View Poll Results: Should the country (taxes) pay for women's contraception?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    45 38.46%
  • No

    72 61.54%
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 491

Thread: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

  1. #371
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNationalist View Post
    The US has more births than deaths and our material and energy for sustainability is finite. My argument is no chimera.
    we have a fertility rate of 2.1 which is barely replacement, and that only because we have a large, low-education low-skilled immigrant populace with a higher birthrate. Your argument is absolutely a chimera. We need to be having more children, not less.

  2. #372
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The government pays for mens condoms. So why not womens contraceptives?
    The government shouldn't pay for either.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #373
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    we have a fertility rate of 2.1 which is barely replacement, and that only because we have a large, low-education low-skilled immigrant populace with a higher birthrate. Your argument is absolutely a chimera. We need to be having more children, not less.
    The planet is already overpopulated, we don't need to be having more children, we need to stop the poor from having so many.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #374
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    11-01-12 @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    61

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    we have a fertility rate of 2.1 which is barely replacement, and that only because we have a large, low-education low-skilled immigrant populace with a higher birthrate. Your argument is absolutely a chimera. We need to be having more children, not less.
    You are right it's at 2.1 now.

    Yes, population increase is due mostly to migrants.

    Just on immigration alone, we don't need any more babies, because we are not increasing our jobs, so you only are adding welfare babies.

    Even if our population growth were negative, you still don't have an argument because of the cost of living in America.

    In order to brings jobs, we have to lower the cost of doing business in America, which won't happen until we begin with one of the primary solutions of city redesign which has a closer carbon footprint to the people in countries who have taken our jobs.

    Half the country is on entitlements and you propose increasing the entitlements by suggesting we should increase or birth rate? This will only make life harder for everyone until the present energy and economic circumstances are solved. To solve them, we must replace a majority of the existing entitlements with employment. Significant solutions exist, but they are not being taken seriously, not to mention, not being implemented.

    Now, I've proven based on the present statistics you will only add welfare cases and lower the quality of life for everyone. Until you prove the statistics wrong or that funding birth control will be more expensive than the welfare cases, you have lost the argument.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Last Seen
    04-17-14 @ 12:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    503

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    None of the governments business

  6. #376
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The planet is already overpopulated, we don't need to be having more children, we need to stop the poor from having so many.
    Far too many people don't even apply logic as simple as the inability to support x children implies inability to support x+1 children.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  7. #377
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Far too many people don't even apply logic as simple as the inability to support x children implies inability to support x+1 children.
    You have to remember, these people don't care if they can support their kids. They don't care if they can support themselves. They expect someone else to pick up all of their living expenses. Logic doesn't even enter into it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #378
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The government pays for mens condoms. So why not womens contraceptives?
    Why shouldn't you buy the goods you want and I buy the goods I want?

    Why should the taxpayer pay someone to manufacture condoms in his or her role as a taxpayer rather than as a consumer of condoms?

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The great lakes
    Last Seen
    06-12-13 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    No one should ever pay for goods and/or services they did not receive.

  10. #380
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,950

    Re: Should the country pay for women's contraceptives?

    Quote Originally Posted by H. Lee White View Post
    No one should ever pay for goods and/or services they did not receive.
    Whatever happened to compassion for our fellow man ( and woman) ?

    No man or woman is an Island.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •