View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim candidate for president?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would still vote for the candidate.

    30 38.46%
  • No, I would not vote for the candidate.

    28 35.90%
  • Depends (on how less-qualified the other candidates are)

    20 25.64%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 111

Thread: Would you support a Muslim for President?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anrch-Cptlst View Post
    I don't see any difference between any religion. They just operate differently. Where Islam is a brutal religion, Chritianity is sadistic, and manipulative. Religion is a posion to this world. It is funny that the COEXIST bumper stickers have religious symbols for the letters, I wonder why that is? hmm
    You seem to be reasonable and rational enough. Yet, you also seem to be unable to recognize an obvious difference in the activities between Islamist aggression, violent and non-violent Jihad and Christian, Jewish, Buddhist and Hindu non-violent preaching, praying and passivity.

    Can you explain why this is?

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Allow me to begin by saying that Obama's presidency has nothing to do with this poll.

    I guess, when you feel like you must initialize your OP by instantiating a negative declaration about that which you also conclude is not an input to your algorithm for who gets elected as President, the rest of what you say might be labored with additional suspicion that you had not initially accounted for, thereinafter.

    Your question is laden heavily with bias, assumption, presupposition, insinuation, circular reasoning and prejudice - just to name few of the more 'positive' attributes of your OP. The most weighted of these attributes is not all that clear upon first reading. I was initially struck by the timidity with which you delivered your clear anti-Islamic prose, as you attempted to cloak them in a wading pool of 'what-if' allegoric narration that lead to 'the big surprise' of a candidate for President announcing to the country that he/she was indeed converting to Islam.

    I could wax fairly autonomously on that one shielded observation alone and reason singularly to a conclusion that your OP, is really nothing more than a myopic view of a world in which you probably don't have a broader view that extends beyond our Western Culture. Essentially, I could take your OP down a thousand paths and derive the exact same conclusion. So, the mathematics behind your OP is very transparent in that regard.

    However, instead, I will simply say this - You will find no utterance anywhere within the United States Constitution that prohibits any U.S. Citizen from voting for a Presidential candidate based on their religious beliefs. In addition, you will find evidence that those who drafted and signed the United States Constitution, did so with every intent to let future generations of U.S. Citizens know the importance of maintaining protocol that allows for the separation of both church and state. Moreover, upon a deep and reflective reading of the Declaration of Independence, you should come away with one of the moral imperatives embedded within, that causes one to become fully aware of the importance in maintaining the heritage of the United States of America, as the world's de facto standard-bearer for multi-cultural tolerance and expressed religious freedoms.

    Figuring out whether or not I would vote for a candidate who happens to be Muslim, should now be child's play. Your question is an I.Q. Test, at a minimum and a Hypocrisy Test, just as forcefully - whether you understood it as much or not.

    We could expand this thread to explore the real differentials between Mormonism, Islam and Christianity, so that your OP can be full understood for what it is at its core. However, my experience with this board is that no such dialog and/or deep discussion would either be favored, or even tolerated by the forums "elite."

    So much for optimal on-line linear dialectic medium for discussion and debate.

    The OP has the floor.
    Last edited by PW4000; 10-17-12 at 03:22 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    John Locke said Catholics and atheist should be excluded from public office.
    Catholics because they had sworn an allegiance to a foreign crown,
    and atheist, because they lacked a moral compass.
    I think a Muslim wanting to be President would fit into the same argument.
    He would hold the laws of Islam higher than our Constitution.
    If the two laws came into conflict, he would have a real jehad(in the other meaning) on his hands.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    The problem is you really don't know what is in the heart of any Muslim.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #85
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    John Locke said Catholics and atheist should be excluded from public office.
    Catholics because they had sworn an allegiance to a foreign crown,
    and atheist, because they lacked a moral compass.
    I think a Muslim wanting to be President would fit into the same argument.
    He would hold the laws of Islam higher than our Constitution.
    If the two laws came into conflict, he would have a real jehad(in the other meaning) on his hands.
    You ever hear of JFK?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #86
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,360

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You ever hear of JFK?
    And John Locke wrote that in 1689, when the church was a real political power.
    The concept was that a man cannot serve two masters.

  7. #87
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The problem is you really don't know what is in the heart of any Muslim.
    thats a problem for all men, no matter their religion
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #88
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The problem is you really don't know what is in the heart of any Muslim.
    What an incredibly racist thing to say. People said the same about the Japanese in WW2. Sad the some people haven't learned a thing from history.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #89
    User Anrch-Cptlst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    04-19-13 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    100
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    You seem to be reasonable and rational enough. Yet, you also seem to be unable to recognize an obvious difference in the activities between Islamist aggression, violent and non-violent Jihad and Christian, Jewish, Buddhist and Hindu non-violent preaching, praying and passivity.

    Can you explain why this is?
    Christian genocide on the Native Americans. Israels killing Palestinians. Ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Hindus. Buddhist attacks on Christians and Muslims in Sri Lanka.

    Sounds passive. All of these things in the name of there religion
    Gary Johnson 2012!!!

    There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal. - F.A. Hayek

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Would you support a Muslim for President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anrch-Cptlst View Post
    Christian genocide on the Native Americans. Israels killing Palestinians. Ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Hindus. Buddhist attacks on Christians and Muslims in Sri Lanka.

    Sounds passive. All of these things in the name of there religion
    Heaven is in the details. The only thing you conveniently overlook is that only the Koran leaves a lasting marching order for it's followers even thousands of years later to go forth and use any means necessary, even the sword, to make Islam dominant over all other religions.

    And of all the religions mentioned on this page, only Muslims actually follow those marching orders today. And of those who do, a small % of them use violence to obey Allah's edicts and emulate Muhammad's example.

    Finally, I can't speak with any knowledge of the other examples you listed, but why didn't you specify the Palestinian's everlasting hatred toward the Israelis in the name of Allah, and what they do to prevent peaceful co-existence in that region?

    Oh, and one more thing...we mustn't forget the traditional animosity and violence toward Jews, generally, by Muslims, generally.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •