View Poll Results: Who won?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

    121 37.12%
  • Ryan

    205 62.88%
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 378

Thread: Who won the VP Debate?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Umm, those are unscientific online polls. They don't mean squat.
    Must mean something to the left huh.....especially with all their pundits talking about the exact opposite of what you are. But coming from Daily KOS. Pretty much says it all.....eh?

    Just how do you get around the Lefts Own Ataack Dogs, making such statements!

    Course when you can prove any of these polls are really scientific that in itself might lead to a nice lil debate too!

  2. #112
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Anyone thinking Ryan won this debate is basing it on style, not substance. Just like the Romney/Obama debate.
    Hail to the King baby!

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Must mean something to the left huh.....especially with all their pundits talking about the exact opposite of what you are. But coming from Daily KOS. Pretty much says it all.....eh?

    Just how do you get around the Lefts Own Ataack Dogs, making such statements!

    Course when you can prove any of these polls are really scientific that in itself might lead to a nice lil debate too!
    Given the links to them were on DailyKos, I would say they were put there to make it easy for Liberals to vote on them. But again, they're unscientific online polls ... meaningless.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Anyone thinking Ryan won this debate is basing it on style, not substance. Just like the Romney/Obama debate.
    Vice President Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) traded furious blows Thursday night in a highly contentious vice presidential debate.

    There was no clear winner in the first and only showdown between the vice presidential candidates, with both sides making strong cases for their running mates at the top of their respective tickets. But perhaps the most prominent feature of the debate in Danville, Ky., was Biden’s incredulous demeanor. The vice president repeatedly dismissed Ryan with laughter, eye rolling and even an “Oh, god!” in an evening of quips and comebacks.....snip~

    Biden and Ryan exchange verbal blows in contentious debate - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

    Course the Hill out of D.C. and all their writers wouldn't know what they were talking about either......huh?

    Yeah Biden wins for showing he was good off the cuff with his comebacks. He needed to hit a grand slam to change the polls direction. He got a double and then was thrown out heading to the plate.

    Hence Obama crying about the GOP politicizing issues over Libya. Now with more and more coming out to prove his Administraions Incompetancy and the dropping of the ball. Do you think Obama should be mentioning the word Polticize while on his Blame game?

    Notice with Joe......we inherited this mess blah blah blah.

    Here's one for Joe and Team Obama.....Does any who get Elected whether from the Left or the Right, inherit what they are walking into? DUH!!!!!

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Given the links to them were on DailyKos, I would say they were put there to make it easy for Liberals to vote on them. But again, they're unscientific online polls ... meaningless.
    Yet not meaningless to all those Daily Kos followers.....Such as MSDNC, NBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, and Huff-po.

    Then there is the DNC and all those Democratic Politicians.

    So you mean to tell me all these polls were put up for liberals to vote on. But for some reason they really didnt vote? < Sly grin> Nice Try!!!!!

  6. #116
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Ok I've watched it all.

    To be upfront I disagree with most of what Biden stands for. I think it was fairly even for the most part. There were times that he (Biden) made good arguments. His snickering, interrupting, etc I think is what tipped the scales in Ryan's favor. I do see what some are saying about how they didn't like how vague Ryan could be at times, I found this disappointing as well, but there were plenty of other times where I felt like he was really sticking it to Biden.

    I think people are secretly (maybe even subconsciously) giving Biden a boost simply because he didn't do terrible and they expected him to.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    My personal opinion:

    Biden was indeed more aggressive than Ryan (and Romney or Obama) for 1h and 20min out of the 1h and 30min total of the debate.

    That being said.
    The last 10-15min were the only ones that really, really counted. Because they scored all the points needed. However, Ryan won those last minutes hands down. I don't know if that wins him the debate, but he scored all the things he needed to 1h and 20min to get out in those 4-6min he had from the closing part.

    That being said.

    On foreign policy it was both a wash. they both agreed and disagreed and eventually nobody won there. Maybe Biden scored some more points with people who are anti-war than Ryan did but Ryan came off pretty anti-war despite being painted pro-war.

    On domestic policy... the debt and such, Biden pushed Ryan aside with his constant interfering. I think the american people will and should tax his rudeness but then again, that might be appealing to a certain number of people. So I would count it as even. The one thing that caught my eye there was the fact in regards to private social security > privately owned retirement that is. Why not? we have that in Europe. There are private retirement funds for citizens aside from the public social security and it works well. People in France for instance have 2-4 retirement pensions, one from the state, the rest from groups who do this business in the private sector. It is a great system and the fact that Ryan wants to implement it is a good thing overall for the USA. I do however find that the age where it should start is for those under 30 or 25, not for those under 54.

    On religious discussion... it was a tie. Generally, I think Biden did a bit better but Ryan seemed also more humane and managed to humanize the entire policy of Romney. Overall, I think that was their goal through these debates. I will be certain once the next one kicks is. Is Romney/Ryan trying to humanize their policy more than trying to just give the record cold on. It seems to be their primary concern.

    And again... the closing 10-15min were the most important ones and I think Ryan came off better there.

    So by a very narrow streak, Ryan won. A very, very narrow streak.

    If there is a poll where I can say both won, I would say that.

  8. #118
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    The American people.


  9. #119
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    I wasn't really impressed by either candidate, but Biden REALLY turned me off by acting like an arrogant uncivil jackass the entire time.

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Who won the VP Debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    If Biden won, its only because he doesn't know when its his turn to talk.

    Hard to believe this guy is one step away from having the nuclear codes.
    he was 69th in a class of 67 at Syracuse Law

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •