View Poll Results: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal

    21 91.30%
  • Conservative

    2 8.70%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 148

Thread: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

  1. #51
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    This is only because the Roman Catholic Church has made the preposterous argument that most stem cells are harvested from the products of abortion and therefore, women are getting abortions they otherwise would not in the interests of science. Not every "conservative" Justice buys this silliness, and I think it's unfair to suggest that conservatives, generally, are anti-science.
    I dont know the reason nor do I care...I made my decision based on what ive read and heard on the news...republicans are against stem cells for abortion reasons and liberals are for it...I thinks its more than just the catholic religion against it.....and I think generally conservative justices are more against it than for...and certainly more so that liberal judges...

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I dont know the reason nor do I care...I made my decision based on what ive read and heard on the news...republicans are against stem cells for abortion reasons and liberals are for it...I thinks its more than just the catholic religion against it.....and I think generally conservative justices are more against it than for...and certainly more so that liberal judges...
    Yes, many joined the RCC on the "O! Noes! Abortions are bad so stem cell research must be halted!" bandwagon. Bush II, among others.

    But I wouldn't described most conservatives as anti-science, and I doubt stem cells will be a key to human cloning.

  3. #53
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Scientific and medical issues should be decided based on the scientific and medical factors involved. For example, cloning animals like dolly showed that clones have potentially serious medical problems as a result of the cloning process and genetic material used. Full human cloning should be banned because of the high potential for harm to the clone and lack of potential medicals benefits even if it proves successful. What is most important is that such issues be examined with facts and logic, not fear and prejudice.

  4. #54
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klown View Post
    You dont need to pay puppets

    You have to understand how the Corpocracy is set up and maintained

    Look at ALL the US presidents that were allowed to run for the presidency especially since the end of WW2?

    Havent you noticed how impotent your vote is every 4 years?

  5. #55
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    Yes, let us please keep this discussion out of the realm of conspiracy theory.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Scientific and medical issues should be decided based on the scientific and medical factors involved. For example, cloning animals like dolly showed that clones have potentially serious medical problems as a result of the cloning process and genetic material used. Full human cloning should be banned because of the high potential for harm to the clone and lack of potential medicals benefits even if it proves successful. What is most important is that such issues be examined with facts and logic, not fear and prejudice.
    That is reactionary nonsense. "full human cloning" or reproductive cloning as it is properly known, is the right of every person. It is not the business of government to ban reproductive cloning, for what ultimately amount to superstitious reasons.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    My positions is that the supreme courts, including constitutional courts, should be appointed through popular vote by the people with a temporal tenure (so not for life... 1-4 years, you pick). The way it currently is, there is no doubt that you will have people appointed to the supreme court because of their political affiliations (Elena Kagan comes to mind).
    Hey, that's American politics for you. SCOTUS is not so much a court as a super legislature.

    You idealism is well taken but I prefer to be realistic.

  8. #58
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    Yes, many joined the RCC on the "O! Noes! Abortions are bad so stem cell research must be halted!" bandwagon. Bush II, among others.

    But I wouldn't described most conservatives as anti-science, and I doubt stem cells will be a key to human cloning.

    Why do you always try to put YOUR words in someones mouth....I never said anything like MOST conservatives are anti science nor did I say that stem cells were anything...I merely answered the thread question

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA
    Last Seen
    12-10-12 @ 07:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,316

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Why do you always try to put YOUR words in someones mouth....I never said anything like MOST conservatives are anti science nor did I say that stem cells were anything...I merely answered the thread question
    I have no idea why you believe my post was nonresponsive, dear.

    You said:


    I dont know the reason nor do I care...I made my decision based on what ive read and heard on the news...republicans are against stem cells for abortion reasons and liberals are for it...I thinks its more than just the catholic religion against it.....and I think generally conservative justices are more against it than for...and certainly more so that liberal judges...
    And I disagree.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Which type of judges would support human cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Hey, that's American politics for you. SCOTUS is not so much a court as a super legislature.

    You idealism is well taken but I prefer to be realistic.
    All supreme courts and constitutional courts are in the same manner dude. The same principles are universal. the president or someone of such manner appoints the supreme court and the constitutional court judges. In the UK, it is the prime minister who does that.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •