View Poll Results: Where does Obama's skin color rank in importance?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • It influences a great deal all (white, asian, black and latino)

    5 31.25%
  • It ranks very high among black voters

    8 50.00%
  • It can tip the balance for black voters if undecided

    4 25.00%
  • It has little or no influence over black voters

    3 18.75%
  • It ranks high among mexicans and asians

    0 0%
  • It tips the balance for undecided mexican voters

    2 12.50%
  • It is of no importance for mexican voters

    5 31.25%
  • It is very important for whites

    1 6.25%
  • It can tip the balance for undecided white voters

    2 12.50%
  • It doesn't matter for whites

    7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

  1. #71
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    One thing I think some people just don't get; black voters vote almost 100% democrat in all elections and it has nothing to do with the races of the candidates. There is no such think as undecided black voters. President Bush in 2000 got the highest percentage at about 10% if I recall, and that was shockingly high. Obama's race might effect enthusiasm among black voters but not the choice to vote democrat.

    In the interest of a more accurate sample in determining if blacks supported Obama just because he's black, back that thang up to the DEMOCRATiC primary of 08. By the time things got hot and heavy it was a contest between Senator Obama and Senator Clinton. Obama got an overwhelming majority of black votes in the primary, right? No. Not exactly. Hillary Clinton initially was leading in the polls among black voters and had most of the black power players endorsements. Obama started to gain traction and was pretty much neck and neck with Clinton. If you look at JUST the black numbers, it was also essentially tied. Then Obama started to pull ahead slightly and like many politicians she and her campaign apparently panicked and started to deeply offended black voters. Specifically, she minimized the importance of and insulted the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Obama started getting compared to Dr. King due to his public speaking abilities. Sen. Clinton reacted by trying to compare herself to LBJ, saying MLK just made speeches but it was LBJ who got things done as a policy maker. This had the effect of sending the message to black voters that she didn't think MLK did anything of real importance and the roughly half of black voter support she enjoyed started to flock to Obama. This was not because of Obama's race but because of Sen. Clinton's insulting statements about Matin Luther King.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    a long post that says nothing and just failed insults, very telling lol

    sorry using that word is not a solution and that fact is proven by reality. shrug

    that word is a disgrace and not needed NOBODY is grouping all people together, nobody

    This is where the lie part comes in. Nobody is saying that people, HUMANS that are free loaders or criminals or anything else are the same as good HUMANS that are good members of society. The issue is the avg person has the intellect to have a deep vocabulary and understands the reality of words and life. Identifying people who are not good for society is VERY easy and it most certainly doesnt need the word nigger to do it

    again you havent brought any solutions only problems.

    reality is, what you say you are trying to accomplish (which nobody believes you lol) can be done without the use of that word and smart people understand this.

    also where your broken logic HUGELY fails is that nobody objective and honest judges blacks as a whole or whites as a whole or latinos as a whole based off the good or bad PEOPLE among them, that would be idiotic. They are all just people.

    smart people also understand that what the OP is asking is that his race is a minor issue in reality. There are probably some people it matters too + or - but again those people like yourself are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

    there are good PEOPLE and bad PEOPLE thats it

    people that cant comprehend that are part of the problem, its doesnt need broken up into race. Let me know when you are ready to be honest.
    I have finished what I had to say as promised.

    I won't engage in further discussion on the topic. It is an hopeless topic for you and the other dude and I shan't waste anymore of my time, and yours, on this. Unless something is done, nothing will change. Years will pass and in the next big event concerning the black community you will have the same issues... and after that... and the one after that.

  3. #73
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Just a recap

    last 9 presidential elections the % of black vote that has gone to the dems:

    BLACK
    2008: 95
    2004: 88
    2000: 90
    1996: 84
    1992: 83
    1988: 89
    1984: 91
    1980: 83
    1976: 83

    white
    2008: 43
    2004: 41
    2000: 42
    1996: 44
    1992: 39
    1988: 40
    1984: 34
    1980: 36
    1976: 48

    Hispanic
    2008: 67
    2004: 53
    2000: 62
    1996: 73
    1992: 69
    1988: 70
    1984: 66
    1980: 56
    1976: 82



    Asian
    2008: 62
    2004: 56
    2000: 55
    1996: 44
    1992: 31
    1988: -
    1984: -
    1980: -
    1976: -
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #74
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I have finished what I had to say as promised.

    I won't engage in further discussion on the topic. It is an hopeless topic for you and the other dude and I shan't waste anymore of my time, and yours, on this. Unless something is done, nothing will change. Years will pass and in the next big event concerning the black community you will have the same issues... and after that... and the one after that.
    I agree it is hopeless to try and make rational people see what is irrational so no we will never recognized your broken logic.

    and again your post above about what you think are problems in the black community has nothing to do with your usage of the word nigger and you repeating it doesnt defend you using it

    its a deflection to try and seem like you are making a concrete intelligible point, its an attempt to defend using that word, but you have solidly failed.

    again honesty is not your strong suit and i shows.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #75
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    I'm a blacK person and my brother;s and sisters are voteing for Obama because he is black.I have a few who will not vote for him because he believes in gay marriage.I did not vote for him before and I'm not voteing this time arround.I only hope when they get inside the voteing booth they will change their mines.It was white people who really put him in office in the first place.There are not enough blacks to sway a vote.So I say to you white people you better get out and vote and get Obama out of the whitehouse or you will be takeing care of 46% of the people who put him back in office.You white people if you had;nt gone with the blacks Obama would have lost.I'm a democrat but Iam voteing for Mitt.Each night I pray for him because he is a good man and I hope God agrees with me.

  6. #76
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    11-08-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    33

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Wrong wrong wrong.Hillery was doing ok until Obama skillfullyinjected the race word.Than the blacks jumped ship.If the whites had not gone along with his smooth talk he could not have won.There are not enough black people to put a man in the white house.If there were we would have done it along time ago when they first gave us the right to vote.Give me a brake you put him in and you are going to have to get him out.you have my vote.

  7. #77
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by vermae View Post
    I'm a blacK person and my brother;s and sisters are voteing for Obama because he is black.I have a few who will not vote for him because he believes in gay marriage.I did not vote for him before and I'm not voteing this time arround.I only hope when they get inside the voteing booth they will change their mines.It was white people who really put him in office in the first place.There are not enough blacks to sway a vote.So I say to you white people you better get out and vote and get Obama out of the whitehouse or you will be takeing care of 46% of the people who put him back in office.You white people if you had;nt gone with the blacks Obama would have lost.I'm a democrat but Iam voteing for Mitt.Each night I pray for him because he is a good man and I hope God agrees with me.
    I'm black too and I don't have any relatives who plan to vote for him because he's black. My mother plans to but because she thinks he's done the best job he could be expected to under the circumstances. She is enthusiastic about supporting a fellow black but it doesn't affect her vote. She always votes democrat. I have another relative who plans to vote for him out of protest over what she sees as an offensive GOP position on women's health. I have two other relatives who support Romney. It's a little difficult honestly to have a discussion with them about why so I'm the interest of family harmony I don't prod too much but it seems they are very opposed to President Obama for non-policy reasons, they just don't lie the man. I voted for McCain in 2008 but in 2012 I'm leaning Obama due to protest over the GOP treatment of his administration especially the pundits. As a republican I also made myself take a step back and look specifically at his policies and decisions as potus without regard to party. He's been as good as any republican would have been IMHO on national security, in some ares better. I don't like his position on social issues but the republican position is to avoid the social issues anyway. I actually prefer his direction on energy independence with a strong emphasis on alternatives while the GOP hates alternatives. I'm not fully thrilled with either side's healthcare solutions but I think Obama's is better. I don't like political pandering and dishonest head games and to me it seems the GOP does it more and the democrats. I like the banking reforms Obama brought about. I know use my debit card again without fear that my bank is hoping to catch me in a slip up and take me to the cleaners. I was able to refinance my mortgage despite being upside down saving me almost $500 a month. The mortgage company wanted to, I wanted to but former government regulation prevented it. I think he is more interested in keeping jobs in America whereas the GOP's primary intesest in maximizing the profits of the owners including lowest possible taxes for the rich and exploiting cheap overseas labor over more expensive American labor. Just my opinion.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  8. #78
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Just because both terms are derogatory doesn't make the two terms equal in how offensive they are.
    Offense is all about perspective of the person being offended. It may not be as offensive to you, but you do not matter when it comes to the offense of another.

    Which is why its not offensive when a black person calls another black person "N". Being called cracker is more offensive to me than if you called me "N". Its perspective. And its a basic principle taught in any type of corporate "sensitivity" classes, and all of our laws regarding work place discrimination agree.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  9. #79
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Yes, the Irish were treated terribly. I'll give you that. The Irish were treated very, very badly. So I'll retract that statement a little bit.

    And the Chinese and Mexicans aren't "the white race".
    Actually Mexicans are.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    The "N" word as it is so eloquently referred to will not be a truely offensive word until it is considered such in all contexts. So as long as we hear it in the black community and in music without people being offended by it it remains a racist term no matter who uses it. I'm not going to get too stirred up about it until then. It's not a term I use, but this is the internet and there is no way for sure to know someone who uses it here is not black unless they say they are or aren't. Until then it is a race baiting term used by black people and excluded from use by others, which is by definition racist.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •