View Poll Results: Women voting, bad idea?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • women voting is a terrible idea

    18 15.65%
  • women voting is fine with me

    97 84.35%
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 409

Thread: Women voting, bad idea?

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    115 posts and did anyone bother to get the real quote?



    What she was trying to say is that women vote their emotion and not their mind (her words, not mine) and that she votes and campaigns to counter act that. She goes on to say every person should vote and be informed. So there's 115 worthless posts for you.
    Go to hell, if you actually believe that mitigates the bile of her remarks, ksu.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    So there's 115 worthless posts for you.
    That's the nature of every thread outside The Loft on DP.

    Regardless of what OP says, we're going to talk about whatever we want to talk about.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Now, are you going to address your statement that women are either married or on welfare
    I never made such a statement.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    I would like to point out that although women should still vote even if they are on welfare/married, women do have more options now than men do in life. Women CAN choose to be housewives instead of working, but no man would want to choose to be a househusband. Women's usual "you-missed-a-spot-again" and "why-shall-I-support-a-grown-man" puts a natural sexist divide between women and men. Consequently, women's voting patterns will always be characteristically different, and women votes will always hurt conservative values consistently, a reasonably unwelcome bias.
    Ab9926, I have two stay-at-home dads amongst my friends. One chose it, one was able to see a better life for himself and his family in doing so after the economy deprived him of any chance at meaningful work. One's conservative, one's liberal.

    These assumptions you're making just don't hold up IRL.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Go to hell, if you actually believe that mitigates the bile of her remarks, ksu.
    ...implying hell exists....implying you have the authority to send people there even if it did....implying we give a **** about your opinion....

  6. #136
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,143

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by ab9924 View Post
    I would like to point out that although women should still vote even if they are on welfare/married, women do have more options now than men do in life. Women CAN choose to be housewives instead of working, but no man would want to choose to be a househusband. Women's usual "you-missed-a-spot-again" and "why-shall-I-support-a-grown-man" puts a natural sexist divide between women and men. Consequently, women's voting patterns will always be characteristically different, and women votes will always hurt conservative values consistently, a reasonably unwelcome bias.
    That's changing. I know a couple "house husbands," as you put it. It works for them.

    Personally, I am totally comfortable putting more into a relationship in terms of finances as long as my partner is contributing in other ways, including domestic. Money isn't the only thing that matters in terms of maintaining a life together.

    However, I do recognize that there is still a large portion of American society that isn't there yet.

    In terms of the way women vote, well, no ****. If you were a woman, would you vote for the party that seems to have a complete monopoly on people like Jarvis DeBarry? When was the last time you heard of a Democrat bemoaning the right of women to vote? When was the last time you heard a Democrat saying women need to return to their domestic roles and leave business to the men? When was the last time you heard a Democrat take a strong anti-choice position? When was the last time you heard a Democrat diminish the seriousness of rape?

    There are plenty of complaints to be lobbied at Democrats, but it's blatantly obvious why women lean away from Republicans.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Ab9926, I have two stay-at-home dads amongst my friends. One chose it, one was able to see a better life for himself and his family in doing so after the economy deprived him of any chance at meaningful work. One's conservative, one's liberal.

    These assumptions you're making just don't hold up IRL.
    The problem is not that you have this opinion.

    The problem is that you actually think your own personal experience is representative of the nation as a whole.

    Additionally, no matter how many of us point out your logical flaw here, you refuse to correct yourself.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    So which DPers want to eliminate women's suffrage?

    Come out, come out, wherever you are -- I'm gonna beat you snotless with a bag full of Susan B. Anthony silver dollars.

  9. #139
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,143

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I never made such a statement.
    You said unmarried women shouldn't be allowed to vote because they tend to use the government as a surrogate spouse (i.e. welfare).

    Now, will you please explain to me what sort of evidence you have for that, in the face of the fact that single women are ever more highly and lucratively employed.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Women voting, bad idea?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    You said unmarried women shouldn't be allowed to vote because they tend to use the government as a surrogate spouse (i.e. welfare).
    No "surrogate spouse" does not mean "i.e. welfare".

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •