View Poll Results: .

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Academic Faculty

    38 67.86%
  • Average Joes

    18 32.14%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 236

Thread: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

  1. #211
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I wanna hang the bastards, how that being taken in? I vote libertarian or its equivalent.
    Because you're anti-government instead of being against the agents of anti-government who took over Liberalism and purposely pervert government services. They may be sincere, but lying to themselves about the destructive impulses that really motivate them is the worst form of insincerity. The guppies don't have minds of their own; they are totally controlled by the feelings of class supremacy they were brought up to believe in.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  2. #212
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Yeah, because I have better things to do with my time and am wrapping it up. I merely suggest you actually read the important works before you start spouting off nonsense and telling the entire historical community that they are full of it.
    What if he reads them and disagrees with the points they make? That's the problem with academics; they make many errors in connecting dots. They only collect the dots. They assume that books have some magical power to make things self-evidently true. Using this false retort, I could say you shouldn't debate the merits of the Ivy League Ivory Tower until you've read Lucky Jim, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, and I Am Charlotte Simmons. If the acadummies ran the government, they'd just say the people don't know how to read the truth and have to be ordered around by those who do know what to read.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  3. #213
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    The cartoon squaw's wishy-washy rap music makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and touchy-feely. I'm so choked up I think I'll go hug a tree and say I'm sorry for all the times my dog pissed on it.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  4. #214
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,920

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    LOL...what's not to understand? It's how they make us feel. A smashing pair of heels make an outfit. They help show us to our best advantage. And, they're pretty!
    They are pretty, check. I have admit good pare of heels does add a certian apeal to womans legs. I dont look good in heels, I have stubby hairy legs that are beyond redemtion I am afraid, that even the snaziest of heels couldnt help. Hense I wear boots. Your answer is right in line with what other women have told me. I find it facinating how women are attracted to shoes, one of lifes mysteries for me. Thank you being nice and answering my oddball off the wall question.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  5. #215
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,920

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post


    At first I thought you were saying, "I wasn't talking to you, butt pirate."
    Not bad, Liberal, not too shaby at all if a little on the crude side. A little double meaning in there as well. Butt Pirate, thanks, Reaaaalllyyy.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  6. #216
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,920

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    Because you're anti-government instead of being against the agents of anti-government who took over Liberalism and purposely pervert government services. They may be sincere, but lying to themselves about the destructive impulses that really motivate them is the worst form of insincerity. The guppies don't have minds of their own; they are totally controlled by the feelings of class supremacy they were brought up to believe in.
    The busy bodies that are sincer are definately the worst, they being the true believers of that more governnent being the most ardent in their beliefs.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    The cartoon squaw's wishy-washy rap music makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and touchy-feely. I'm so choked up I think I'll go hug a tree and say I'm sorry for all the times my dog pissed on it.
    I always liked how she reached into a tree and grabbed a bear cub right under the nose of its mother while singing about how ignorant the white man is. There is nothing ignorant about what she did there at all.

  8. #218
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    The busy bodies that are sincer are definately the worst, they being the true believers of that more governnent being the most ardent in their beliefs.
    I can't compete with all the well-financed brainwashing that prevents you from realizing that modern Liberals are agents of the Right Wing. But let me put it this way in order to protect your Right Wing heroes from the charge of influencing their sons to take over the Democratic Party. To the Liberals, it's not a job; it's a position. They are satisfied with wallowing in the glory of power and not at all interested in doing the hard work of turning their agencies into effective public services. By definition, the Leisure Class is allergic to any kind of work.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  9. #219
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    I can't compete with all the well-financed brainwashing that prevents you from realizing that modern Liberals are agents of the Right Wing. But let me put it this way in order to protect your Right Wing heroes from the charge of influencing their sons to take over the Democratic Party. To the Liberals, it's not a job; it's a position. They are satisfied with wallowing in the glory of power and not at all interested in doing the hard work of turning their agencies into effective public services. By definition, the Leisure Class is allergic to any kind of work.
    This makes absolutely no sense at all. the left works for the right? Uhuh!
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    What if he reads them and disagrees with the points they make? That's the problem with academics; they make many errors in connecting dots. They only collect the dots. They assume that books have some magical power to make things self-evidently true. Using this false retort, I could say you shouldn't debate the merits of the Ivy League Ivory Tower until you've read Lucky Jim, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, and I Am Charlotte Simmons. If the acadummies ran the government, they'd just say the people don't know how to read the truth and have to be ordered around by those who do know what to read.
    And we must not forget to read "Ragged Dick".

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •