View Poll Results: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

    5 27.78%
  • Canada

    13 72.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

  1. #21
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonsa View Post
    Canada has the luxury of being located north of the United States. It makes us a very unique country, because our largest trading partner is next door and vice versa, we have the longest undefended border in the world, we don't have to worry about military build up and can focus our military to do a few jobs very well, our beer is way better, we get all your television shows including NFL today, and we share a hockey league or two (which is way more important than most americans can appreciate).
    The US may be Canada's biggest trading partner, but the other way around is certainly not true.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Should people take you seriously when you say you would execute or imprison 90% of the population? I hope you're kidding.
    Yes they should, but it's no skin off my nose if they don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Also, it's ridiculous to call Canada's Medicare system anything other than fiscally conservative. (Confusingly they've named their universal health insurance system the same thing we call our medical insurance for the elderly.) In Canada, Medicare is the health insurance that everyone has. The truth is, and has been proven over and over, Canadian Medicare is less expensive than the USA's patchwork system of private health insurance and some government health insurance.
    The whole concept of a National Healthcare system, whether it's for the elderly OR every citizen is not a Conservative concept to begin with. It's just that simple. Less expensive, more expensive makes no difference. It's not a Socially Conservative program and therefore cannot be part of a Fiscally Conservative system.

  3. #23
    is totally not a robot.
    Juiposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,591
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    The US may be Canada's biggest trading partner, but the other way around is certainly not true.
    It is 100% true that we are each other's largest trading partners. Both of our economies would be screwed with the other.
    "After all, you know, there are worse things in life than death. I mean, if you've ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman, you know exactly what I mean."
    -Woody Allen

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?
    Canada, but that isn't saying much. We should be kicking the crap out of these guys.

  5. #25
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Generally speaking, Canada has done a better job in recent years. Canada actually had real financial regulations in place that allowed them to avoid the worst of the recession that plagued the rest of the developed world. And the Bank of Canada has generally responded more quickly and forcefully than the Federal Reserve.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #26
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes they should, but it's no skin off my nose if they don't.
    Yes, it is. Doing that would cause an economic collapse.

    [/QUOTE]The whole concept of a National Healthcare system, whether it's for the elderly OR every citizen is not a Conservative concept to begin with. It's just that simple. Less expensive, more expensive makes no difference. It's not a Socially Conservative program and therefore cannot be part of a Fiscally Conservative system.[/QUOTE]

    It conserves health; therefore it's conservative. In Canada the conservative party does support their Medicare system, so do the conservative parties of every other major country that has similar systems. It's only in the United States that opposing universal health care is somehow considered conservative. However, that's one of the many reasons the Republicans aren't really conservatives. They're plutocrats. There's a big, big difference.

  7. #27
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Again, comparing a nation with one tenth the population and the same resource distibution is going to yield no useful conclusion - except that maybe it's easier to give more people what they want when you have less of them to serve.

    We have states with more people than Canada as a nation.

  8. #28
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,568

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Again, comparing a nation with one tenth the population and the same resource distibution is going to yield no useful conclusion - except that maybe it's easier to give more people what they want when you have less of them to serve.

    We have states with more people than Canada as a nation.
    Governments get their income from taxes, and the taxes are based on the income of the populace.

    When you look at the median income and per capita income, both of which are naturally adjusted to population differences, you see that America drastically beats Canada in every category, making your argument false.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #29
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    This is like which is better, AIDS or pancreatic cancer. Governments are a necessary evil.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Which government is going a better job, that of the USA or of Canada?

    They both suck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •