View Poll Results: Women voting, bad idea?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • women voting is a terrible idea

    18 15.65%
  • women voting is fine with me

    97 84.35%
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 409

Thread: Women voting, bad idea?

  1. #141
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No "surrogate spouse" does not mean "i.e. welfare".
    Well, what does it mean then?

  2. #142
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That doesn't mean military service is the only way to foster national identity, which was your claim. It only means that of all those other ways, military service is the only one I argue should be mandatory.
    but your saying that only people that serve or own guns should vote so how can anyone else have a " national identity" if they cant vote?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #143
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Well sometimes theres no other way to be than uncivil


    only a complete bigoted uneducated moron would have a problem with women voting, its sad that we still have people this dumb in america but we do.

    I guess without stupid people like that though we might not fully grasp what good people are like.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Well, what does it mean then?
    And see, you don't know, so since you don't know you should ask instead of pursuing a straw-man for pages.

    Welfare is an emergency safety net. A spouse is not a safety net, so a surrogate spouse wouldn't be a safety net, either. You knew or should have known the profound difference.

  5. #145
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,700

    Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    So which DPers want to eliminate women's suffrage?

    Come out, come out, wherever you are -- I'm gonna beat you snotless with a bag full of Susan B. Anthony silver dollars.
    That might mean we need to make a Frederick Douglass coin to counter-act the race-baiting of Anthony :P
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    but your saying that only people that serve or own guns should vote so how can anyone else have a " national identity" if they cant vote?
    Only people that serve and own guns should vote.

    IMO you should be married, and have served, and own a personal firearm. All three at the same time.



    And yes, exceptions exist, but they don't pertain to the point at hand because they are exceptions, not the rule.
    Last edited by Jerry; 10-14-12 at 01:03 AM.

  7. #147
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And see, you don't know, so since you don't know you should ask instead of pursuing a straw-man for pages.

    Welfare is an emergency safety net. A spouse is not a safety net, so a surrogate spouse wouldn't be a safety net, either. You knew or should have known the profound difference.
    You still have not explained what you mean. If we aren't talking about financial independence, what are we talking about?

  8. #148
    Educator / Liar Champion ab9924's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sharing time between UK and US.
    Last Seen
    11-19-12 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    904

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ab9926, I have two stay-at-home dads amongst my friends. One chose it, one was able to see a better life for himself and his family in doing so after the economy deprived him of any chance at meaningful work. One's conservative, one's liberal.

    These assumptions you're making just don't hold up IRL.
    At the mercy of their wives, I guess, they are lucky men, who happened to marry the right women.

    If this is a 50-50 chance not to work, as national divorce statistics stand at 50 %, at least half of men are still in bigger trouble now than ever. Although I must also say, that the traditional philosophy of "a-man's-salary-is-a-family's-salary" put men on the spot so badly, that many committed suicide when not being able to support their families in 1929. Compared to that, I agree that a wife that kills you is a lot better. The worst thing is divorce.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    At the mercy of their wives, I guess, they are lucky men, who happened to marry the right women.

    If this is a 50-50 chance not to work, as national divorce statistics stand at 50 %, at least half of men are still in bigger trouble now than ever. Although I must also say, that the traditional philosophy of "a-man's-salary-is-a-family's-salary" put men on the spot so badly, that many committed suicide when not being able to support their families in 1929. Compared to that, I agree that a wife that kills you is a lot better. The worst thing is divorce.
    Ab9926, in my life I have watched gender roles stiffen and relax, and then do it again. Some people seem to feel they won't be comfy until we all conform, others (like me) think we're better off with the confusion and mistakes a life with choices brings.

    You can make a great marriage, if you have sound judgment and a decent share of luck. What that marriage will look like will be almost entirely up to you and your wife, but please don't let the mistakes my generation made discourage you.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    You still have not explained what you mean. If we aren't talking about financial independence, what are we talking about?
    I believe Jerry referring to emotional dependence, Smoke.

    He's a special ball of fun, our Jerry is -- his misogyny is legendary but seems mostly borne out of self-loathing.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •