View Poll Results: What should be done about the handling of the US Consulate attack in Benghazi, Lybia?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama should be impeached, his administration fired.

    17 50.00%
  • Only those who denied aid and tried to cover up the attack should be fired.

    13 38.24%
  • Nothing should (can) be done.

    4 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

  1. #1
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    Obama's administration flat out lied to us about the attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi, Lybia. We are STILL being told that it is the result of an obscene video posted on youtube, despite evidence that proves they knew it was a terrorist attack 24 hours after it happened, and had several precursor attacks the lead up to the Benghazi attack which we weren't even told about. Do you think this administration should be held accountable since it is their job to keep American officials in other countries safe?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  2. #2
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystov View Post
    Obama's administration flat out lied to us about the attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi, Lybia. We are STILL being told that it is the result of an obscene video posted on youtube, despite evidence that proves they knew it was a terrorist attack 24 hours after it happened, and had several precursor attacks the lead up to the Benghazi attack which we weren't even told about. Do you think this administration should be held accountable since it is their job to keep American officials in other countries safe?
    The Administration lied. There is no doubt in my mind about that at all. I didn't believe it when the news came out. Thought it was a ridiculous claim. And that has proven to be true. Why the administration hasn't taken more flack for this is anyone's guess; but it does make me think that the media "makes the news" in our country.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #3
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    I don't know about impeachment. I fully believe the Benghazi attack resulted from failed intelligence and leadership within those departments directly responsible for the safety and security of our internationally based officials. The administration covering for those failures is disappointing, but I don't know how to best address that.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #4
    Professor
    Keridan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Last Seen
    08-19-17 @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,451

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    I think hearings are called for. That's all I can say at this point. Proof of lies would be paramount to making a decision. Problem is that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. There could very well be another reason for the dishonesty that would affect security.

    That said ... assuming it was a cover-up and lies for sake of political gain .. ya, impeachment might be called for.
    Omniscience just sucks without omnipotence!

  5. #5
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krystov View Post
    Obama's administration flat out lied to us about the attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi, Lybia. We are STILL being told that it is the result of an obscene video posted on youtube, despite evidence that proves they knew it was a terrorist attack 24 hours after it happened, and had several precursor attacks the lead up to the Benghazi attack which we weren't even told about. Do you think this administration should be held accountable since it is their job to keep American officials in other countries safe?
    I just finished watching 4 hours of Congressional hearing on the subject, with a panel of two whistle blowers and two bureaucrats who denied their requests for more security. Nobody seems to be blaming the video any more but there is still some question as to exactly who provided the talking points for Jay Carney and Susan Rice.

    To answer your question: Yes the administration should be held accountable, but getting the truth from this crowd is like pulling teeth.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #6
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Keridan View Post
    I think hearings are called for. That's all I can say at this point. Proof of lies would be paramount to making a decision. Problem is that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. There could very well be another reason for the dishonesty that would affect security.

    That said ... assuming it was a cover-up and lies for sake of political gain .. ya, impeachment might be called for.
    A better solution would be to hold Obama to a single term. But if he gets re-elected, impeachment might be an option.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  7. #7
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    10-30-15 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    922

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    The administration is ultimately responsible. As to who is required to take the blame, that will no doubt be thrashed out in committee.

    funny that the right is quick to jump on this single attack as some sort of complete condemnation of the Obama administration, yet think that the 12 attacks on embassies during W's regime were the fault of the perpetrators.

    Oh well, the first thing to sacrifice in poliltics is irony closely followed by a proportional increase in chutzpah.
    My Karma ran over your Dogma.

  8. #8
    Advisor Krystov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Last Seen
    07-25-14 @ 02:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    453

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    The administration is ultimately responsible. As to who is required to take the blame, that will no doubt be thrashed out in committee.

    funny that the right is quick to jump on this single attack as some sort of complete condemnation of the Obama administration, yet think that the 12 attacks on embassies during W's regime were the fault of the perpetrators.

    Oh well, the first thing to sacrifice in poliltics is irony closely followed by a proportional increase in chutzpah.
    During W's administration we were at war, and attacks during war are to be expected. The difference is that we weren't lied to about what was going on during the war, nor were we told things like "Al Queida is on it's heels". This is a big deal because the Obama admin tried to deliberately mislead us from the truth (likely for political gain) while also trying to assert that we are in fact winning the war on terrorism. Obviously these attacks don't help Obama win the election, especially if they're labelled terrorism.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war..." -Plato

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR
    ...play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

  9. #9
    User duhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-12-17 @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    132

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    I don't think I like these poll options. We don't know enough yet. "Impeachment" right now is going too far, but I can't say that nothing should be done either. Someone ****ed up somewhere.
    "Nobody spends somebody else's money as carefully as he spends his own. Nobody uses somebody else's resources as carefully as he uses his own. So if you want efficiency and effectiveness, if you want knowledge to be properly utilized, you have to do it through the means of private property."

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Should Obama and his administration be held responsible for Benghazi?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    The Administration lied. There is no doubt in my mind about that at all. I didn't believe it when the news came out. Thought it was a ridiculous claim. And that has proven to be true. Why the administration hasn't taken more flack for this is anyone's guess; but it does make me think that the media "makes the news" in our country.
    This is what happens when this administration becomes empowered. They can say whatever the hell they want, when they want, without any fear of repercussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •