View Poll Results: Where does Obama's skin color rank in importance?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • It influences a great deal all (white, asian, black and latino)

    5 31.25%
  • It ranks very high among black voters

    8 50.00%
  • It can tip the balance for black voters if undecided

    4 25.00%
  • It has little or no influence over black voters

    3 18.75%
  • It ranks high among mexicans and asians

    0 0%
  • It tips the balance for undecided mexican voters

    2 12.50%
  • It is of no importance for mexican voters

    5 31.25%
  • It is very important for whites

    1 6.25%
  • It can tip the balance for undecided white voters

    2 12.50%
  • It doesn't matter for whites

    7 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

  1. #11
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    you do understand that the fact that I clearly disassociated normal blacks from the niggers who do all sort of crimes and give blacks a bad name is actually a tribute to decent black people.

    Also, I don't discuss my lunch.
    Do you not have any shame in using the "N" word?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire X View Post
    Why use separate words for them? The only difference is the skin color.
    I guess you can use the same word if you want to. They both mean the same thing to my understanding. People who have rejected a proper lifestyle for a morally degrading one.

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Do you not have any shame in using the "N" word?
    No, I don't. Why should I?

    It would be improper and shameful if I used it to define all black people. But I didn't, and I don't. Something you seem to ignore completely.
    Tell me, are blacks who are educated and live a proper life the same as the blacks in the ghettos who deal drugs and can't talk proper English? Would you like the entire black community be judged by the actions of their lesser peers? Or would you prefer to disassociate the good blacks from the bad ones. Because I know I do. hence. You have blacks (african-americans) and niggers. Just like you have white people and white trash.

    Now that I told you what I think, you tell me why I should be ashamed for using the word nigger. And give a good proper explanation.

  3. #13
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    It would be improper and shameful if I used it to define all black people. But I didn't, and I don't. Something you seem to ignore completely. Tell me, are blacks who are educated and live a proper life the same as the blacks in the ghettos who deal drugs and can't talk proper English? Would you like the entire black community be judged by the actions of their lesser peers? Or would you prefer to disassociate the good blacks from the bad ones. Because I know I do. hence. You have blacks (african-americans) and niggers. Just like you have white people and white trash.

    Now that I told you what I think, you tell me why I should be ashamed for using the word nigger. And give a good proper explanation.
    Because the word brings up a time when African-Americans were slaves, thought of as subhuman with no way of life and no rights, etc.

    It is despicable. You should be ashamed.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Because the word brings up a time when African-Americans were slaves, thought of as subhuman with no way of life and no rights, etc.

    It is despicable. You should be ashamed.
    ...

    That argument works only on the uneducated... by the uneducated.

    If you would read like... 10 pages of world history... no more. 10 pages you would come to the shocking conclusion that slavery is the default status-quo. what I mean by that is that there has always been slavery in all civilizations from all over the world. Ofc, there were exceptions everywhere, but the default status-quo was slavery. Fortunately for the world, and this is beyond 10 pages, it was the Europeans who first ended slavery on a global level in the beginning of the XIXth century thanks to the colonial empires some European powers had. The USA was the last civilized country to end slavery in the mid XIXth century. Everywhere else that wasn't under western civilization rule, slavery continued. Like the inland parts of Africa, parts of Asia and the middle East. Certain south american countries had it...

    If you want to nitpick, the most notable exception to the status quo in ancient times were the Greeks. More specifically, starting with Athens and its empire. Everywhere else there was slavery in one form or another (or some form of human ownership over other humans) but not in the greek world.

    So your argument means nothing. Come up with another.

  5. #15
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    ...

    That argument works only on the uneducated... by the uneducated.

    If you would read like... 10 pages of world history... no more. 10 pages you would come to the shocking conclusion that slavery is the default status-quo. what I mean by that is that there has always been slavery in all civilizations from all over the world. Ofc, there were exceptions everywhere, but the default status-quo was slavery. Fortunately for the world, and this is beyond 10 pages, it was the Europeans who first ended slavery on a global level in the beginning of the XIXth century thanks to the colonial empires some European powers had. The USA was the last civilized country to end slavery in the mid XIXth century. Everywhere else that wasn't under western civilization rule, slavery continued. Like the inland parts of Africa, parts of Asia and the middle East. Certain south american countries had it...

    If you want to nitpick, the most notable exception to the status quo in ancient times were the Greeks. More specifically, starting with Athens and its empire. Everywhere else there was slavery in one form or another (or some form of human ownership over other humans) but not in the greek world.

    So your argument means nothing. Come up with another.
    Absolutely none of this defends the use of the "N" word.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    IMHO Obama's ethnicity only affects the election as follows:

    - Causes conservative whites to THINK he only gets black votes because he's black forgetting or ignoring the fact that in contemporary America blacks vote almost exclusively democrat in elections where the only other candidate is a republican, no matter what that races of the candidates.

    - Causes conservative whites to THINK he only gets white votes because of a phenomena called "white guilt", which suggests whites only vote for Obama out of a feeling of guilt about the historical treatment of blacks in America as some sort of expression of contrition.

    - Creates a special feeling of pride among black voters but who's votes were in no way influenced by his race because they would have voted for any democrat with the same positions on the issues and other factors conserved by voters regardless of race. Because of the pride factor, if Election Day happens to be a day when a small number of blacks who are sick or affected by bad weather would be more likely vote anyway in order to participle in what they consider to be an historical election.

    - A very small number of blacks who would otherwise not have been interested in politics register to vote possibly for the first time just to help him get elected. This number is exponentially offset by the high numbers of non-blacks who have bought into much of the unprecedented propaganda activities on the right intended to stop him from being elected and on deleted make sure it's just one term: the birther movement, the campaign to label him as a Muslim in the middle of the War on Teerror with radical Islam, the campaign to label him a socialist due to his too big to fail policies ignoring other Presidents with similar policies especially George W. Bush who was the first to bail out the mortgage, insurance and automobile industries but was NEVER called a socialist when he did it, causing some to question why the difference and could race be the true motive.

    -Of the 1 to 5% of blacks who identify with the Republican Party, a percentage of that small percentage has been so offended by the propaganda activities of members of their own party, as a political statement of protest vote for Obama due to their disgust with the birther movement, Operation Chaos, the Shirley Sherrod smear campaign, the You Lie outburst in a joint session of Congress and the litany of double standards Obama has been held to because they believed it to be racially motivated against Obama because he's the first black POTUS.
    Last edited by Smeagol; 09-29-12 at 05:13 AM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Because the word brings up a time when African-Americans were slaves, thought of as subhuman with no way of life and no rights, etc.

    -I just told you that this has always been the case until Europeans ended it. And yet, your conclusion is:

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Absolutely none of this defends the use of the "N" word.
    You are hopeless. Will not listen to reason. Will provide no argumentation for your attitude and criticism for me except that it "hurts you feelings". It is surprising to me your inherent racism. You get offended by "the "N" word" yet not by white trash. You must be one of terminal lefties I hear so much about.

  8. #18
    Professor
    gavinfielder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-22-16 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,748

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Now that I told you what I think, you tell me why I should be ashamed for using the word nigger. And give a good proper explanation.
    Because the word is shaming in itself. That's what makes a racial slur; it's a term that includes the sociolinguistic implication of racial inferiority and hence using it is condescending and disrespectful to another race. My ethics, at least, would keep me from using racial slurs in reference to other races besides my own.
    "Advocates of capitalism are apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: the fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate." - Bertrand Russell

  9. #19
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I voted as follows:

    It tips the balance for blacks (ofc, I am considering the entire black population. Educated blacks will consider Obama's skin color less in my opinion while the niggers in the ghettos, if they end up voting at all, will care nothing about the other issues. This applies to the remaining black population which is neither part of the intellectual elite or the slums of society).

    It tips the balance for the latino community...

    And it matters a great deal for whites. Why? because of all the "if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist! RACIST! RACIST! And all that jazz.. spewed by the mentally bankrupt.
    Lolz.

    56789.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #20
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    re: Obama and the african american constituency. [W:50]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Because the word brings up a time when African-Americans were slaves, thought of as subhuman with no way of life and no rights, etc.

    -I just told you that this has always been the case until Europeans ended it. And yet, your conclusion is:



    You are hopeless. Will not listen to reason. Will provide no argumentation for your attitude and criticism for me except that it "hurts you feelings". It is surprising to me your inherent racism. You get offended by "the "N" word" yet not by white trash. You must be one of terminal lefties I hear so much about.
    I don't understand what you're saying. Using the "n" word is wrong. That's the end of it.

    I don't get nearly offended by the term "white trash" as I do the "N" word, well, because the "white race" has felt nothing throughout history on anywhere near the same level as African-Americans or other ethnicities.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •