View Poll Results: .

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Academic Faculty

    38 67.86%
  • Average Joes

    18 32.14%
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 236

Thread: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

  1. #131
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    But if he is an ambassador he is a civil servant and you were just nice to him. SOunds hypocritical and you knowledge of civil servants including the military is asinine.
    Military is NOT cival service. Totaly different ball of wax. If you had been manhandled the way I have been you would be singing the same tune. I hate them immesly, intensely, and ferociously. There are exceptions, there always is in life. But the general rule still applies. There are individual cival servents that are absolutely nice caring thoughtful human beings that do their job with more than the required care and diligence. Sadly they are out numbered by a very large amount by the douchebags in Cival Service.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  2. #132
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Military is NOT cival service. Totaly different ball of wax. If you had been manhandled the way I have been you would be singing the same tune. I hate them immesly, intensely, and ferociously. There are exceptions, there always is in life. But the general rule still applies. There are individual cival servents that are absolutely nice caring thoughtful human beings that do their job with more than the required care and diligence. Sadly they are out numbered by a very large amount by the douchebags in Cival Service.
    Bull**** - Any employee of the government is a civil servant. the designation may be different but the applicable policies and rules are the same. I was a DOD employee for 8 years and thats how it was. believe what you want your already too ill informed to know whats real.

    BTW Its civil service. Not Cival service.

    Civil Service - An employee of the government at any level. the Military are employed by the government (dod - Executive branch of the US government.)

    BTW I have reported your post for threatening among other things. I was a civil servant for 25 years and i was good at my job. Because of what I did thousands of people are still alive today probablly including you. You have no idea how much we do to support, serve and protect (OMG police are CS's too)(City EMT's)(firefighters, first responders, air traffic controllers, etc etc etc.) You are looking only at what you think constitutes a civil servant. In reality WE ARE EVERYWHERE. Don't movef theres one behind you!

    BTW Teachers at any level (except private) are also civil servants. You want to kill them too?
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  3. #133
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    To be sarcastic, yes I would love to, and burn their houses to the ground, salt their land, and poison their wells, draw and quarter them, drown em, put em back together, reanimate them, and do it all over again several more times painfully. And no they dont do a good job and yes I really would FIRE every single one of them. If I started today it would take me a week straight to cataloge the harm they have caused me though neglegence, malfesince, and just plain old stupidity. That does in no way count all the BS that is not their direct fault but that of the system they are tied to. There are so many unnessary regulations that are changed constantly that I as a one man band have to keep track of that I have to hire a specialist and pray they can keep up. It is ****ing ridiculous all the bull**** hoops I got to jump though with very little to show for the effort. I am gona blow a gasket now, if I dont calm down. You definately found the right button to push, congratelations Gepeto, I just became your Pinochio. My dogs are now frightened of me. They are now hiding. thanks.
    Woah

  4. #134
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I disagree veheminately as I am subject to that governace and would love to hang every damn near every cival servant I have ever come accross, literally. Some of what I've been subjected and being subjected to, is bat**** insane. Hate is not near a strong enough word to describe my feelings about the bueracracy that I am subject to. Cival servants for the most part suck, big time, and in my mind have earned themselves a rope around their necks. If I was king for a day I would fire EVERY SINGLE ONE, and then run em out the country. If only I was king for a day.
    Hey FBI people, the rest of us aren't with this guy!!

  5. #135
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Bull**** - Any employee of the government is a civil servant.
    Putting aside the fact he doesn't know it's spelled CIVIL and not CIVAL, he's right. The term "civil servant" explicitly excludes people in the military. Military members are considered to be PUBLIC servants.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #136
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Putting aside the fact he doesn't know it's spelled CIVIL and not CIVAL, he's right. The term "civil servant" explicitly excludes people in the military. Military members are considered to be PUBLIC servants.
    Civil = Public Look it up. They are synonomous(sp)
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  7. #137
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    To be sarcastic, yes I would love to, and burn their houses to the ground, salt their land, and poison their wells, draw and quarter them, drown em, put em back together, reanimate them, and do it all over again several more times painfully. And no they dont do a good job and yes I really would FIRE every single one of them. If I started today it would take me a week straight to cataloge the harm they have caused me though neglegence, malfesince, and just plain old stupidity. That does in no way count all the BS that is not their direct fault but that of the system they are tied to. There are so many unnessary regulations that are changed constantly that I as a one man band have to keep track of that I have to hire a specialist and pray they can keep up. It is ****ing ridiculous all the bull**** hoops I got to jump though with very little to show for the effort. I am gona blow a gasket now, if I dont calm down. You definately found the right button to push, congratelations Gepeto, I just became your Pinochio. My dogs are now frightened of me. They are now hiding. thanks.
    You answered my question with unparalleled detail. As a result, my reply is: I am disgusted having read that.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #138
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Civil = Public Look it up. They are synonomous(sp)
    Lol - utter nonsense:

    5 USC 2101 - Civil service; armed forces; uniformed services | LII / Legal Information Institute

    (1) the “civil service” consists of all appointive positions in the executive, judicial, and legislative branches of the Government of the United States, except positions in the uniformed services;
    (2) “armed forces” means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard; and
    (3) “uniformed services” means the armed forces, the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service, and the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
    Sorry, meant uniformed.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #139
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman24 View Post
    Bull**** - Any employee of the government is a civil servant. the designation may be different but the applicable policies and rules are the same. I was a DOD employee for 8 years and thats how it was. believe what you want your already too ill informed to know whats real.

    BTW Its civil service. Not Cival service.

    Civil Service - An employee of the government at any level. the Military are employed by the government (dod - Executive branch of the US government.)

    BTW I have reported your post for threatening among other things. I was a civil servant for 25 years and i was good at my job. Because of what I did thousands of people are still alive today probablly including you. You have no idea how much we do to support, serve and protect (OMG police are CS's too)(City EMT's)(firefighters, first responders, air traffic controllers, etc etc etc.) You are looking only at what you think constitutes a civil servant. In reality WE ARE EVERYWHERE. Don't movef theres one behind you!

    BTW Teachers at any level (except private) are also civil servants. You want to kill them too?
    Those are my feelings on the subject and I have had an inside look vis vis working for the DOD. I consider Military to be a differnt animal. That said I dont particulaly care whether you like my comments or not. They are the way I feel and if you were still employed today and I had the authority, you and every other cival servant would be fired today. No joke. There is very little use for you. As far you reporting my comments go ahead, I stand by them whole heartedly. If you like report them to the autorities as well. FBI perhaps? You will find no shame here. Not only that I would repeat them. I despise cival servants and dont particularly care who knows. I dont care about your job or how good you THINK you were at it. I am tired of being manhandled by your ilk. And I am fighting back. That means lawsuits. I hate lawyers but hate you and yours more. You do very little for me, that I cant do for myself better. Thats my opinion on the subject, if you dont agree I dont care or even think about your opinion, as I consider it irrelevent. If I get under your skin and piss you off, good I ment to. If you are insulted even better. If thats so you may call me Gepeto and you are my puppet. If not oh well, maybe I get your goat next time.
    Last edited by PirateMk1; 10-03-12 at 10:09 PM. Reason: I can.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  10. #140
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    You answered my question with unparalleled detail. As a result, my reply is: I am disgusted having read that.
    Good. I am happy to have disgusted you.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •