View Poll Results: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    93 69.92%
  • Yes

    18 13.53%
  • I like Mashed Potatoes

    22 16.54%
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 509

Thread: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    That explains your position on muslims.

    By your logic every muslim is waiting in line for their bomb vest.
    Yup, just like all liberals are baby killers, and all conservatives hate women. We're all just a bunch of extremists here.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    No, the possibility for sharia law in the USA is nonexistent at the moment.

    It is however a very real threat in the UK and France. A small threat, but a real one.
    coughbollockscough
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    coughbollockscough
    which part? care to expand?

  4. #354
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    which part? care to expand?
    the fact that its a threat in the UK or France.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #355
    Professor
    Glowpun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,709

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Well, it seems the extremist wing of the Republican Party could go for something like it. But in the muslim world sharia law is what one makes of it.

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    the fact that its a threat in the UK or France.
    So the fact that numerous women are subjected to vile treatment from muslim extremists in those countries is not a threat.

    the fact that in the UK, for 1 year, certain producers were forced to prepare meat in the islamic way (halal) and had no obligation to inform the citizens whom, the majority aren't muslim, that said meat was prepared in that way... because they knew that if they put it on the label, no good brit would ever purchase that meat and support the barbarism that goes along with it. After 1 year and constant work from activist groups, there was a law passed that said that meat producers and distributors have the duty to inform people which meat is made according to islamic doctrine and which isn't.

    Also, the fact that a certain part of London has already been all but abandoned by the police and gang of huligans enforce sharia law on all the people there, whether they want it or not.

  7. #357
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    So the fact that numerous women are subjected to vile treatment from muslim extremists in those countries is not a threat.
    Numerous women throughout history have been the subject of vile treatment by those who possess the XY chromosome.I see you have the male symbol under your profile.
    Are you a threat to women?
    Criminals,thugs,and wannabe dictators have always been a threat to mankind since recorded history.
    No ideology has ever been immune to being twisted by nutjobs intent on doing wrong.


    What's exactly the point you are getting at?
    It is well known that muslim extremists are dangerous.
    Are they an imminent threat HERE?
    If so please provide evidence.
    Because no one here seems to be able to do just that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    the fact that in the UK, for 1 year, certain producers were forced to prepare meat in the islamic way (halal) and had no obligation to inform the citizens whom, the majority aren't muslim, that said meat was prepared in that way... because they knew that if they put it on the label, no good brit would ever purchase that meat and support the barbarism that goes along with it. After 1 year and constant work from activist groups, there was a law passed that said that meat producers and distributors have the duty to inform people which meat is made according to islamic doctrine and which isn't.
    Links would be nice.
    But be that as it may,so a bunch of nutjobs tried a scheme that eventually failed.
    The fact is also,as you yourself stated above,that there were activists who managed to get that heinous practice stopped.
    That's what activists are for.

    We have plenty of agencies in the US,both government and grassroots,that will do what it takes to protect us from Sharia Law.
    I for one fully support them in their efforts to protect us from extremist from ANY ideology.

    We don't need evil madmen with their own agendas to egg on torch bearing mobs screaming "Kill the Muslims" to protect us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Also, the fact that a certain part of London has already been all but abandoned by the police and gang of huligans enforce sharia law on all the people there, whether they want it or not.
    Sounds like Britain has a law enforcement problem to me.
    I have no problem with SWAT TEAMS and even the military swooping down and kicking the living snot out of these criminal elements and restoring law and order.
    Maybe if Britain had a 2nd Amendment like we do ,those people trapped in those houligan controlled areas could arm and defend themselves.
    What neither the US or the UK needs is armed lynch mobs pulling muslims out of their homes and hanging them from trees simply because they are muslim.
    And we don't need to further shed our Constitution to pieces just to protect a few paranoid people (not necessarily referring to you, Rainman05) on this thread who seem to think there are MOOOOOOOSLEMS HIDING UNDER EVERYONES BED WAITING TO GIT YA.
    Last edited by Verthaine; 10-26-12 at 08:29 AM.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    So the fact that numerous women are subjected to vile treatment from muslim extremists in those countries is not a threat.

    the fact that in the UK, for 1 year, certain producers were forced to prepare meat in the islamic way (halal) and had no obligation to inform the citizens whom, the majority aren't muslim, that said meat was prepared in that way... because they knew that if they put it on the label, no good brit would ever purchase that meat and support the barbarism that goes along with it. After 1 year and constant work from activist groups, there was a law passed that said that meat producers and distributors have the duty to inform people which meat is made according to islamic doctrine and which isn't.

    Also, the fact that a certain part of London has already been all but abandoned by the police and gang of huligans enforce sharia law on all the people there, whether they want it or not.
    any links? Oh and what part of London was that?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Numerous women throughout history have been the subject of vile treatment by those who possess the XY chromosome.I see you have the male symbol under your profile.
    Are you a threat to women? No, but I am not a madman or subject to the extremism of any religion.
    Criminals,thugs,and wannabe dictators have always been a threat to mankind since recorded history. true
    No ideology has ever been immune to being twisted by nutjobs intent on doing wrong.also true, but this doesn't excuse the current garden variety of extremism


    What's exactly the point you are getting at?
    It is well known that muslim extremists are dangerous.
    Are they an imminent threat HERE?
    If so please provide evidence.
    Because no one here seems to be able to do just that.

    sure.



    Links would be nice. at the end
    But be that as it may,so a bunch of nutjobs tried a scheme that eventually failed.
    The fact is also,as you yourself stated above,that there were activists who managed to get that heinous practice stopped.
    That's what activists are for. those activists weren't islamic activists. Also, it wasn't that practice that stopped. it was the fact that if a certain meat product would be obtained by use of that method, it would appear on the label. The practice of halal to prepare meat is very much a reality... it is just not hidden anymore.

    We have plenty of agencies in the US,both government and grassroots,that will do what it takes to protect us from Sharia Law.
    I for one fully support them in their efforts to protect us from extremist from ANY ideology.

    good.

    We don't need evil madmen with their own agendas to egg on torch bearing mobs screaming "Kill the Muslims" to protect us.

    Who said kill the muslims? I really abhor genocide or such notions.

    Sounds like Britain has a law enforcement problem to me.
    I have no problem with SWAT TEAMS and even the military swooping down and kicking the living snot out of these criminal elements and restoring law and order.
    Maybe if Britain had a 2nd Amendment like we do ,those people trapped in those houligan controlled areas could arm and defend themselves.
    What neither the US or the UK needs is armed lynch mobs pulling muslims out of their homes and hanging them from trees simply because they are muslim.
    And we don't need to further shed our Constitution to pieces just to protect a few paranoid people (not necessarily referring to you, Rainman05) on this thread who seem to think there are MOOOOOOOSLEMS HIDING UNDER EVERYONES BED WAITING TO GIT YA.
    Yes, well, if you knew how the british police operates, you would be shocked. They are very restricted in what they can and can't do. This however, isn't the problem... or rather, wouldn't be a problem if all people would behave properly as the british behave. But they don't. You have a lot of violent gangs (mostly muslim) who benefit from the restrictiveness of the law enforcement.

    Links. From the beginning:

    Islam in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Only 7% of Muslims in Britain think of themselves as British first, with 81% thinking of themselves as Muslim first.
    --> hence, the problem... if they would think themselves as british and do what the brits do, then the police enforcement level would be adequate.
    36% of 16-24 year olds believe if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death, compared to 19% of 55+ year old Muslims.
    --> hence, the existence of groups all over place with many muslims which help muslim converts to escape the persecution of their former religion.
    A survey of 1000 young British Muslims revealed that there has been a rise in Islamic fundamentalism amongst the younger generation.
    --> need I say more? Granted, I hate the fact that the survey is so small...so I can't hazzard to say a number or a %, but it is a clear trend.
    13% of 16-24 year olds admire organisations like Al-Qaeda compared to 3% of 55+ year olds.
    --> There was an article in which the former head of some secret service... I think the SIS said that there is an increasing number of homegrown terrorists that arrived with the immigration population.
    68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam
    --> allahu akhbar

    Since self-segregation is the natural way of things, arabs usually congregate in certain places. Like Birmingham, Bradford and N, NE London. This is also where you get islamic extremism as a festering point.

    This is domestic terrorism: Sharia Law: Battlefield London - YouTube
    Sharia courts conquer UK - YouTube
    Revealed: the true extent of Islamic radical influence at UCL - Telegraph
    English law is fair to women, not 'unfair’ to Muslims - Telegraph
    Al-Muhajiroun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- a now banned organization... along with numerous other muslim organization because they were considered terrorist organization.
    And literally, dozens of more links. All you need to do is google it. Islam is a threat. A small threat, but a growing one, in the UK and France and Germany, where islamic populations are on the rise due to stupid immigration laws and the great compromisers who lead the EU and the sovereign states that are part of it.

  10. #360
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Yes, well, if you knew how the british police operates, you would be shocked. They are very restricted in what they can and can't do.
    No offense to the British,but that's their problem,not mine.I don't live in England.
    We seem to do things differently here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    This however, isn't the problem... or rather, wouldn't be a problem if all people would behave properly as the british behave. But they don't. You have a lot of violent gangs (mostly muslim) who benefit from the restrictiveness of the law enforcement.
    Again,not my problem.

    We have a lot of violent gangs of all colors,religions and ethnicities here in the US.
    Prove to me that the majority of gangs here in the US are muslim,and you may have a point.
    I prefer our law enforcements agencies deal with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Links. From the beginning:

    Islam in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Only 7% of Muslims in Britain think of themselves as British first, with 81% thinking of themselves as Muslim first.
    --> hence, the problem... if they would think themselves as british and do what the brits do, then the police enforcement level would be adequate.
    36% of 16-24 year olds believe if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death, compared to 19% of 55+ year old Muslims.
    --> hence, the existence of groups all over place with many muslims which help muslim converts to escape the persecution of their former religion.
    A survey of 1000 young British Muslims revealed that there has been a rise in Islamic fundamentalism amongst the younger generation.
    --> need I say more? Granted, I hate the fact that the survey is so small...so I can't hazzard to say a number or a %, but it is a clear trend.
    13% of 16-24 year olds admire organisations like Al-Qaeda compared to 3% of 55+ year olds.
    --> There was an article in which the former head of some secret service... I think the SIS said that there is an increasing number of homegrown terrorists that arrived with the immigration population.
    68% of British Muslims support the arrest and prosecution of anyone who insults Islam
    --> allahu akhbar
    So?
    I live in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Since self-segregation is the natural way of things, arabs usually congregate in certain places. Like Birmingham, Bradford and N, NE London. This is also where you get islamic extremism as a festering point.
    May I point out that not all arabs are muslim.
    And if islamic extremism is festering over there,that is still a law enforcement problem.

    But if you had the power to deal with that "festering problem" PLEASE BY ALL MEANS DO TELL HOW YOU WOULD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    This is domestic terrorism: Sharia Law: Battlefield London - YouTube
    Sharia courts conquer UK - YouTube
    Revealed: the true extent of Islamic radical influence at UCL - Telegraph
    English law is fair to women, not 'unfair’ to Muslims - Telegraph
    Al-Muhajiroun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- a now banned organization... along with numerous other muslim organization because they were considered terrorist organization.
    And literally, dozens of more links. All you need to do is google it.
    Wow,that's a lot of links.You must not have much of a life.
    If it is all the same to you,if I'm going to research anything,if I am going to google anything,it's going to be new recipes and cooking techniques so I can better serve my customers.
    That way,I can make more money and better provide for my family,
    Because that's what real men do.
    Provide for their families.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Islam is a threat. A small threat, but a growing one, in the UK and France and Germany, where islamic populations are on the rise due to stupid immigration laws and the great compromisers who lead the EU and the sovereign states that are part of it.
    Last time I checked.I was living in the good ol'e U.S. of A.
    Not Britain, not France,and not Germany.

    The OP here is not "is Islam a threat",but is "Sharia a real possibility in the US".
    And no one has proven that it is.
    So I am really not all that worried about that.

    In the town I live in,there are 4 muslim families.
    A Moroccan and his wife who owns a very nice resturant.
    A astrophysics professor and his family.
    The chief radiologist (from Pakistan) and his family at the hospital my wife works at.(My wife and his go to the nail salon all the time).
    And some guy who owns a string of gas stations.

    The first three I've all met,and they seem like very nice people to me.
    Me,the professorand the Moroccan go fishing together all the time.
    The guy who owns the gas stations puts the "flame" in "flaming gay".
    So I really don't think he's an Islamic extremist.

    So what exactly do people like you want from people like me,huh Rainman05?

    On post #346 I already stated:

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    There are plenty of dangerous wackadoodle ideologies out there.
    Hell,I live a quarter of a mile away from a couple of neo-nazi's.
    The questions are" how imminent a threat to this country are they?
    And what exactly do you want us to do about it?

    I can't speak for anyone else on this thread,but :
    I fully support our government's efforts to root out and destroy terrorists organizations.
    I fully support our government hunting down terrorists and bringing them to justice.
    I fully support our government cutting off funds for terrorist organizations.
    I fully support our government preventing terrorists and people with terrorist ties from entering our country.
    I fully support our government and law enforcement agencies prevent terrorist cells in this country from implementing attacks on our soil and prosecuting those involved to the fullest .

    What I do not and will not support is invading Muslim countries just to convert them to Christianity (the Anne Coulter approach)
    What I do not and will not support is legislation denying law abiding muslims or entry into and the right emigrate to our country.
    What I do not and will not support is legislature turning law abiding muslims american or any other law abiding minority american into second class citizens by denying them the right to vote,run for office,own property,etc.
    What I do not and will not support is shipping muslims into "ghettos" or internment camps.
    What I will not do is automatically fear and hate all muslims in general just because some of the sociopaths that infest this forum probably believe I should.
    So what more do you want?
    I already have a C&C permit.
    I have a number of legal guns and ammunition stockpiled.
    I go to the gunrange every week.
    I have a state of the art security system at home.
    Me and the Missus have our "bug-out bags" and a number of escape routes.
    Again I ask,what more do you want?

    Like I said in the quote,there are wingnuts wanting to kill us all over the place.
    I can't waste time worrying about some muslims in Europe when some lunatic with a internet ordered arsenal can walk into the supermarket me and my wife shops at or a movie theater we are in and open fire.
    I can walk 5 blocks past my restaurant and end up being shot by some gangbanger who mistakes me for someone else.

    If you and anyone else on this forum feel that Islam is a threat,then you need to do what you need to do to protect yourselves (within legal limits).
    I have always been a firm supporter of the right to defend one's self,one's freedom,one's family,and one's property.
    If you perceive Islam as a threat,then that is your right to do so.
    You do what you need to do to protect yourselves,your loved ones, your rights and your property.I wouldn't dream of trying to stop you.
    Nor will I question why you feel they are a threat.
    You have the right to perceive a threat and protect yourselves from it.

    And so do I.
    I have a right to perceive threats and protect myself,my wife,my children and grandchildren by any legal means necessary.
    If you see Islam as a threat,and that well may be.
    I've asked repeatedly for someone to give men evidence that Islam is about to attack ME and no one has.
    So Islam to me is some far away distant threat.I'll keep a watch out just in case it gets closer to me and my family.,
    And we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

    But from some of the things people like you, Mardsen, and other have been posting on this thread,I'm beginning to wonder if people like you and a few others aren't becoming a more immediate and closer threat to me and my family's well being and freedom.

    Some of you seem to have no problem disregarding our Constitution and Laws in your quest to protect yourselves from Islam.
    I will do whatever it takes to protect myself and my family from the fear mongers,the hatemongers,and the petty wannabe tyrants on this forum and in the world in general.
    You have your boogyman,and I have mine.

    You say you abhor genocide and such notions,but why should I believe you?
    I don't know you from Adam.
    I don't know if you have plans for getting into power,enacting laws that prevent ALL muslims from immigrating here.
    I don't know if you have plans of getting into power,and tossing all Muslims (and those of us who protest that) into concentration camps.
    For all I know,you could be cutting the power to my security system as I write this,breaking into my window,and climbing upstairs with the intent of killing me and raping my wife.
    There was a series of break-ins in my neighborhood not that long ago.
    That is a more immediate threat to me than Islam is.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •