Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

  1. #21
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glowpun View Post
    President Obama apparently trounced Romney on Tuesday night's debate. But here it is three days later and the Gallup poll shows Romney 7 points ahead. What has happened? Aside from the Republican extreme right wing, don't voters know what they will get themselves into if Romney becomes president?

    Romney claims he is different from GW Bush. But if you look at Bush's policy record and compare them to what Romney wants to do, there really is no difference! How blind can the low info voters be!
    "Trounced". "Getting themselves into". No, your lean isn't obvious.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #22
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    I don't think you are in a position to actually assess intelligence. Certainly your opinion is a tad biased considering your visceral hatred and far right ideology. Bushie obviously had people talents and his good ol boy act played well with a lot of people. If it wasn't for Chaney's arm stuck up his ass, he might have actually done some good. As it stands he presided over the biggest clusterf**k in recent memory.
    And you aren't biased? Bush had his issues with the economy but its more about what he didn't do rather than what he did that contributed to the economic collapse. You can thank Bill Clinton, Bwaney Fwank and his colleagues for the housing crisis debacle.

    Watch what happens to the stock market on November 7, when Romney receives 270+ Electoral College votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  3. #23
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,377

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only reason why you call me far right is because you are far left.
    Probably, but we should note that some people have not reached the point of seeing economics, social issues and foreign policy as definate entities. When there are only two sides to a coin, all others are far.

  4. #24
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only reason why you call me far right is because you are far left. I went to the same college BUsh did People i know well worked for Bush including some of his top attorneys. People who clerked for the Supreme court

    they said he was very bright. I think I am in a far better position than you are to assess his intelligence.

    Chaney-LOL and you are talking about intelligence

    Carter and Obama were the clusterFk presidencies
    Nonsense. I call you far right because you display all of the characteristics of the far right. You spout far right memes, you cannot bring yourself to be objective about anything the dems have done. You display a neo-cons complete misunderstanding of the rest of the world. YOur economic opinions demonstrate the callousness, the condencension, the stale disproven fiscal policies, that the far right find so near and dear to their hearts.

    As for me being far left - you mistake my contempt for your positions and perspective for adherence to far left ideology, when in fact I am a centerist liberal who prefers common sense consensual problem solving to the partisan garbage of the teapublicans.

    I hold out zero hope either of us changing our views from these little exchanges. Perhaps the most telling difference between us, is that I have experienced poverty, losing it all, struggling to feed and clothe my family and I rose above it. I tend to give all people the benefit of the doubt and beleive that a helping hand can make the world of difference to suffering folk. You take the perspective that all those mired in poverty are their because they are lazy, don't take responsiblity for their own lives and simply want to live at the government's teat. you focus on the unrepresentative minority for an overall cynical and negative perspective, I focus on the majority for an overall optimistic perspective of human nature and the desire to make a better life.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  5. #25
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Nonsense. I call you far right because you display all of the characteristics of the far right. You spout far right memes, you cannot bring yourself to be objective about anything the dems have done. You display a neo-cons complete misunderstanding of the rest of the world. YOur economic opinions demonstrate the callousness, the condencension, the stale disproven fiscal policies, that the far right find so near and dear to their hearts.

    As for me being far left - you mistake my contempt for your positions and perspective for adherence to far left ideology, when in fact I am a centerist liberal who prefers common sense consensual problem solving to the partisan garbage of the teapublicans.

    I hold out zero hope either of us changing our views from these little exchanges. Perhaps the most telling difference between us, is that I have experienced poverty, losing it all, struggling to feed and clothe my family and I rose above it. I tend to give all people the benefit of the doubt and beleive that a helping hand can make the world of difference to suffering folk. You take the perspective that all those mired in poverty are their because they are lazy, don't take responsiblity for their own lives and simply want to live at the government's teat. you focus on the unrepresentative minority for an overall cynical and negative perspective, I focus on the majority for an overall optimistic perspective of human nature and the desire to make a better life.
    Far right? WTF is that?

    I see 2 positions....and the first one is the correct one

    One's on the side of individual freedom and a minimum of state control and power.

    The other side is on that people are retards. They aren't smart enough to run their own lives, so for their own good, the elite, the thinkers, need to make more and more rules to control behavior.

  6. #26
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 09:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    579

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Far right? WTF is that?

    I see 2 positions....and the first one is the correct one

    One's on the side of individual freedom and a minimum of state control and power.

    The other side is on that people are retards. They aren't smart enough to run their own lives, so for their own good, the elite, the thinkers, need to make more and more rules to control behavior.
    If that is all you see then you are close minded indeed. Reasonable people can come to different conclusions on how to solve problems, we have a duty as responsible citizens to understand both positions.

    Related, if the other side is simply wrong why bother posting on a debate site? After all what is there to debate if you could sum up all other positions as "incorrect".

  7. #27
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Romney also has a history of being able to work with the opposing party, which is another thing that is sorely needed and that Obama lacks.
    This is just another one of Romney's lies that he has gotten some guillable people to believe. Take a look at Romney's record in Massachusetts and perhaps you'll see how he is losing his home state by 30 points. Romney didn't work with Democrats in Massachusetts. The only reason things got done in Massachusetts is that the legislature was predominantly democratic and they over-rode 70 Romney Vetos. You have been snowed by the willard machine my friend.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #28
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,854

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    When Romney is elected you'll hear a collective sigh of relief echo across the country.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #29
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    When Romney is elected you'll hear a collective sigh of relief echo across the country.
    And when his policies start taking effect, it will be a moan.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  10. #30
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: What has happened to Obama's campaign?

    Quote Originally Posted by helix2048 View Post
    And when his policies start taking effect, it will be a moan.
    Especially from the entitlement crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •