View Poll Results: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • If given the orders, Yes.

    4 10.81%
  • If given the orders, No.

    25 67.57%
  • I'm not sure what I'd do/Other

    8 21.62%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

  1. #111
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,869

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    A lot of people won't get what you're saying, but I do.

    I would say the same. Given the right (or to put it another way, terribly horribly wrong) circumstances, there is only one person I would probably never shoot: the one person that means more to me than life itself.

    Anyone else may be subject to sudden termination if they pose a lethal threat to myself or that one person.

    Unlikely as that is in most cases....
    Lord have mercy, I like the way that you think!

    If something like this ever happens, the troops will shoot citizens.
    Happens too frequently with friendlies and US troops in history.

    Also, sadly, 85% of our population will do exactly what they are told to do without asking questions.

    Only 10% will think about trying attempting to think on their own, but only if they don't get into trouble.

    The remaining 5% of us will recognize that we are the masters of our own destiny, and depend upon nobody else for help, as they probably could not be trusted anyway.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #112
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Depends on the context of the situation, the specifics really decide it all.

    What if this side that's rising up against this "tyrannical American government" just has an extremely warped viewpoint and are willing to achieve this by all means necessary? Things go differently.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  3. #113
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Small gang of 6 people kick in your front door with evil intent. Your 'own citizens'. What is your play exactly?
    In that scenario I'd fire five warning shots, the sixth man can decide if he wants to continue the aggression, surrender and wait for authorities, or join his buddies in a nice long dirt nap.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #114
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    This thread topic stems from the conversations gathered in the thread at the bottom of this post.

    Basically it's about civillians taking up arms against the government should the government start becoming tyrannical.

    Somewhere along the way in that thread, it was mentiond that the U.S. military could squash any sort of rebellion. Mow them down.

    So I gots a question. If God forbid you're a soldier and you're ever ordered by your leaders to shoot fellow Americans, would you?

    Likewise, if you were a soldier, or even if you're a civillians, if you were given that sort of order as a soldier, what would you do?

    I'm asking this question 'cause I want to have some sense of security, knowing that our American soldiers won't be turned against us.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-co...post1061002943
    I've pondered this many times, and the conclusion I keep coming to is that most people would... even if it goes against everything they believe and believe that they wouldn't. I base this conclusion primarily on history and human nature. Most people are followers, not leaders, and not anywhere near independent as they think they are, and will ultimately do as they're told, regardless the "authority".
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    I surely hope you are kidding. Otherwise????????

    I thought that this was sooo over the top that everybody would see it as sarcastic. I got dinged so apparently not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #116
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I thought that this was sooo over the top that everybody would see it as sarcastic. I got dinged so apparently not.
    I do not know what your poltics are and i really don't care but there are just too many people on this board who take liberties with thier mouth. I am not necessarily refering to you but what I mean by that is that I do not see any reason or justification for a person to even comment in passing that they would be willing to hurt or kill someone for no apparent reason other than they don't like them or that they disagree with them.
    They may think this is funny I do not and apparently I am not alone.

    In my professional career I have been shot at, received death threats and had guns pointed in my face by "law abiding citizens" who believed their rights supperceded mine or anyone elses. This is utter bull**** in the extreme.

    If you feel I am picking on you or I am ranting I apologize but its getting out of hand and needs to be stopped damn quick.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  7. #117
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    I do not know what your poltics are and i really don't care but there are just too many people on this board who take liberties with thier mouth. I am not necessarily refering to you but what I mean by that is that I do not see any reason or justification for a person to even comment in passing that they would be willing to hurt or kill someone for no apparent reason other than they don't like them or that they disagree with them.
    They may think this is funny I do not and apparently I am not alone.

    In my professional career I have been shot at, received death threats and had guns pointed in my face by "law abiding citizens" who believed their rights supperceded mine or anyone elses. This is utter bull**** in the extreme.

    If you feel I am picking on you or I am ranting I apologize but its getting out of hand and needs to be stopped damn quick.
    My politics is sarcasm... that's it.

    I have had a gun pulled on me twice and shot at once and recieved two death threats from gang members. I still make jokes.

    That is just who I am. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    My politics is sarcasm... that's it.

    I have had a gun pulled on me twice and shot at once and recieved two death threats from gang members. I still make jokes.

    That is just who I am. *shrugs*
    Yikes! Remind me not to stand to close to you!

  9. #119
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,020

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yikes! Remind me not to stand to close to you!
    It was when I worked in the gang infested East Bay Oakland/Richmond area by San Fran.

    I live in the South Pacific now and the only thing that will hit you if you stand by me is sunshine and good looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #120
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Would you shoot your fellow Americans?

    well I am too old to be in the military so its a moot point. However, if there were incidents of civil unrest and looters were to say threaten my family, my home etc, yeah I would kill those engaged in depredation. I shot a mugger once-only my quick action of calling a paramedic and the fact that an ambulance was nearby (it was St Paddy's day and the EMS was expecting emergencies anyway) kept the mope I drilled from dying.

    I believe citizens have a duty to be well trained in arms and use them against criminals or other scum

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •