Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

  1. #31
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,224

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    ... Even in countries like England and France where they have huge Muslim populations have problems...
    There are more Muslims in the USA than in Britain. Woo scary!
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #32
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    There are more Muslims in the USA than in Britain. Woo scary!
    We have far more people overall, of course, and so the percentages are different. Our Muslim population is more assimilated, less radical and better educated as a whole as well.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #33
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Since Obama said he is a Muslim and since until marriage he wore a ring with a declaration of being of the religion of Islam, we already know Americans would and have. Of course, that does not disqualify him and everyone knows he says whatever he thinks best to say at the moment.
    Dude that is such utter bull****. Please tell me you don't actually believe this closet Muslim stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #34
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Yes. I'd also vote for a qualified Christian, a qualified Jew, a qualified Hindu, a qualified Buddhist, a qualified Shintoist, a qualified Zoroastrian, a qualified Daoist, a qualified Confucianist, a qualified Mormon, a qualified Rastafarian, a qualified atheist, a qualified agnostic, a qualified pantheist, and a qualified pagan. As long as it doesn't influence their policy, I really couldn't care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  5. #35
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I know there is a similar poll here but I didnt like the silly twist about adding "if he came out the day before the election" in there

    my question is, if you felt the person was qualified by your standards to be president and he was a Muslim would you vote for him, and if not why?

    my answer is OF COURSE YES, because if I thought he was qualified his religion doesn't matter.
    If the person acted like most American politicians, where their religious beliefs and political beliefs were one, absolutely not. If they could separate their religion from their work, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #36
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    Yes. I'd also vote for a qualified Christian, a qualified Jew, a qualified Hindu, a qualified Buddhist, a qualified Shintoist, a qualified Zoroastrian, a qualified Daoist, a qualified Confucianist, a qualified Mormon, a qualified Rastafarian, a qualified atheist, a qualified agnostic, a qualified pantheist, and a qualified pagan. As long as it doesn't influence their policy, I really couldn't care less.
    exactly!


    it will have SOME influence but in general the only was a politician would be qualified is if they are able to mostly separate the two.
    This is why I always wondered about Paul Ryans statement but he wasnt clear on it. He said he didnt think it was possible to separate them but he didnt go into detail. Im sure he meant he didnt think it was possible for total separation but he was unclear.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #37
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If the person acted like most American politicians, where their religious beliefs and political beliefs were one, absolutely not. If they could separate their religion from their work, yes.
    I agree, its the ONLY way to be a good and qualified candidate.

    Question though do you really think most politicians are that way? I certainly do not.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #38
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I agree, its the ONLY way to be a good and qualified candidate.

    Question though do you really think most politicians are that way? I certainly do not.
    Absolutely. Why is gay marriage illegal? Stem cell research funding banned? Marijuana illegal? Religion. Religion. Religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #39
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Absolutely. Why is gay marriage illegal? Stem cell research funding banned? Marijuana illegal? Religion. Religion. Religion.
    well thats not the same though. Yes I feel people wrongly using religion majorly impacts those things BUT I dont think thats because of" politicians personal views" and "inability to separate the two" themselves its because the cater to the loudest and squeakiest wheels in their base and a lot of time thats the extremists.

    it most areas of the country and especially for president i think any candidate that would show a huge inability to separate the two would lose, they would certainly never get my vote because it would be clear they have no understanding of america.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #40
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: If you felt the person was qualified would you vote for Muslim president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    well thats not the same though. Yes I feel people wrongly using religion majorly impacts those things BUT I dont think thats because of" politicians personal views" and "inability to separate the two" themselves its because the cater to the loudest and squeakiest wheels in their base and a lot of time thats the extremists.

    it most areas of the country and especially for president i think any candidate that would show a huge inability to separate the two would lose, they would certainly never get my vote because it would be clear they have no understanding of america.
    It's exactly the same. Politicians use the word god to justify their actions far, far too often. I want nothing of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •