had already known?

    Perhaps if Obama read his security briefings he would have know (I think he did know anyway).

    I think Obama is still lying about the whole thing. He's trying to take the same approach he did with Romney's "5 trillion added" thing. He thinks if he says it enough that it will somehow become true.
    Last edited by Krystov; 11-03-12 at 12:31 PM.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  6. #176
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    It is a bit telling that this is the only reply to my post. Not one liberal, including the person I replied to, wanted to address the facts of the case or Obama's willingness to allow Americans to die when help was readily available, while blaming a youtube video.
    That's because they believe that it would be akin to blasphemous to defy, who Hannity creatively calls, the "Annointed One".
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  7. #177
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystov View Post
    That's because they believe that it would be akin to blasphemous to defy, who Hannity creatively calls, the "Annointed One".
    That and it is indefensible. You can't defend a President that stood by and watched Americans die.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystov View Post
    I don't believe a word of it. As I said before, the facts are that they knew within 24 hours yet continued to tell us otherwise for the next two weeks. If they weren't misleading us, then what was it if they had already known?

    I think Obama is still lying about the whole thing. He's trying to take the same approach he did with Romney's "5 trillion added" thing. He thinks if he says it enough that it will somehow become true.
    I agree with ya.....plus like I said. The Undersecretary Kennedy had already questioned what took place and alluded to certain events.

    My question is who Sent Rice out to the talk Shows to run Cover for Obama? She is a disgrace and has proven she is totally inept in dealing with those overseas. In the UN she was out-witted, out-maneuvered, and out-played by the French. Myself I think it was Stephanie Cutter and both should pay the price for straight out lying to the American People.

  9. #179
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I agree with ya.....plus like I said. The Undersecretary Kennedy had already questioned what took place and alluded to certain events.

    My question is who Sent Rice out to the talk Shows to run Cover for Obama? She is a disgrace and has proven she is totally inept in dealing with those overseas. In the UN she was out-witted, out-maneuvered, and out-played by the French. Myself I think it was Stephanie Cutter and both should pay the price for straight out lying to the American People.
    Stephanie Cutter has proven she's willing to lie to us. She formulated most of Obama's campaign on lies.

    The mere fact that this occurred on the anniversary of 9/11 should have made it obvious what happened.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Will the Libya scandal lose the election for Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystov View Post
    Stephanie Cutter has proven she's willing to lie to us. She formulated most of Obama's campaign on lies.

    The mere fact that this occurred on the anniversary of 9/11 should have made it obvious what happened.

    Yeah.....although I did vote no for this thread. As I don't think there is just one issue that will cause Obama to lose. There are a host of good reasons as to why.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •