View Poll Results: Is the US government too big?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    48 81.36%
  • No

    8 13.56%
  • Dunno

    3 5.08%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Is the US government too big?

  1. #21
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Oh. Give. It. A. Break.
    What give the "truth" a break???

    Interesting approach - I believe that's the option Hitler preferred

  2. #22
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    nothing has changed

    the freedom you believe you have now is an illusion

    There has NEVER been a democracy in the USA

    THe current Corpocracy Rules like a tyrannical fascist monster - there can only be ONE way out of this mess

    You know what to do
    By your logic nobody in human history as ever had nor ever will have freedom...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    What give the "truth" a break???

    Interesting approach - I believe that's the option Hitler preferred
    No. Give your schtick a break.

    Are you like this around people in your real life? Because if you are, you need to work on a more subtle approach to your schtick.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #24
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    I know the US government is "too big to fail" but that's not what this thread is about.

    So, is the US government too big, what say you?
    It depends on what sector of society you're talking about.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  5. #25
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. Give your schtick a break.

    Are you like this around people in your real life? Because if you are, you need to work on a more subtle approach to your schtick.
    Schtick??

    Are you imposing an argumentative regime of subtlety specifically designed for me?

    Interesting, I can see why some of my comments annoy you (or perhaps they morally challenge you? Nobody actually knows, because your stance is unknown)

    Tell me something, why would the method of delivery or style, detract from the message or the content of any statement made in here?

    So perhaps it may be useful to mount counter arguments rather than inserting trivial petty comments about delivery style.

    The fact that you have resorted to this says a lot about you as a person and not me

    Cheers

  6. #26
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    You're not paying close attention
    Try to concentrate and focus on the words and their order in the sentences you read.
    Could help
    Use some new words and maybe someone might pay attention. At least a broken record had a little rhythm. I tried to engage you to see if you could have a discussion and to attempt to understand your devotion to Chomsky. Your response was disappointing, smug and scatological.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  7. #27
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    By your logic nobody in human history as ever had nor ever will have freedom...
    Depends on how you define freedom

  8. #28
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,343

    Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No. Give your schtick a break.

    Are you like this around people in your real life? Because if you are, you need to work on a more subtle approach to your schtick.
    You tried. Unfortunately we likely are the people in the Klown Kollege.
    People in Dubai don't like the Flintstones but people in Abu Dhabi do

  9. #29
    Educator Klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-14-12 @ 04:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    982

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Use some new words and maybe someone might pay attention. At least a broken record had a little rhythm. I tried to engage you to see if you could have a discussion and to attempt to understand your devotion to Chomsky. Your response was disappointing, smug and scatological.
    You seem more concerned in worshiping the same ideals as Hitler did, so why would anything Noam says draw your attention?

    why would you you take personal offense when criticism is directed at US foreign policy or its fascist corpocratic tentacles?

    Perhaps you should do something about it, you do live there don't you?

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Is the US government too big?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    Schtick??

    Are you imposing an argumentative regime of subtlety specifically designed for me?

    Interesting, I can see why some of my comments annoy you (or perhaps they morally challenge you? Nobody actually knows, because your stance is unknown)

    Tell me something, why would the method of delivery or style, detract from the message or the content of any statement made in here?

    So perhaps it may be useful to mount counter arguments rather than inserting trivial petty comments about delivery style.

    The fact that you have resorted to this says a lot about you as a person and not me

    Cheers
    No. I'm saying your constant need to bring up some preprogrammed keyword is a bit annoying. Your message is, well, removed from any sort of approach by mere mortals.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •