View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalised?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    50 76.92%
  • No

    12 18.46%
  • Other

    2 3.08%
  • Rootabega

    1 1.54%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 196

Thread: Legalisation of Marijuana

  1. #171
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by mhurford View Post
    do not ignore the 2009 statement.
    But, ignore the others?

  2. #172
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So, you're saying, having m/j available at every 7-11 across the country, means less people trying/using it? Lol. One thing that has always puzzled me about the pro legalization crowd. On one hand we're told that m/j is not a bad thing at all, in fact, it might be a good thing, relieves stress, whatever. So why try to take both roads? Why promote it, but yet try to argue that usage rates will go down? Why do pro legalization people care about usage rates at all?
    post #142 then look at the post I linked to there. I will not argue that they will go down, but I will argue that the evidence to date does not support usage rates significantly rising as a result.

    And why do pro legalization people care about usage rates? because we do not all have the same reasons for wanting legalization, some are actually concerned with alleviating usage rate (ESPECIALLY among children) and think that legalization can be a much better strategy than prohibition.

    I could care less about being personally able to use drugs, I have not used them for many many years, and am quite proud of that. What I do care about is harm reduction, and prohibition causes more problems than it solves
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  3. #173
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So, you're saying, having m/j available at every 7-11 across the country, means less people trying/using it? Lol. One thing that has always puzzled me about the pro legalization crowd. On one hand we're told that m/j is not a bad thing at all, in fact, it might be a good thing, relieves stress, whatever. So why try to take both roads? Why promote it, but yet try to argue that usage rates will go down? Why do pro legalization people care about usage rates at all?
    I'm not promoting it, nor do I think we should promote it. I'm just criticizing this idea that if marijuana were to be legal the entire United States would be high all the time.

  4. #174
    User mhurford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    35

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    So if we want to minimize and delay usage, which strategy is clearly the least effective here?
    This has been my question for the past 4-5 replies. what is YOUR PLAN to CARRY OUT "minimizing and delaying usage". this has been what I am looking for from our earlier argument, If you can find a sensible answer then I will agree with you.

    (ie. do you want to make people have to get a license to buy it? to get this license they would have to take a class on understanding marijuana? I just want to know your process of carrying out this plan)
    "The price of greatness is responsibility." -Winston Churchill

  5. #175
    User mhurford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    35

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    But, ignore the others?
    no.......live in today's debate and not the past. lol....
    "The price of greatness is responsibility." -Winston Churchill

  6. #176
    User mhurford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    35

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    I'm not promoting it, nor do I think we should promote it. I'm just criticizing this idea that if marijuana were to be legal the entire United States would be high all the time.
    Not everyone does drugs, so not everyone could be high in the united states. But I see your point.
    "The price of greatness is responsibility." -Winston Churchill

  7. #177
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by mhurford View Post
    do not ignore the 2009 statement.
    what?! this one

    "According to a 2009 survey of drug use in Amsterdam carried out by the Jellinek institute for addiction care among 266 coffee shop visitors, 94 percent of respondents admitted having used cannabis during the previous month.
    well no **** sherlock. they surveyed coffee house visitors, they were going to the coffee shop to get weed. They are not a reflection of the entire population. I could do a survey of all the drinking establishments here in the US and find that 94% of people who visit a bar or a pub admitted to having a drink in the past month.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  8. #178
    User mhurford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    35

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    what?! this one



    well no **** sherlock. they surveyed coffee house visitors, they were going to the coffee shop to get weed. They are not a reflection of the entire population. I could do a survey of all the drinking establishments here in the US and find that 94% of people who visit a bar or a pub admitted to having a drink in the past month.
    Please learn to control yourself when debating. If it is too much for you to exchange thoughts with others then debating is not your thing. Also you did not bring out the full statement. let me help:
    (2009 - cannabis use in The Netherlands) "According to a 2009 survey of drug use in Amsterdam carried out by the Jellinek institute for addiction care among 266 coffee shop visitors, 94 percent of respondents admitted having used cannabis during the previous month. Almost 75 percent of them reported daily cannabis use, averaging just fewer than four joints per day."

    and that was for another members post. not our argument. you are not good at keeping on track my friend.
    "The price of greatness is responsibility." -Winston Churchill

  9. #179
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by mhurford View Post
    (2009 - cannabis use in The Netherlands) "According to a 2009 survey of drug use in Amsterdam carried out by the Jellinek institute for addiction care among 266 coffee shop visitors, 94 percent of respondents admitted having used cannabis during the previous month. Almost 75 percent of them reported daily cannabis use, averaging just fewer than four joints per day."

    and that was for another members post. not our argument. you are not good at keeping on track my friend.
    You posted that after I said that the Netherlands had a lower rate of cannabis use than the United States. But, like the person previously, this study was done among people who visit coffee shops. People who visit coffee shops in the Netherlands are obviously going to show a high rate of marijuana use.

    This proves nothing.

  10. #180
    User mhurford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    35

    Re: Legalisation of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    You posted that after I said that the Netherlands had a lower rate of cannabis use than the United States. But, like the person previously, this study was done among people who visit coffee shops. People who visit coffee shops in the Netherlands are obviously going to show a high rate of marijuana use.

    This proves nothing.
    yes... a coffee shop that sells weed. doesn't matter where it's sold. that is not our argument. it's legal in the Netherlands and is sold anywhere. where would you like your study to be valid? how about the police stations in the netherlands.. that seems like a good place to get accurate results. a coffee house is best because it targets the majority of the substance users because that's the most common place where it is sold.

    again with being in depth. take everything into account vs being mad like this other member on this page. Netherlands population vs USA population.
    Last edited by mhurford; 10-18-12 at 06:46 PM.
    "The price of greatness is responsibility." -Winston Churchill

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •