View Poll Results: Women voting, bad idea?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • women voting is a terrible idea

    18 15.65%
  • women voting is fine with me

    97 84.35%
Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 409

Thread: Women voting, bad idea?

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ...an expression meaning you can do what I was doing, and since I was being perfectly honest and sincere, therefore you were being perfectly honest and sincere.


    Oh, so on top of being dishonest, you think Conservatives typically do not pay their child support and skip out on visitation. I can't wait to see your source material for those notions. I'm not saying it's true or false, you are. I personally don't know, and would support voting rights being taken away from dead-beat parents either way.


    Yes you did, here's your own words:

    The 'game' I was playing was of being honest and sincere, and so therefore that's the 'game' you were playing as well.

    Or did you lie?

    Which is it? Did you opt to disenfranchise or did you lie?
    Sorry, but I am not obligated to adopt a POV just because you demand it.

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Sorry, but I am not obligated to adopt a POV just because you demand it.
    I didn't 'demand' your post #275. You offered that all on your own.

    I'll assume the best of your character and assume you opt to disenfranchise, because assuming you lied in that post would just be rude.

    It's good to know that we can come to common ground on at least some issues. Removing the right to vote from people who demonstrate irresponsibility and harmful behavior can only be a good thing for America. I'm glad we could agree.

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I didn't 'demand' your post #275. You offered that all on your own.

    I'll assume the best of your character and assume you opt to disenfranchise, because assuming you lied in that post would just be rude.

    It's good to know that we can come to common ground on at least some issues. Removing the right to vote from people who demonstrate irresponsibility and harmful behavior can only be a good thing for America. I'm glad we could agree.
    I was being pedantic to make a point, Jerry.

    Please stop nagging me.

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I was being pedantic to make a point, Jerry.
    Your point was that irresponsible people shouldn't vote, and you made it well.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,557

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Your point was that irresponsible people shouldn't vote, and you made it well.
    And there's no fricken way tax paying, military serving, male gender-ed voters could EVER be irresponsible or uneducated voters. No F'n Way.

  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I didn't 'demand' your post #275. You offered that all on your own.

    I'll assume the best of your character and assume you opt to disenfranchise, because assuming you lied in that post would just be rude.

    It's good to know that we can come to common ground on at least some issues. Removing the right to vote from people who demonstrate irresponsibility and harmful behavior can only be a good thing for America. I'm glad we could agree.
    "The things people say and think"..
    This irresponsibility, this behavior are so much a matter of opinion, that its not funny.
    And, IMO, no man is worthy of denying another's right to vote - NO ONE !.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    My goodness, the misogyny on this thread is just stunning.
    Wow, and just imagine what's going to happen to it now that I've shown up. ;-)

    I am against women voting, and I'm quite certain that surprises exactly nobody here at DP. They were not designed to have the mindset and mentality that is necessary for proper voting. Their focus tends to be on topics, ideas, and beliefs that are not necessarily in the best interests of the country and which all too often overwhelm their more rational side. Besides, a proper woman does not have the background necessary to be able to make such decisions.

    Unfortunately, in the last century we've seen a significant reduction in the number of women in this country. We have replaced them with woMen and Feminists, who while their bodies may carry female genetics are not women in any other sense of the word. These individuals are highly political in nature and make the rest of their genetic counterparts look bad.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Wow, and just imagine what's going to happen to it now that I've shown up. ;-)

    I am against women voting, and I'm quite certain that surprises exactly nobody here at DP. They were not designed to have the mindset and mentality that is necessary for proper voting. Their focus tends to be on topics, ideas, and beliefs that are not necessarily in the best interests of the country and which all too often overwhelm their more rational side. Besides, a proper woman does not have the background necessary to be able to make such decisions.

    Unfortunately, in the last century we've seen a significant reduction in the number of women in this country. We have replaced them with woMen and Feminists, who while their bodies may carry female genetics are not women in any other sense of the word. These individuals are highly political in nature and make the rest of their genetic counterparts look bad.
    I don't think your ideal woman ever actually existed, Tigger. Certainly not in large numbers.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I don't think your ideal woman ever actually existed, Tigger. Certainly not in large numbers.
    Yes she did. The problem is that your view of my "perfect woman" is skewed by the fact that it includes ideals and values that you do not agree with. Trust me; bardfoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen is NOT my "perfect woman", though it's closer than what most American females are today.

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes she did. The problem is that your view of my "perfect woman" is skewed by the fact that it includes ideals and values that you do not agree with. Trust me; bardfoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen is NOT my "perfect woman", though it's closer than what most American females are today.
    Whatever the details may be, you clearly want a society in which all women are submissive, Tigger.

    I don't happen to think any such place has ever actually existed, or that today's woman is any more aggressive than women have ever been.

    BTW, fine by me if you want a submissive woman. I hope you find her and live happily ever after -- be nice if you could wish for happiness for all us "aggressive" women in return, is all.


Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •