View Poll Results: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    93 69.92%
  • Yes

    18 13.53%
  • I like Mashed Potatoes

    22 16.54%
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 509

Thread: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Im asking this question because of some of the people I have encountered that want extra laws made banning it and they say they would never vote for ANY Muslim politician because of it.

    SO I ask, do you fear Sharia Law and think its a possibility here in the US.

    I do not.

    You know - it is rather interesting watching how some individuals use their brains.

    The bias with which people bring to life, I think speaks to something much deeper than their political beliefs. I think it speaks volumes about their education and their parental rearing. On the one hand, you've got people who you say claim that they won't vote for a Muslim. Yet, these vary same people seem to have no problem whatsoever, voting for someone who is actively seeking to become a god.

    The implication in saying one won't vote for a Muslim, is that there is something wrong with Islamic beliefs. Yet, these very same people seem to drop any attempt at making the same implication when it comes to supporting one who honestly beliefs that his life on this planet, is one of the stages to becoming a god.

    I find this willful stratification of one's own personal beliefs about what's supportable and what's not supportable, to be an amazing contradiction. But, of course, that's what we love to do as human beings is it not - contradict ourselves into oblivion.

    In other words, its "OK" to support someone seeking to become a god, but not "OK" to support someone who follows Mohammad. Now, I personally belief that both views are wrong and have no real historical basis for being true. When you study both Mormonism and Islam, you find glaring contradictions in both their doctrines and not just logical contradictions but, but historical and archaeological contradictions as well.

    Still, the idea that someone would not take the time to understand the beliefs of the candidate they support, yet be in full opposition to another based upon -guess what- their beliefs, is strikingly hypocritical to me.

    No, of course not. The U.S. Constitution is not in danger as a result of any threat of instantiation of Sharia Law.
    Last edited by PW4000; 10-22-12 at 04:33 PM.

  2. #292
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Obviously I am not? Riiiighht...

    Look, I have ALREADY POSTED NEWS ARTICLES that show that they ALREADY HAVE A FOOTHOLD.

    Remain ignorant if you like.

    I am not saying they will win, just that to blow it off as impossible is literally the mindset of a ignorant person. Sharia is not compatable with our Constitution and most Americans will not want Sharia in our Courts... but it is already happening because butt headed Judges are making personal rulings. This needs to be addressed and fixed.
    as soon as the constitution is renounced by the american government I'll get worried. Until then, its all fear mongering.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,000

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    as soon as the constitution is renounced by the american government I'll get worried. Until then, its all fear mongering.
    Except that it is already actually happening... so no, it is not just fear mongering. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #294
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,000

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by PW4000 View Post
    No, of course not. The U.S. Constitution is not in danger as a result of any threat of instantiation of Sharia Law.
    Prove it because I have already proven that there is some danger...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #295
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Except that it is already actually happening... so no, it is not just fear mongering. *shrugs*
    Not even remotely happening. its fear mongering and displays an unbelievable ignorance of the very foundations of the nation. The constitution is a tad stronger than any religious law could ever be. '
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  6. #296
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Prove it because I have already proven that there is some danger...
    I may have come into the thread late and missed this. Would you point out where you showed the danger?

    We should watch England and see how they are getting along with their Sharia courts. It hasn't mollified the Muslim contingent there at all. Apparently, the exception doesn't work.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  7. #297
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,000

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Not even remotely happening. its fear mongering and displays an unbelievable ignorance of the very foundations of the nation. The constitution is a tad stronger than any religious law could ever be. '
    Remain as ignorant as you like... no sweat off my back.

    "A panel of federal judges has ruled that states cannot protect their courts from jurists who base their decisions on international or Koranic law. America needs better judges."

    Read more: EDITORIAL: Shariah in America's courts - Washington Times EDITORIAL: Shariah in America's courts - Washington Times

    In a decision that Muslim legal advocates celebrated as a major win, a federal appeals court on Tuesday agreed with a lower court that blocked an Oklahoma law that would have barred state courts from considering or using Shariah law — the Islamic code of conduct.

    Federal court deals blow to anti-Shariah efforts - U.S. News
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #298
    Sage
    EagleAye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    03-28-13 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,697

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Remain as ignorant as you like... no sweat off my back.

    "A panel of federal judges has ruled that states cannot protect their courts from jurists who base their decisions on international or Koranic law. America needs better judges."

    Read more: EDITORIAL: Shariah in America's courts - Washington Times EDITORIAL: Shariah in America's courts - Washington Times

    In a decision that Muslim legal advocates celebrated as a major win, a federal appeals court on Tuesday agreed with a lower court that blocked an Oklahoma law that would have barred state courts from considering or using Shariah law — the Islamic code of conduct.

    Federal court deals blow to anti-Shariah efforts - U.S. News
    Ah, I remember this. There was another thread about it a while ago. I think there is little doubt that Islamists will attempt to inject Sharia law into US secular law, but I also have little doubt that the effort will fail. We need to monitor the efforts to push Sharia law and pay attention to these efforts, but worry about it? Nah. We don't need anti-Sharia laws because the structure of our government at many levels does not permit it. The blocked Oklahoma law isn't a success in the slightest for Sharia, as it's pundits like to claim. I note the following from the second link:

    "The Constitution of the United States, and the constitution of every state -- that is 51 constitutions -- already make it illegal to implement Islamic law,” said Feldman. “Just as Jewish law can’t be the law of the United States, and canon law can’t be the law of the United States, shariah law can’t be the law of the United States."

    "It’s like a law that says we absolutely ban alligators on the South Pole," he said.

    On one hand, the court can consider the Islamic passage referred to by plaintiff Awad in his last will and testament, as a means of ascertaining his wishes.

    On the other hand, if his wishes somehow run afoul of U.S. laws — regardless of his personal wishes — then the court will rule them a violation of law.
    Check out my Blog http://momusnews.wordpress.com/
    Sherry's Photography site: http://www.sheywicklundphotos.com/

  9. #299
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,000

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleAye View Post
    Ah, I remember this. There was another thread about it a while ago. I think there is little doubt that Islamists will attempt to inject Sharia law into US secular law, but I also have little doubt that the effort will fail. We need to monitor the efforts to push Sharia law and pay attention to these efforts, but worry about it? Nah. We don't need anti-Sharia laws because the structure of our government at many levels does not permit it. The blocked Oklahoma law isn't a success in the slightest for Sharia, as it's pundits like to claim. I note the following from the second link:
    I read that too... but that is just an opinion. SCOTUS has their's too.Hey, I don't think that the issue warrants a danger level or anything. Radical Muslims are attempting a jihad movement here though legal and economic means though. This is just a fact and those that dismiss it are fools. I am not advocating disliking Muslims... just the asshole ones that want to overthrow the USA, however remote their chances.They estimate that there are 85 Sharia Law Courts in the UK. What about here in the USA? There shouldn't be any, no matter how relaxed it seems. These things operate like stepping stones. You have surely heard of the frog in the pan in cool water that ended up dead as the heat was ever so slowly increased, right? These things seem small now and that is the point. We can't dismiss it as cool because they have a long term plan to ever so slowly turn up the heat in order to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #300
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Do think Sharia Law is a REAL possiblity in the US?

    No. Not enough Muslims, doesn't mesh with our culture, and just generally not a possibility. I accidentally voted yes because someone made the yes/no part of the poll backwards. And I am German, Russian, and Irish by heritage. I LOVE any form of potatoe that exists.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •