View Poll Results: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    28 40.00%
  • no

    42 60.00%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 191 to 198 of 198

Thread: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

  1. #191
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do blacks vote 90% in favor of the party of entitlements?
    Coincidental. Why do blacks vote 90% in favor of the party that favors gay marriage? Most blacks actually oppose gay marriage. Why do blacks vote 90% in favor of the party that favors not reforming Social Security when the average life expectancy of black men means many will never live long enough to benefit from the program they've paid into all their lives? Why do blacks vote 90% in favor of the party that favors the public school system over school choice when black children would benefit from it more than anyone?
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #192
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    acknowledging those facts is racist. Rather than pointing it out you have to point it how it is all whitey's fault. It is racist to hold people accountable for their actions.
    which facts are you referring too, i see lots of his opinion and or guessing.

    again its not even i disagree or agree with those assumptions or think they are drastically far off one way or another but he didnt state "facts" nor did his statement answer what i asked him (per me and his conversation), he actually never answered it. even though i asked multiple times
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #193
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Hold your water my left wing friend....I called no one stupid.....My point is the blacks voted for him even though they agreed on zero issues..........I wonder why that was?
    Do the non-black Democrats seem to base their decisions on more sensible things? Take your memory pill, NP, I'm hardly left-wing.

  4. #194
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I disagree, entitlements is a major reason. that and the fact that the dems push stuff like affirmative action and easier sentencing of criminals
    What it is NP, is that the Dems have been more successfully linked to Civil Rights than the GOP in recent years. Civil Rights are of particular concern to minorities.

  5. #195
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What it is NP, is that the Dems have been more successfully linked to Civil Rights than the GOP in recent years. Civil Rights are of particular concern to minorities.
    BINGO! Then what followed was the Civil Rights leadership who have understandably come to be idolized segued into new careers as Democrat politicians. Today its at a place where for blacks voting democrat is an act of patriotism.

    FYI: For those interested in seeing more blacks identify with the GOP there are two paths, as I see it. Most of my black friends who are republican have had one or both of these two factors play an important role in their lives.

    1. Being involved in a Church where nothing mattered more than figuring out what God wants as communicated in the Bible and pursuing that agenda, which spills over into political ideology chiefly on the social issues.

    2. Being involved in the US Military. I'm not in the military so I cannot offer an explanation as to why but from what I've seen blacks who join the military have a greatly likelihood of eventually switching to the GOP than other black Americans especially those who stay in longer. Not a guarantee, simply a greater likelihood.

    What doesn't work IMHO and actually drives black support in the direction of the Democrats even more are:

    -Dismissing or even defining as a negative thing, black history and heritage instead of celebrating it.
    -Pandering messages to black constituents that are obviously not in line with the mainstream GOP agenda/ideology. Obvious efforts to manipulate through deceit.
    -Showing insensitivity toward hard working accomplished blacks by insinuating any black who has achieved success got there due to racial preferences.
    -Insulting hard working blacks by insinuating blacks are addicted to the welfare state ignoring facts like black women more than any other female group in America as more likely to own their own business and rank among some of the highest percentages in the country of people with college degrees.
    -Saying dumb things on the campaign stump like the days of slavery were better times in America for blacks because everybody had a job, etc.
    -Failure to understand that for many black Americans, Obama's administration represents something far more important than policy disagreements, that in most cases were done by Republicans first anyway where few complained: Bush bailouts, Romneycare, Reagan's and Bush's deficit spending, etc. Because of this its often seen as just an unexplained double-standard driven by a passionate movement to see him fail and not based in principle or Romneycare and Reagan's push to raise the debt ceiling should have been opposed too. Because of the special importance Obama represents to blacks it might be a good idea to wait until he's out of office before intense outreach efforts are undertaken to win blacks over to the GOP.
    Last edited by Smeagol; 10-02-12 at 11:47 AM.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  6. #196
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I watched a show the other day where where the Moderator went on the street and told Obama voters that Obama is Pro Life, against all abortions, and against equal rights for gays.........90% of them said they knew that already and were still going to vote for him so the question begs to be asked..........
    Simple.

    For a large variety of reasons I've gone into elsewhere...some practical in nature some marketing in nature...blacks tend to overwhelmingly vote Democratic

    Obama is Democratic

    Therefore they'd vote for Obama.

    Even if you told them Obama held "x, y, z" views the general electorate don't actually have a huge grasp of specific issues or policies but a generalized stereotype of "democrat" and "republican" and what would matter is he's got a (D) next to his name. While there is undoubtably some that voted for him simply because he's black (and vise versa), the majority likely voted for him for the same reason they'd cast their vote for a old crusty white guy with the (D) next to their name.

  7. #197
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    Nope, especially given the equally disproportionate margin by which Gore, Kerry, Clinton and others have won the black vote in recent memory.
    Don't forget that Clinton was our first black president.

    Clinton as the First Black President

    African-American men seemed to understand it right away. Years ago, in the middle of the Whitewater investigation, one heard the first murmurs: white skin notwithstanding, this is our first black President. Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children's lifetime. After all, Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald's-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #198
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Don't forget that Clinton was our first black president.

    Clinton as the First Black President
    Who is more adored among black Americans than Al Sharpton, Carol Mosely Braun, Alan Keyes, Allen West, Jennifer Carroll, Michael Steele, Louis Farrakhan and probably Jesse Jackson.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •