View Poll Results: Women voting, bad idea?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • women voting is a terrible idea

    18 15.65%
  • women voting is fine with me

    97 84.35%
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 409

Thread: Women voting, bad idea?

  1. #281
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    WTF do all American women request of their government, pray tell?

    You really see us American women as moving in one monolithic bloc, Henrin?

    Awe - you know . . . the mani/pedi amendment and the National Day of the Masseuse . . . you know, those things.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    WTF do all American women request of their government, pray tell?

    You really see us American women as moving in one monolithic bloc, Henrin?

    To be fair, I did lump all women together, but in general my statement does apply. The fact is women are more collectively minded and as such lean more towards collectively rooted ideologies, beliefs and actions. They also have a tendency to want bigger government which has a tendency to brush me the wrong way. I'm not saying all women are like this because I can think of many exceptions on this forum alone, but more times than not women are not individualists and don't push forward ideas that go towards those ends. I am clearly an individualist and I have clearly defined limits on government and most women from what I have seen have limits on government that are far outside of what I find acceptable.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    To be fair, I did lump all women together, but in general my statement does apply. The fact is women are more collectively minded and as such lean more towards collectively rooted ideologies, beliefs and actions. They also have a tendency to want bigger government which has a tendency to brush me the wrong way. I'm not saying all women are like this because I can think of many exceptions on this forum alone, but more times than not women are not individualists and don't push forward ideas that go towards those ends. I am clearly an individualist and I have clearly defined limits on government and most women from what I have seen have limits on government that are far outside of what I find acceptable.
    I also want a severely limited government.

    Do I have to get a sex change operation now, because I also support the right to choose?

    S'rly, Henrin: you should eavesdrop on a Republican Ladies' Luncheon and then tell me, all American women have some defect in their voting that all American men do not share.

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Two can play this game, Jerry.

    * Ever failed to pay your child support? If you can't even satisfy the most fundamental obligation you have as an adult, you don't get to vote.

    * Fathered more than one child out of wedlock? You are clearly too irresponsible to be entrusted with voting.

    * Failed to visit a child of yours anytime in the last year? No vote for you, you child abandoner.

    * Paying less than 10% of your real income in effective tax? You have too little at stake and are too likely to divert government resources to your own selfish ends. No vote for you.
    I agree to all of that.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I agree to all of that.
    That's great, but I happen to believe we're better off with the widest possible range of voters.

    Even people whose lives appear to be defective to me should have a voice in how we're governed, Jerry.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    That's great, but I happen to believe we're better off with the widest possible range of voters.

    Even people whose lives appear to be defective to me should have a voice in how we're governed, Jerry.
    See now you're equivocating. No back-peddling here, you said it, so stick with it.

  7. #287
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    What the hell are you people talking about in this thread?

    Question is a simple yes or no, and if you answer no you are wrong.

    End discussion.


    Or did it segue into a discussion about voting in a more general way?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    See now you're equivocating. No back-peddling here, you said it, so stick with it.
    I said "two can play this game", meaning I could write a rationale for disenfrancising a whole boatload of people who're inclined to vote as you do.

    I did not say that actually disenfrancising anyone was a good idea.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    What the hell are you people talking about in this thread?

    Question is a simple yes or no, and if you answer no you are wrong.

    End discussion.


    Or did it segue into a discussion about voting in a more general way?
    Some people wanted to air their complaints about how (they believe) women vote, and some women beat them over the head until they cried like a bunch of little girls with these ideas.

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I said "two can play this game",
    ...an expression meaning you can do what I was doing, and since I was being perfectly honest and sincere, therefore you were being perfectly honest and sincere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    ...meaning I could write a rationale for disenfrancising a whole boatload of people who're inclined to vote as you do.
    Oh, so on top of being dishonest, you think Conservatives typically do not pay their child support and skip out on visitation. I can't wait to see your source material for those notions. I'm not saying it's true or false, you are. I personally don't know, and would support voting rights being taken away from dead-beat parents either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    I did not say that actually disenfrancising anyone was a good idea.
    Yes you did, here's your own words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Two can play this game, Jerry.

    * Ever failed to pay your child support? If you can't even satisfy the most fundamental obligation you have as an adult, you don't get to vote.

    * Fathered more than one child out of wedlock? You are clearly too irresponsible to be entrusted with voting.

    * Failed to visit a child of yours anytime in the last year? No vote for you, you child abandoner.

    * Paying less than 10% of your real income in effective tax? You have too little at stake and are too likely to divert government resources to your own selfish ends. No vote for you.
    The 'game' I was playing was of being honest and sincere, and so therefore that's the 'game' you were playing as well.

    Or did you lie?

    Which is it? Did you opt to disenfranchise or did you lie?
    Last edited by Jerry; 10-16-12 at 02:03 AM.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •