View Poll Results: Who won?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

    121 37.12%
  • Ryan

    205 62.88%
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 378

Thread: Who won the VP Debate?

  1. #41
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    There were a few things I found wrong with this debate. Firstly I think Biden was VERY disrespectful to Ryan in his "are you serious" smirks and reactions to the things Ryan was saying. People seem to be taking the things the Obama campaign on faith, which are mostly untrue. The Obama campaign has failed to put forth anything but attacks. I have yet to see a plan or any steps to improving the middle class that make any sense at all. Secondly, I think Ryan was unfairly moderated. There were several occasions in which the moderator would ask Ryan a question and then if not interrupted by Biden, would be soon interrupted by the moderator herself! You can't ask a question and then interrupt before they have a chance to answer. Ryan was trying to provide specifics about the tax reform but didn't get a fair chance to answer the question before the moderator wanted to move on. Furthermore, Biden interrupted Ryan FAR too often. I can see how this is payback for Romney's performance against Obama in the first debate though, but that does not excuse Biden's disrespectful reactions. Finally, Biden's explanation for the Benghazi attack was just incorrect. They initially received evidence to support the claims about the movie and that they had never gotten any requests for aid or extra security. They did, in fact, receive requests for aid and that was proven in the hearing that those requests were denied and no aid was provided. Two weeks it took them to call it a terror attack when they knew within 24 hours. Biden also said that we will certainly know when Iran has the capability to weaponize a nuclear prototype, but it takes them 2 weeks to call something that is obviously a terror attack, a terror attack? Logically makes no sense.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  2. #42
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    A lot of people think that the Romney/Ryan plan is some simple answer. Economics and business are never simple and cannot be fixed on a whim with a single sentence explanation. No one seems to be giving Romney nor Ryan the chance to explain themselves. They've tried to lay it out and make it as simple as possible but even the simplest of explanations land on deaf ears if they are incomplete.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  3. #43
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    If Biden won, its only because he doesn't know when its his turn to talk.

    Hard to believe this guy is one step away from having the nuclear codes.
    You sound like a liberal whining about Reagan and McCain's tough talk. This is a bit odd, don't you think?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Statistical tie on the first account (5 on the margin of error), the last two I do not know.

    You're being unnecessarily misleading.
    Bull**** (to the second point). I do not expect you to read my other posts on this account, as they are buried in these threads.

    Here's the point. Ryan was the overwhelming least known candidate. People's opinion of Ryan is what was to be decided tonight. 80% of America isn't close to the political savvy of posters here.

    Call it a statistical draw. Ryan wins.

    Otherwise, no one votes for VP. Despite all the nonsense that Joe had to revive Obama, only Obama can do that. While either candidate tonight could have flubbed, and that ticket suffered, the point is that barring a flub, only one could score tangible gains if both held their own. Ryan did.

    Do you understand now ?

  5. #45
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Bull**** (to the second point). I do not expect you to read my other posts on this account, as they are buried in these threads.

    Here's the point. Ryan was the overwhelming least known candidate. People's opinion of Ryan is what was to be decided tonight. 80% of America isn't close to the political savvy of posters here.

    Call it a statistical draw. Ryan wins.

    Otherwise, no one votes for VP. Despite all the nonsense that Joe had to revive Obama, only Obama can do that. While either candidate tonight could have flubbed, and that ticket suffered, the point is that barring a flub, only one could score tangible gains if both held their own. Ryan did.

    Do you understand now ?
    You elevate Ryan due to his low expectations, but you dismiss the claims that Biden's performance could have boosted Obama's standing in public perception? How self-serving at best, and naive at worst.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #46
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystov View Post
    A lot of people think that the Romney/Ryan plan is some simple answer. Economics and business are never simple and cannot be fixed on a whim with a single sentence explanation. No one seems to be giving Romney nor Ryan the chance to explain themselves. They've tried to lay it out and make it as simple as possible but even the simplest of explanations land on deaf ears if they are incomplete.
    It is actually the opposite. Romney and Ryan have had AMPLE time to explain the specifics. They choose to loop around and essentially say nothing
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    You elevate Ryan due to his low expectations, but you dismiss the claims that Biden's performance could have boosted Obama's standing in public perception? How self-serving at best, and naive at worst.
    I guess that I have to say it again for the impaired. No one is voting VP on Nov 6. Check Dan Quayle in 1988.

    Tonight, it was Biden and/or Ryan boosting the limited range of their standing. Ryan had the biggest standing to fill. He filled it real well.

    Spare me your sophomoric BS too. You want to talk about me ? STFU. Talk about the candidates.

  8. #48
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I guess that I have to say it again for the impaired. No one is voting VP on Nov 6. Check Dan Quayle in 1988.

    Tonight, it was Biden and/or Ryan boosting the limited range of their standing. Ryan had the biggest standing to fill. He filled it real well.

    Spare me you sophomoric BS too. You want to talk abut me ? STFU. Talk about the candidates.
    I am impaired, by the way.

    Next: Yes, the tickets are impacted by the debates in the media play, and it goes both ways. They both came ahead while statistically gaining little to no ground. First you mislead about the polls declaring Ryan the winner, then you do it again by dismissing the idea that Obama can claim just as much of a victory by having the talk of the ticket remain stronger, the momentum gaining.

    You talked about me first, bub.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #49
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    To me, it was kind of a draw. I thought Biden made a better case but his behavior was very distressing. I'm exactly the same age as Biden and I don't smirk and I don't interrupt, no matter my passion for a topic.

    One side wants to "help the poor" with magical money. The other side wants to cut taxes since we have magical money.

    In all my years as a magician, I was never able to increase my expenses or lower my income without serious consequences.

    They both have SOME good ideas. Too bad we can't just pick the good ones without the bad coming along on the same order.

    Depressing, really.

  10. #50
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    To me, it was kind of a draw. I thought Biden made a better case but his behavior was very distressing. I'm exactly the same age as Biden and I don't smirk and I don't interrupt, no matter my passion for a topic.

    One side wants to "help the poor" with magical money. The other side wants to cut taxes since we have magical money.

    In all my years as a magician, I was never able to increase my expenses or lower my income without serious consequences.

    They both have SOME good ideas. Too bad we can't just pick the good ones without the bad coming along on the same order.

    Depressing, really.
    Quite frankly the answer is to raise taxes AND cut spending, massively.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •