View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalised?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    50 76.92%
  • No

    12 18.46%
  • Other

    2 3.08%
  • Rootabega

    1 1.54%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 196

Thread: Legalisation of Marijuana

  1. #61
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    But where did I say exactly (as you claim) : Until every single person in america is a responsible drinker, we should screw everybody.

    I understand that that is your interpretation of post, but that's not exactly what I said - not even close. Why are you putting words in my mouth and do you think that by doing so, it's going to do more to advance your pro-legalization position?
    That's exactly what you said. You will only support weed when there are virtually no DUI's, which means an america where every drinker says "no, i'm too drunk to drive, i'm going to be responsible tonight."

    You presented a fantasy scenario that will never happen so that you can simply say "no".

    Instead of dancing around the point, or arguing semantics, just say "no" in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #62
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    please read my link
    No thanks. The background is horrible and after brief skimming I see no reference to anything published in a peer reviewed journal or to addictive qualities. It would not matter much anyway. MJ is clearly less addictive. I have seen alcoholics and what they can go through from withdrawals. I have seen mj smokers who will quit for long periods with no apparent side effects.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    That's exactly what you said. You will only support weed when there are virtually no DUI's, which means an america where every drinker says "no, i'm too drunk to drive, i'm going to be responsible tonight."

    You presented a fantasy scenario that will never happen so that you can simply say "no".

    Instead of dancing around the point, or arguing semantics, just say "no" in the future.
    Do you always become combative and distort the opposition's posts when they disagree with you? If so, you should stop because it does nothing for your cause. Instead of putting words in my mouth, you should have simply provided a counterargument which would have given me something to think about.

    In fact, here are few arguments of merit you could have presented instead of going down the classless road you chose: legalizing marijuana might lower the crime rate; regulation of marijuana might decrease DUI/DWI; because the legalization of marijuana would have no net effect on DUI and DWI rates, there's no harm done and we can find other ways to reduce those rates in the meantime; and so on.

    Instead of trying to engage someone who disagrees with you in a fruitful discussion, you put words in my mouth and insulted me. That's your loss because I still disagree with you and you've given me no reason to reconsider.

  4. #64
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Do you always become combative and distort the opposition's posts when they disagree with you? If so, you should stop because it does nothing for your cause. Instead of putting words in my mouth, you should have simply provided a counterargument which would have given me something to think about.

    In fact, here are few arguments of merit you could have presented instead of going down the classless road you chose: legalizing marijuana might lower the crime rate; regulation of marijuana might decrease DUI/DWI; because the legalization of marijuana would have no net effect on DUI and DWI rates, there's no harm done and we can find other ways to reduce those rates in the meantime; and so on.

    Instead of trying to engage someone who disagrees with you in a fruitful discussion, you put words in my mouth and insulted me. That's your loss because I still disagree with you and you've given me no reason to reconsider.
    If that's not what you meant then you need to learn to better express yourself.

    Saying that you'll only support something if something that's impossible happens, is simply saying that you'll never support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #65
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If that's not what you meant then you need to learn to better express yourself.

    Saying that you'll only support something if something that's impossible happens, is simply saying that you'll never support it.
    Don't blame your interpretation of my words on me. I was very clear. What you did was interpret what I said based on the pro-legalization filter you read them through. If that's how you feel about my argument, then there is no problem with that. People feel how they feel. Where the problem lies is when instead of saying, "This is how I feel about your argument," you said, "these were your exact words." That dishonest and you know it - don't pin that on me. Just take responsibility, man, and learn how disagree with people without alienating them.

  6. #66
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    Recreational use should or should not be legalised?

    My belief is that it should be, and two major parties here already advocate it. What are your thoughts?
    You were 2 minutes early in posting this thread.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  7. #67
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Don't blame your interpretation of my words on me. I was very clear. What you did was interpret what I said based on the pro-legalization filter you read them through. If that's how you feel about my argument, then there is no problem with that. People feel how they feel. Where the problem lies is when instead of saying, "This is how I feel about your argument," you said, "these were your exact words." That dishonest and you know it - don't pin that on me. Just take responsibility, man, and learn how disagree with people without alienating them.
    Then by all means, explain to me how saying that you'll only support it when impossible conditions are fullfilled is not saying that you'll never support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then by all means, explain to me how saying that you'll only support it when impossible conditions are fullfilled is not saying that you'll never support it.
    Why is it impossible to enact stricter DUI and DWI laws?

  9. #69
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Why is it impossible to enact stricter DUI and DWI laws?
    It's not. Enacting stricter laws will increase the number of infractions, not decrease it to zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I will support the legalization of marijuana when one of the two following conditions is reached:
    1. DUI and DWI rates decrease to near non-existence.
    Have you ever seen any crime, I mean absolutely any crime decrease from prevalence to near non-existence?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    It's not. Enacting stricter laws will increase the number of infractions, not decrease it to zero.

    Have you ever seen any crime, I mean absolutely any crime decrease from prevalence to near non-existence?
    You only quoted one part of my position. My argument was two parts and neither part exists without the other. The second part of my argument was that I would support legalizing marijuana if DUI and DWI laws were made stricter. If you are going to continue to distort my argument by taking it out context and picking the parts that are convenient for you, then I'm going to stop giving you chances and exit the conversation.

    Again, why are stricter DUI and DWI laws impossible? And if they aren't, then why do you think I would "never" support legalization since I gave attainable conditions under which I would support it? Do you take that lie back now?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •