View Poll Results: Women voting, bad idea?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • women voting is a terrible idea

    18 15.65%
  • women voting is fine with me

    97 84.35%
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 409

Thread: Women voting, bad idea?

  1. #241
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I'm a tax paying citizen. I give my time, and my money to my community just like everybody else in this country. Why should a freeloading ****bag get the same voice as those who actually finance this nation?
    So you are an anti-democratic person who feels just because he pays taxes (which most everyone in the US actually pays in some way or another) has the audacity to value contributing to a community as those who pay money to the community.

    And that person that at the moment now has the bad luck not to be able to pay income taxes has every right to vote as you have. He may or might have contributed way more than you have to society or he maybe in the future he will do. And even if he doesn't, in a democracy everyone has the right to vote, even people with elitist arrogant opinions.

    Also, as I said before, most people in the US pay taxes if not all people in the US. There are payroll taxes, capital gains taxes, state taxes, fuel taxes, sales taxes, etc. etc. etc. and most pay 1 or more of these taxes. Personally I think virtually everyone pays 1 or more of these taxes.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #242
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You make the mistake of thinking petty guilt trips work on me. Voting is the selection of this nation's leadership and laws. Making it a right where any idiot that just so happens to be the right age can vote for whoever they think is the swellest guy was the biggest mistake of this nation's history.

    My daughter is 20 years old, and a junior in college working towards med school.

    She's got no right to vote this coming election?

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    The only people who should be barred from voting are those who don't pay taxes.
    No such humans exist in America.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Because if you aren't contributing to society, you don't get a voice.
    How's about we bar from voting any adult who pays less than an effective 25% of his income in tax? That'd take out every wealthy adult in America.

    That strike you as fair, Surtr?

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I'm a tax paying citizen. I give my time, and my money to my community just like everybody else in this country. Why should a freeloading ****bag get the same voice as those who actually finance this nation?
    Because even the wealthy have the right to participate in our democracy. No one should have to "buy" their right to vote by paying "enough" taxes.

  6. #246
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    So you are an anti-democratic person
    We're a democratic republic, as it should be. Democracy on its own is a self-defeating concept that inhibits the very progressions it attempts to make. The right to vote should be reserved for taxpayers with a college education and proof of financial stability. I'd go so far as to impose a competency test, where people must demonstrate that they actually understand what and who it is they're voting for.

    who feels just because he pays taxes (which most everyone in the US actually pays in some way or another) has the audacity to value contributing to a community as those who pay money to the community.
    I've done a lot more than that, but yes. If a person isn't paying taxes, they're freeloaders. Taking without giving, proving they aren't worthy of the duty of suffrage.

    And that person that at the moment now has the bad luck not to be able to pay income taxes has every right to vote as you have. He may or might have contributed way more than you have to society or he maybe in the future he will do. And even if he doesn't, in a democracy everyone has the right to vote, even people with elitist arrogant opinions.
    I'm playing the world's smallest violin for all the sorry bleeding hearts with a sad story to tell. We aren't a democracy, and we never were.

    Also, as I said before, most people in the US pay taxes if not all people in the US. There are payroll taxes, capital gains taxes, state taxes, fuel taxes, sales taxes, etc. etc. etc. and most pay 1 or more of these taxes. Personally I think virtually everyone pays 1 or more of these taxes.
    Yes, and the homeless, and the welfare queens, and the freeloaders, and the takers, they pay what? Sales tax? What do they pay it with, because they have no jobs. Their only income is from sugar daddies, charity, and our tax dollars. Sorry, but I couldn't care less.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  7. #247
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    How's about we bar from voting any adult who pays less than an effective 25% of his income in tax? That'd take out every wealthy adult in America.

    That strike you as fair, Surtr?
    A set percentage? No, it wouldn't be fair to anyone, but tax evaders should definitely lose all suffrage rights, and then some.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #248
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    394

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    A set percentage? No, it wouldn't be fair to anyone, but tax evaders should definitely lose all suffrage rights, and then some.
    I've gone through this debate (with myself) previously (insert foreveralone.jpg here) and came to the conclusion that this can't be done. The idea sounds attractive initially though, I admit!

    The problems are: 1) it necessitates that we pay taxes. I hope that someday, Federal Income taxes will no longer exist. 2) The primary functions of the government, to uphold our natural-born rights, do not even have to deal with money. Pushing this agenda is supporting that the government's primary role is collecting and redistributing taxes.

  9. #249
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by fredmertzz View Post
    I've gone through this debate (with myself) previously (insert foreveralone.jpg here) and came to the conclusion that this can't be done. The idea sounds attractive initially though, I admit!

    The problems are: 1) it necessitates that we pay taxes. I hope that someday, Federal Income taxes will no longer exist. 2) The government's actual duties do not deal with doling out money that it gathered from the citizens that appointed it. The primary functions of the government, to uphold our natural-born rights, do not even have to deal with money. Pushing this agenda is supporting that the government's primary role is collecting and redistributing taxes.
    It's easily achieved, you send their asses to prison for tax evasion. Taxes have always been necessary for the survival of the Union, it's the sole reason why we have a Constitution, and not the Articles of Confederation. Roads have to be built and maintained, hospitals and medical care have to be instituted, police and soldiers have to be properly equipped, trained, and paid, and so on. Society cannot function without taxes, and when people don't pay taxes, they're stealing from society. They're taking everything we built as a nation, and putting a big ole mushroom stamp on it.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    We're a democratic republic, as it should be. Democracy on its own is a self-defeating concept that inhibits the very progressions it attempts to make. The right to vote should be reserved for taxpayers with a college education and proof of financial stability. I'd go so far as to impose a competency test, where people must demonstrate that they actually understand what and who it is they're voting for.
    in a democracy all people should be allowed to vote in which only the voting age is the deciding factor that decides who should be allowed to vote and IMHO that is how it should be. Why not else would the people who not pay federal income tax decide that people with attitudes towards the rest of society like yours be banned from voting for anti-democratic values? It must never go back to the times in which minorities had to prove that they could read before being allowed to vote. Your attitude towards democracy is wrong and not how democracies should work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I've done a lot more than that, but yes. If a person isn't paying taxes, they're freeloaders. Taking without giving, proving they aren't worthy of the duty of suffrage.
    Thank goodness people like you do not get to decide insulting and denigrating rules as to which kind of people should be allowed to vote. A lot of people now no longer pay taxes after paying tax their whole life and they have every right to vote. Paying taxes should never be the deciding factor in whether people should have the right to vote, it is a given right to all adults in the US and that is how democracies work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I'm playing the world's smallest violin for all the sorry bleeding hearts with a sad story to tell. We aren't a democracy, and we never were.
    Thank goodness all those bleeding hearts will make sure your kind of democracy will never come to pass. The US is a democracy and for decades you have been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Yes, and the homeless, and the welfare queens, and the freeloaders, and the takers, they pay what? Sales tax? What do they pay it with, because they have no jobs. Their only income is from sugar daddies, charity, and our tax dollars. Sorry, but I couldn't care less.
    And I could care less that you feel that way, your views like yours on society are arrogant towards those who do not have much money, that makes a person an arrogant elitist who are totally out of touch with reality.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •