View Poll Results: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd bear the child and raise it

    4 17.39%
  • Yes, I'd bear the child and give it up for adoption

    0 0%
  • No, I would have an abortion

    16 69.57%
  • No, I would seek out plan B, but if it didn't work I raise it

    0 0%
  • No, I would seek out plan B, but if it didn't work, I would give it up for adoption

    0 0%
  • Undecided/don't know

    3 13.04%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

  1. #1
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    This is a poll for women only. The comments regarding Richard Mourdock have me curious. Please men, try not to comment so we can have a pure women's perspective on this issue.
    Last edited by Green Balls; 10-24-12 at 11:40 PM.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  2. #2
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Do you mean raise her own child if that child conceived by sexual assault of her?

    The male version of that question is would you raise a child as your own if concieved by sexual assault of your wife/GF?

  3. #3
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Do you mean raise her own child if that child conceived by sexual assault of her?
    Yes, that is exactly what I mean.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    I voted I don't know because I don't see how anyone could know what they would do unless in that situation themselves. That is a really TOUGH question.

  5. #5
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The male version of that question is would you raise a child as your own if concieved by sexual assault of your wife/GF?
    I don't think that's even remotely comparable. And in my case, it's an absolute no-brainer-- if my woman gives me a child of course I'm going to raise it as my own, no matter how she got it. I'm certainly not going to add insult to injury by rejecting her offering at such a time.

  6. #6
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    I've droned on and on about this in this forum - so I don't need to rehash much. But unfortunately I have been molested and raped. Really - the only difference is age when it comes to applying the terms. It's all the same **** in the end. But when I think of this I think of two incidences that happened after my period started - because that carried the risk of actual pregnancy. The idea of carrying the child of my cousin - or old ****face hetch - is so disgusting it makes me sick to think of the possibilities - it could have happened so easily, too . . .just a few days earlier or later. *vomit* it just makes my skin crawl. Of course I'd abort - holy **** - without a doubt. Sorry - but there's no way anyone could convince me otherwise . . . If it's a matter of being moral vs immoral then I guess I'm just one hell of an immoral succubus from hell for not wanting to parent a child with my either of them.

    My cousin and some old twisted pervert from my dad's church.

    **** that - **** you if you think I should WANT to. You can . . . the nutty pro lifers can carry their Damned Daddy's babies all they want in some twisted family-triangle psycho **** circus all they damned well please.

    Not me.

    Oh no - no ****ing way.

    All of my children were conceived and carried out of love. Sure - it didn't all go well (ok - it was hell) - but it was a hell I opted for and decided I wanted and love was only thing that go me through it it all.

    Maybe if I was raped by more decent people who don't make me sick to my stomach to just remember I'd have a different view. But that's not the case - so I don't.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 10-24-12 at 11:57 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #7
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Gehrig View Post
    I don't think that's even remotely comparable. And in my case, it's an absolute no-brainer-- if my woman gives me a child of course I'm going to raise it as my own, no matter how she got it. I'm certainly not going to add insult to injury by rejecting her offering at such a time.

    You're a good man, Mr. Gehrig.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I've droned on and on about this in this forum - so I don't need to rehash much. But unfortunately I have been molested and raped. Really - the only difference is age when it comes to applying the terms. It's all the same **** in the end. But when I think of this I think of two incidences that happened after my period started - because that carried the risk of actual pregnancy. The idea of carrying the child of my cousin - or old ****face hetch - is so disgusting it makes me sick to think of the possibilities - it could have happened so easily, too . . .just a few days earlier or later. *vomit* it just makes my skin crawl. Of course I'd abort - holy **** - without a doubt. Sorry - but there's no way anyone could convince me otherwise . . . If it's a matter of being moral vs immoral then I guess I'm just one hell of an immoral succubus from hell for not wanting to parent a child with my either of them.

    My cousin and some old twisted pervert from my dad's church.

    **** that - **** you if you think I should WANT to. You can . . . the nutty pro lifers can carry their Damned Daddy's babies all they want in some twisted family-triangle psycho **** circus all they damned well please.

    Not me.

    Oh no - no ****ing way.
    ****ty situation to be in, really...and i'm sorry you had to endure such a thing once, let alone twice.

    I think whatever decision the woman makes is ok with me... I can understand wanting to abort, and I can understand wanting to keep it.

    i'm not sure why you feel the need to so badly insult folks who may handle the situation the opposite of how you may have..... that simply doesn't compute for me.

  9. #9
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I've droned on and on about this in this forum - so I don't need to rehash much. But unfortunately I have been molested and raped. Really - the only difference is age when it comes to applying the terms. It's all the same **** in the end. But when I think of this I think of two incidences that happened after my period started - because that carried the risk of actual pregnancy. The idea of carrying the child of my cousin - or old ****face hetch - is so disgusting it makes me sick to think of the possibilities - it could have happened so easily, too . . .just a few days earlier or later. *vomit* it just makes my skin crawl. Of course I'd abort - holy **** - without a doubt. Sorry - but there's no way anyone could convince me otherwise . . . If it's a matter of being moral vs immoral then I guess I'm just one hell of an immoral succubus from hell for not wanting to parent a child with my either of them.

    My cousin and some old twisted pervert from my dad's church.

    **** that - **** you if you think I should WANT to. You can . . . the nutty pro lifers can carry their Damned Daddy's babies all they want in some twisted family-triangle psycho **** circus all they damned well please.

    Not me.

    Oh no - no ****ing way.
    Thank you for opening up like that. As men and pro-lifers debate the morality in the abstract, all those platitudes reduce to nothing in the face of the actual reality.

    I wrote extensively on this topic too prior and don't think I care to post it all over again really. Her emotions also were an extreme emotional firestorm to extremes and dramatically altered her life in many ways.

  10. #10
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: For women: would you bear a child who was conceived from a rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    ****ty situation to be in, really...and i'm sorry you had to endure such a thing once, let alone twice.

    I think whatever decision the woman makes is ok with me... I can understand wanting to abort, and I can understand wanting to keep it.

    i'm not sure why you feel the need to so badly insult folks who may handle the situation the opposite of how you may have..... that simply doesn't compute for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Thank you for opening up like that. As men and pro-lifers debate the morality in the abstract, all those platitudes reduce to nothing in the face of the actual reality.

    I wrote extensively on this topic too prior and don't think I care to post it all over again really. Her emotions also were an extreme emotional firestorm to extremes and dramatically altered her life in many ways.
    I shouldn't - but I get overly emotional when I consider my experiences and that does come out in what I type - it's an ongoing problem, the only topic that gets me unhinged.

    In all due fairness - I've met a mother who kept and raised her child from a rape and I thought she was awesome for it.

    I do have a serious problem when it comes to choosing to keep a child if it's from *family* - that just crosses some lines that I cannot comprehend at all. Since that's my experience - that taints all of my views heavily, even now. I end up thinking through it this way every time it's discussed: "if I was pregnant with my cousin's child - *then* in order for me to keep it I would have had to literally be insane." . . . that's as close as I can get to being 'reasonable' on it when people ask for objectivity. I just don't have it.

    And so I should probably just lay that out and just walk away from the thread because we all know how it'll go - some certain individuals will say the same things - I'll get my heckles up - infractions like party favors and banning.

    In the past I was told I was 'favoring to punish the child for the wrongs of my cousin' (ok -stressing we're talking about a fictitious child in light of a real situation that occurred) and yep - I agree. . . those are my feelings. I loath his being so much much I think I'd probably try to kill him if I ever met him - and I wouldn't give two flying ****s about his stupid 'kid' if I was pregnant with it. I don't think it's a hatred I'll ever get over - not that I'm trying to, apparently.

    Of course - as also discussed endlessly in this forum - pregnancy is hell for me so I imagine going through that - for my cousin . . . no, just doesn't compute as something I could ever tolerate. It would just rot me from the inside out. I honestly think the disgust and stress would just do me in in some bizarro psychosematic self damning or something.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 10-25-12 at 12:14 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •