View Poll Results: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    28 40.00%
  • no

    42 60.00%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 198

Thread: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

  1. #41
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    No. Kerry won 88% of the black vote, so definitely not most. I'm sure there are some people who'd vote for him because he's black, and I'm sure there are people who'd vote against him because he's black, but I'm not sure which group is bigger.
    88% is not most?

  2. #42
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is true but I am prettty sure Cain was not going to get the black vote.
    Doesn't that answer your question, NP?

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,174

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    88% is not most?
    He said most people voted for Obama because he's black. Since Obama only won 7% more than Kerry, I said that is not the reason most of them voted for him.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  4. #44
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,873
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    and your point is?
    That an increase from 88% to 95% does not equal 2 million.
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  5. #45
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Against Bush both Gore and Kerry both got in the high 80% area... Obama got in the high nineties...which would be about 2 million more black votes.........

    so basically you just showed how history proves your false assumption wrong? LMAO

    and just for accuracy the black vote as gone democratic 95, 88, 90, 84, 83, 89, 91, 83, 83% the last 9 years
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How you explain about the way blacks answered the questions on Obama's policies? It showed they knew nothing about Obama's stand on these issues and they voted for him any way?
    Good point, especially since all of those redneck white folks down south are all familiar with the nuances of Mitt Romney's position on issues, which is why they'll vote for him. Maybe they can explain his position on issues to the rest of us, since it's pretty much a mystery.

    I agree with the poster who labeled this a racist poll.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  7. #47
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    Not at all...

    why would you ask such a question?

    My black friends vote for him because they are Democrats who support what he is selling...they voted for Clinton on the same reasoning...and Kerry in '04.

    Race isn't the issue...the policies are
    There wasn't a black candidate running in any of those races, were there? In fact, I know of a ton of black voters who went out to vote for the first time in their lives because Obama was black and they wanted to vote for the first black Presidential candidate. That was the only reason. I have friends who are in their 40s who never voted until the 2008 election for exactly that reason.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #48
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    so basically you just showed how history proves your false assumption wrong? LMAO

    and just for accuracy the black vote as gone democratic 95, 88, 90, 84, 83, 89, 91, 83, 83% the last 9 years
    sorry this should say last 9 presidential elections so way back to like 76 or something
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #49
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    I don't know if most of them did, but I'm sure it was a lot. It's a little hard to tell since blacks tend to vote democratic anyway. It would be more interesting to see what percentage would vote for a black republican candidate.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    That an increase from 88% to 95% does not equal 2 million.
    To be honest there is really no way of telling but it is a considerable change......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •