View Poll Results: Is the US government too big?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    48 81.36%
  • No

    8 13.56%
  • Dunno

    3 5.08%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Is the US government too big?

  1. #31
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    the real question should be how much larger is the federal government than it should be?

  2. #32
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. I'm saying your constant need to bring up some preprogrammed keyword is a bit annoying. Your message is, well, removed from any sort of approach by mere mortals.
    Of course it should be.

    They say that an effective slave does not see the chains that bind him

    What choice do the citizens of the USA have in the upcoming presidential election?

    I see that The Obama fund campaign generated 181 million dollars just in the last month.

    Lol

    Anybody can be president in the USA

    The president and congress represents YOU!

    Lol

  3. #33
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    I think we should hold our politicians to the same rules at my job. A short bit of background...my best friend works in the same field as me. In fact, his company is a client of my company. We can still be friends, but we have to be careful what information we share with each other about our jobs/companies because there is a conflict of interest.

    Our politicians can be friends with CEOs, but they should not be getting close with each other on the job. There is a conflict of interest that leads to bills created to "help out" their buddies. If I exchanged company information with my friend, I would be fired. The same should apply for our politicians. They should be fired for helping out their buddies.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  4. #34
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,432

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Interesting approach - I believe that's the option Hitler preferred
    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    You seem more concerned in worshiping the same ideals as Hitler did,

    You're a Hitler. You're a Hitler! Everyone's a Hitler!! Woohooo!


    Seriously, that's your argument?

  5. #35
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,751

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    I'd say we spend too much on the pentagon. there are other areas we could cut, and some we could expand. it's a little more complex than "too big."
    In my perfect world, by far the largest segment of any government's spending would be on defensive military/intelligence projects.

    But by that I don't mean it would be vastly increased, but rather that everything else would be vastly decreased or eliminated.


    Of course I know that's very unlikely and possibly unworkable, but there you are. It's just that I think that the role of a government should be mainly focused on protecting its citizens from outside threats and in general leave everything else alone.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #36
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You're a Hitler. You're a Hitler! Everyone's a Hitler!! Woohooo!


    Seriously, that's your argument?
    I am not concerned with arguments and rhetorical banter

    Have you ever delt with the facts concerning your Corpocratic crime syndicate?

    Try it sometime - its very liberating - especially when they are true

  7. #37
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,432

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    I am not concerned with arguments and rhetorical banter
    I can see the first part, but the second... What's calling people Hitler if not rhetoric? Propaganda?

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    I know the US government is "too big to fail" but that's not what this thread is about.

    So, is the US government too big, what say you?
    I'd partly agree.

    Some areas of government are to big and some are too small. Personally, if we shrunk the defense budget, removed various functions of law enforcement, stopped stimulus money, and increased the budget for education and environmental protection, I'd be thrilled. The government isn't too big, but it's priorities are skewed.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,062

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Depends on how you define freedom
    The question is... how do you define freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,062

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    I am not concerned with arguments and rhetorical banter

    Have you ever delt with the facts concerning your Corpocratic crime syndicate?

    Try it sometime - its very liberating - especially when they are true
    I saw a "cheers" by you... where do you live? UK? Aussie? NZ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •