View Poll Results: .

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Academic Faculty

    38 67.86%
  • Average Joes

    18 32.14%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 236

Thread: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

  1. #111
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    You are a rare bird indeed. Did you see the scotch double sided tape application for quantom computing? I find it humourous as it is close cousin to duct tape. Tape in a computer to make it go. . By the way the speed limit in atmostphere for duct tape is 100mph, you can double it with good quality stuff like Gorilla Tape. Dont use either for a vacuum becuase the glue will sublimate. Got to use a specialized version.
    Yes, I worked at ultra high vacuum pressures, I know well of outgassing. And I still don't see us as particularly rare. Well more prevalent than the competent undergrad engineer.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #112
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,041

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Werent for them you wouldnt be on your computer going ****em. Just pointing out a fact of life.
    Do you know who the man in that picture is? Relax yoself before you break yoself son.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #113
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    I disagree veheminately as I am subject to that governace and would love to hang every damn near every cival servant I have ever come accross, literally. Some of what I've been subjected and being subjected to, is bat**** insane. Hate is not near a strong enough word to describe my feelings about the bueracracy that I am subject to. Cival servants for the most part suck, big time, and in my mind have earned themselves a rope around their necks. If I was king for a day I would fire EVERY SINGLE ONE, and then run em out the country. If only I was king for a day.
    So you would kill my friends and family, just because you can't handle the fact that for the most part it does a good job?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #114
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    So you would kill my friends and family, just because you can't handle the fact that for the most part it does a good job?
    They knew what they were getting into.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #115
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,041

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They knew what they were getting into.
    Yeah, USPS has a clause stating on your contract that getting killed is a possibility as a mailman.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #116
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yeah, USPS has a clause stating on your contract that getting killed is a possibility as a mailman.
    Well they do certainly shoot up the place a lot. Going postal...yes? Phrase didn't originate because post office workers didn't go crazy and shoot up the place.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    This is about preferences in government officials?

  8. #118
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    So you would kill my friends and family, just because you can't handle the fact that for the most part it does a good job?
    To be sarcastic, yes I would love to, and burn their houses to the ground, salt their land, and poison their wells, draw and quarter them, drown em, put em back together, reanimate them, and do it all over again several more times painfully. And no they dont do a good job and yes I really would FIRE every single one of them. If I started today it would take me a week straight to cataloge the harm they have caused me though neglegence, malfesince, and just plain old stupidity. That does in no way count all the BS that is not their direct fault but that of the system they are tied to. There are so many unnessary regulations that are changed constantly that I as a one man band have to keep track of that I have to hire a specialist and pray they can keep up. It is ****ing ridiculous all the bull**** hoops I got to jump though with very little to show for the effort. I am gona blow a gasket now, if I dont calm down. You definately found the right button to push, congratelations Gepeto, I just became your Pinochio. My dogs are now frightened of me. They are now hiding. thanks.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    A recent quip by a fellow poster here inspired me to create this poll. Bear with me, while it may seem patently absurd to some, it is strictly for my own amusement and serves only as a sociopolitical barometer of sorts. Would you rather our governing body be comprised of the faculty of various Ivy league and highly accredited academic institutions (i.e. Harvard, MIT, Stanford etc.) or the first 535 individuals selected at random from your local phonebook?
    Academia absolutely. I would love the government to be comprised of experts in education, foreign policy, economics, public policy, etc..

  10. #120
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Academia vs Joe Sixpack

    Can anybody PLEASE tell me where and at what PST time I can watch the debate on the internet. I don't have a TV so please help me out. Thank you.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •